Car Insurance Engine Protection Cover Add-On
Engine protect cover is an add-on cover that gives you coverage for damages incurred by the engine of your car due to due to water ingression, leakage of lubricating oils, differential parts or gearbox or engine failure due to an attempt to start a wet engine. It is applicable only with standalone own-damage or comprehensive insurance plans.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Car Insurance
The engine is like the heart of a car. It provides the necessary power for the movement of the car. Like other car parts, the car’s engine is also vulnerable to damages. Engine damage may occur due to oil leakage or ingression of water.
By default, the standard car insurance policies, be it comprehensive or standalone own-damage cover, do not provide coverage for your car’s engine against damages. Thus, in order to insure the engine of your car, you need to purchase a car insurance add-on known as Engine Protect cover. This add-on helps you claim compensation for engine damages.
What is Engine Protect Cover?
Engine Protect cover is a car insurance add-on which is available for purchase with comprehensive and standalone own-damage insurance plans. This cover helps you get compensation for the damages incurred by your car’s engine.
Benefits of Purchasing Engine Protect Add on Cover
Engine Protect Add-on Cover is the most significant add-on cover offered to the policyholder by their respective car insurance company. Highlighted below are few benefits of the add-on cover:
1. Offers Financial Support
In case you have a standard car insurance plan, it will not come to your aid if your car engine gets damaged. However, in case you purchase engine protection add-on cover, then the expenses of repairing engine damages or any of the engine parts will be compensated by the insurance company.
2. Ensures Long Life of Your Car
The most significant component for the Car is said to be the engine. Therefore, in order to ensure optimum functioning and the long life of your vehicle, it is important to keep the car’s engine in a good condition. In case, if you avoid getting your car’s damaged engine repaired on time because of financial constraints, then it can result in no functioning car altogether. However, with an engine protection cover, the insurance company will compensate for the repair of your damaged engine, and would also ensure that it functions properly in the future too.
3. Coverage for the Costliest Car Part
The engine is said to be the costliest component of the car, replacing or repairing it can cost a huge sum of money. However, with the engine protection cover, you can leave all your worries regarding the cost of repairing and replacement of the engine to your insurance provider.
Engine Protect Cover’s Coverage
The Engine Protect cover allows you to get insurance coverage in the following cases:
- Damages sustained by the engine parts due to water ingression.
- Damages incurred to the engine and its parts due to leakage of lubricating oils.
- Physical damages incurred to the differential parts or gearbox.
- Engine failure due to an attempt to start a wet engine.
What is Not Covered Under Engine Protect Add-On Cover?
Although engine protect add-on cover is of great advantage during the monsoon season yet it is important to note that it comes with some exclusions. Some of them are as follows:
- Generally, the majority of insurance providers offer engine protect add-on cover for cars that are less than 5 years old.
- Under engine protect add-on cover, a policy buyer is restricted from making more than 2 claims in a single policy year.
- In case your insured car gets damaged in an event following the accident, like oil leakage, then your insurance provider is unlikely to compensate for the repair of the engine.
- Your respective insurance provider will not offer any compensation for claims, in case your insured car incurs damages when it was started while drowning in the water. This is due to the fact that triggering the ignition, again and again, will cause damage to the engine of your car, and any such act will be regarded as deliberate.
Why is it Important to Purchase an Engine Protect Add-On Cover?
As per the Indian Motor Tariff Act, it is mandated for all the vehicles plying on the public roads in India to be insured under at least a third-party insurance plan. The general insurance coverage offered under a basic motor plan may not be enough for your insured vehicle. Therefore, a variety of add-on covers are offered by the insurance provider for their policyholders.
Although opting for an add-on cover does increase the amount of payable premium, however, when compared in the long run, it will help you in saving a great deal. This is especially important in the unforeseen happening of your insured vehicle meeting with an accident while on the road. Amongst such add-on covers that offer protection to your vehicle during such unforeseen circumstances is Engine Protect add-on cover. Your standard insurance plan may not offer coverage for a vital component of your car, therefore, it is a smart move to invest in this add-on cover.
Moreover, this is highly recommended for individuals who are staying in flood-prone areas or near the streets that get waterlogged easily at the time of rains. Also, people owning premium cars that come with costly engine parts should definitely consider investing in an engine protection add-on cover.
What is the Significance of Protecting Your Car’s Engine?
