Engine Protect Cover Add-on In Car Insurance
Engine Protect Cover Add-on In Car Insurance
Engine is like the heart of a car. It provides the necessary power for the movement of the car. Like other car parts, the car’s engine is also vulnerable to damages. An engine damage may occur due to oil leakage or ingression of water.
By default, the standard car insurance policies, be it comprehensive or standalone own-damage cover, do not provide coverage for your car’s engine against damages. Thus, in order to insure the engine of your car, you need to purchase a car insurance add-on known as Engine Protect cover. This add-on helps you claim compensation for engine damages.
What is Engine Protect Cover?
Engine Protect cover is a car insurance add-on which is available for purchase with comprehensive and standalone own-damage insurance plans. This cover helps you get compensation for the damages incurred by your car’s engine.
Engine Protect Cover’s Coverage
The Engine Protect cover allows you to get an insurance coverage in the following cases:
- Damages sustained by the engine parts due to water ingression.
- Damages incurred to the engine and its parts due to leakage of lubricating oils.
- Physical damages incurred to the differential parts or gearbox.
- Engine failure due to an attempt to start a wet engine.
Who Should Purchase Engine Protect Cover?
The Engine Protect car insurance add-on is recommended for all car owners. However, it is highly recommended for people living in flood-prone areas or in or near streets which get water-logged easily during rains. Engine Protect is also highly recommended for owners of premium cars which come with expensive engine parts.
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Fortuner Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Sonet Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Venue Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Eeco Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Engine Protect Cover Add-on FAQs
Is the Engine Protect add-on available with a third party car insurance plan?
No. Like all other car insurance add-ons, the Engine Protect Cover is also available with only comprehensive and standalone own-damage car insurance plans.
When can I opt for the Engine Protect Cover?
The Engine Protect cover can be opted for either at the time of policy purchase or policy renewal. However, some but not all insurance companies do allow addition of the add-on covers even in between the policy period.
Is damage caused due to oil leakage covered under Engine Protect?
Yes, engine damage caused by leakage of lubricating oils is covered under the Engine Protect add-on cover.
Does my standard comprehensive car insurance plan cover damages incurred by my car’s engine?
No, by default, a standard comprehensive car insurance plan does not provide coverage for damages incurred by your car’s engine.
Can I add other add-ons also along with the Engine Protect Cover to my car insurance plan?
Yes, you can add as many add-ons as you wish with the Engine Protect Cover to your standard comprehensive/standalone own-damage car insurance policy.
How can I file a claim for a car insurance engine protect cover?You can follow the below mentioned steps to file a claim for engine protect cover: Step 1: Inform the insurer regarding the loss or damage to the parts of your car’s engine. Step 2: A surveyor would be assigned by the insurance company in order to settle the claim. Step 3: Reimbursement for the repair bill would be given to the insurance provider towards the repair car’s component such as connecting rods, pistons, etc.
Who needs to purchase engine protection add on cover?An engine protection add-on cover acts as an additional protection to your basic plan. Reasons why you should consider purchasing this add on cover are as follows: 1. If living in flood prone area 2. In case you have purchased an expensive car, then repair for the parts of such a car is costly. 3. In case you wish to avoid financial risks, an additional protection can be offered to your basic car insurance policy.
Is my car’s engine covered under the regular car insurance plan?No, own damage or comprehensive car insurance plan does not offer protection against damages or losses to engine components.
Is engine protection cover for your car insurance important?With this cover, you can safeguard yourself financially as protection is provided against any repair or replacement cost if the car’s engine or its components are damaged.
Why is protecting your car’s engine necessary?It is significant to protect your car’s engine because: 1. It is the most expensive component. 2. Repairing or replacement can be very costly. 3. Significant Material and labor cost.
Car Insurance News
- How Modification Affects The Premium Of A Car Insu...
Learn this this article how modification affects the premium...18 April 2021
- Importance Of Add-On Covers In Car Insurance
Read more to learn about the importance of add-on covers in ...18 April 2021
- Things To Know About Zero Depreciation Cover In Ca...
Read this article to learn things about zero depreciation co...17 April 2021
- Easy Steps To Get Duplicate Copy Of Car Insurance ...
Here are some easy steps to get duplicate copy of car insura...17 April 2021
- Key Components in Your Comprehensive Car Insurance...
Before purchasing a car insurance plan, everyone should cond...16 April 2021
- Top Secrets About Car Insurance That You Should Kn...
Know top secrets about car insurance that may be unknown to ...23 March 2021
- Simple Steps to Renew Your Car Insurance Policy On...
Read this post to learn about simple steps to renew your car...18 March 2021
- Benefits of Engine Protection Cover in Car Insuran...
Engine protection is an important add-on cover under a car i...31 March 2021
- Tips to Make Your Car Insurance the Top Deal Ever
Trying to choose the best car insurance plan for you? Here a...24 March 2021
- How to Switch A Car Insurance Company?
Here is the complete guide as to how to switch a car insuran...28 March 2021