The most expensive and vital of your car is considered to be its engine, and any kind of repair work needed by it can result in a large amount of money, due to labour and material cost involved. Moreover, the engine of the car is vulnerable to some severe kind of damage during the rainy seasons, owing to the waterlogged streets. This is when an engine protect add-on cover can prove to be of great importance. The owner gets protection against the following kinds of damages:
- Gearbox Damages
- Hydrostatic Lock (happens when you try starting a wet engine several times)
- Lubricating Oil Leakage
- Water Ingression
The huge repair cost incurred for the repair of the engine, electronic circuits, and gearbox can all get reimbursed in case your car is protected with an engine protect add-on cover.
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
Car Insurance Add on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Alto K10 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Rolls-Royce Phantom Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tigor Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Kiger Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Fortuner Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Brezza Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Nexon Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra XUV700 Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Add-ons
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Good support for policy renewal by Loknath. He patiently explained all the queries and pros and cons of each p...
Very good experience
Very very good... easy and well explained. All conditions are clear and well explained. Very good experience...
Engine Protect Cover Add-on FAQs
Is the Engine Protect add-on available with a third party car insurance plan?
No. Like all other car insurance add-ons, the Engine Protect Cover is also available with only comprehensive and standalone own-damage car insurance plans.
When can I opt for the Engine Protect Cover?
The Engine Protect cover can be opted for either at the time of policy purchase or policy renewal. However, some but not all insurance companies do allow addition of the add-on covers even in between the policy period.
Is damage caused due to oil leakage covered under Engine Protect?
Yes, engine damage caused by leakage of lubricating oils is covered under the Engine Protect add-on cover.
Does my standard comprehensive car insurance plan cover damages incurred by my car’s engine?
No, by default, a standard comprehensive car insurance plan does not provide coverage for damages incurred by your car’s engine.
Can I add other add-ons also along with the Engine Protect Cover to my car insurance plan?
Yes, you can add as many add-ons as you wish with the Engine Protect Cover to your standard comprehensive/standalone own-damage car insurance policy.
How can I file a claim for a car insurance engine protect cover?You can follow the below mentioned steps to file a claim for engine protect cover: Step 1: Inform the insurer regarding the loss or damage to the parts of your car’s engine. Step 2: A surveyor would be assigned by the insurance company in order to settle the claim. Step 3: Reimbursement for the repair bill would be given to the insurance provider towards the repair car’s component such as connecting rods, pistons, etc.
Who needs to purchase engine protection add on cover?An engine protection add-on cover acts as an additional protection to your basic plan. Reasons why you should consider purchasing this add on cover are as follows: 1. If living in flood prone area 2. In case you have purchased an expensive car, then repair for the parts of such a car is costly. 3. In case you wish to avoid financial risks, an additional protection can be offered to your basic car insurance policy.
Is my car’s engine covered under the regular car insurance plan?No, own damage or comprehensive car insurance plan does not offer protection against damages or losses to engine components.
Is engine protection cover for your car insurance important?With this cover, you can safeguard yourself financially as protection is provided against any repair or replacement cost if the car’s engine or its components are damaged.
Why is protecting your car’s engine necessary?It is significant to protect your car’s engine because: 1. It is the most expensive component. 2. Repairing or replacement can be very costly. 3. Significant Material and labor cost.
Car Insurance News
- IRDAI Fixes Latest Premiums For Third-party Bike A...
IRDAI has fixed latest premium for both car and bike insuran...21 November 2022
- Is Tree Falling On Car Covered By Insurance?
Will you be compensated by your car insurance provider if a ...21 November 2022
- Do Sports Cars Cost Higher Insurance Premium?
Know more about sports car insurance having high premiums.18 November 2022
- Key Car Insurance Terms You Should Know About
According to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, it is mandatory...15 November 2022
- Is animal attack covered under car insurance?
Animals might be difficult to avoid since they can suddenly ...10 November 2022
- How To Check Car Insurance Expiry Date?
Checking the status and expiry date of your car insurance ca...30 September 2022
- Is Third Party Insurance Enough For Car?
There is a lot of confusion about whether the third party in...03 October 2022
- Does The Colour Of Your Car Affect Your Insurance ...
Interestingly, the colour of your car will affect your insur...07 October 2022
- How To Claim Insurance For Car Accidents In India?
Claiming insurance for car accidents can be a little bit ove...28 September 2022
- How To Check Car Insurance Validity Online?
You can find information such as the accident vehicle's hist...17 October 2022