Engine Protect Cover Add-on In Car Insurance
Engine Protect Cover Add-on In Car Insurance
Engine is like the heart of a car. It provides the necessary power for the movement of the car. Like other car parts, the car’s engine is also vulnerable to damages. An engine damage may occur due to oil leakage or ingression of water.
By default, the standard car insurance policies, be it comprehensive or standalone own-damage cover, do not provide coverage for your car’s engine against damages. Thus, in order to insure the engine of your car, you need to purchase a car insurance add-on known as Engine Protect cover. This add-on helps you claim compensation for engine damages.
What is Engine Protect Cover?
Engine Protect cover is a car insurance add-on which is available for purchase with comprehensive and standalone own-damage insurance plans. This cover helps you get compensation for the damages incurred by your car’s engine.
Benefits of Purchasing Engine Protect Add on Cover
Engine Protect Add on Cover is the most significant add-on cover offered to the policyholder by their respective car insurance company. Highlighted below are few benefits of the add-on cover:
1. Offers Financial Support
In case you have a standard car insurance plan, it will not come to your aid if your car engine gets damaged. However, in case you purchase engine protection add-on cover, then the expenses of repairing engine damages or any of the engine parts will be compensated by the insurance company.
2. Ensures Long Life of Your Car
The most significant component for the Car is said to be the engine. Therefore, in order to ensure optimum functioning and long life of your vehicle, it is important to keep the car’s engine in a good condition. In case, if you avoid getting your car’s damaged engine repaired on time because of financial constraints, then it can result in no functioning car altogether. However, with an engine protection cover, the insurance company will compensate for the repair of your damaged engine, and would also ensure that it functions properly in future too.
3. Coverage for the Costliest Car Part
Engine is said to be the costliest component of the car, replacing or repairing it can cost a huge sum of money. However, with the engine protection cover, you can leave all your worries regarding the cost of repairing and replacement of the engine to your insurance provider.
Engine Protect Cover’s Coverage
The Engine Protect cover allows you to get an insurance coverage in the following cases:
- Damages sustained by the engine parts due to water ingression.
- Damages incurred to the engine and its parts due to leakage of lubricating oils.
- Physical damages incurred to the differential parts or gearbox.
- Engine failure due to an attempt to start a wet engine.
What is not Covered Under Engine Protect Add-On Cover?
Although engine protect add-on cover is of great advantage during the monsoon season yet it is important to note that it comes with some exclusions. Some of them are as follows:
- Generally, the majority of insurance providers offer engine protect add-on cover for cars that are less than 5 years old.
- Under engine protect add-on cover, a policy buyer is restricted from making more than 2 claims in a single policy year.
- In case your insured car gets damaged in an event following the accident, like oil leakage, then your insurance provider is unlikely to compensate for the repair of the engine.
- Your respective insurance provider will not offer any compensation for claims, in case your insured car incurs damages when it was started while drowning in the water. This is due to the fact that triggering the ignition, again and again, will cause damage to the engine of your car, and any such act will be regarded as deliberate.
Why is it Important to Purchase an Engine Protect Add-On Cover?
What is the Significance of Protecting Your Car’s Engine?
- Gearbox Damages
- Hydrostatic Lock (happens when you try starting a wet engine several times)
- Lubricating Oil Leakage
- Water Ingression
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Bolero Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Nexon Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Fortuner Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Eeco Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Add-ons
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
For getting the policy renewed, I got step by step guidance/help from insurancedekho. It is highly appreciabl...
very nice so very excellence
i am first time in use this side so very nice so very excellence i am show in your friends group in your side ...
Engine Protect Cover Add-on FAQs
Is the Engine Protect add-on available with a third party car insurance plan?
No. Like all other car insurance add-ons, the Engine Protect Cover is also available with only comprehensive and standalone own-damage car insurance plans.
When can I opt for the Engine Protect Cover?
The Engine Protect cover can be opted for either at the time of policy purchase or policy renewal. However, some but not all insurance companies do allow addition of the add-on covers even in between the policy period.
Is damage caused due to oil leakage covered under Engine Protect?
Yes, engine damage caused by leakage of lubricating oils is covered under the Engine Protect add-on cover.
Does my standard comprehensive car insurance plan cover damages incurred by my car’s engine?
No, by default, a standard comprehensive car insurance plan does not provide coverage for damages incurred by your car’s engine.
Can I add other add-ons also along with the Engine Protect Cover to my car insurance plan?
Yes, you can add as many add-ons as you wish with the Engine Protect Cover to your standard comprehensive/standalone own-damage car insurance policy.
How can I file a claim for a car insurance engine protect cover?You can follow the below mentioned steps to file a claim for engine protect cover: Step 1: Inform the insurer regarding the loss or damage to the parts of your car’s engine. Step 2: A surveyor would be assigned by the insurance company in order to settle the claim. Step 3: Reimbursement for the repair bill would be given to the insurance provider towards the repair car’s component such as connecting rods, pistons, etc.
Who needs to purchase engine protection add on cover?An engine protection add-on cover acts as an additional protection to your basic plan. Reasons why you should consider purchasing this add on cover are as follows: 1. If living in flood prone area 2. In case you have purchased an expensive car, then repair for the parts of such a car is costly. 3. In case you wish to avoid financial risks, an additional protection can be offered to your basic car insurance policy.
Is my car’s engine covered under the regular car insurance plan?No, own damage or comprehensive car insurance plan does not offer protection against damages or losses to engine components.
Is engine protection cover for your car insurance important?With this cover, you can safeguard yourself financially as protection is provided against any repair or replacement cost if the car’s engine or its components are damaged.
Why is protecting your car’s engine necessary?It is significant to protect your car’s engine because: 1. It is the most expensive component. 2. Repairing or replacement can be very costly. 3. Significant Material and labor cost.
Car Insurance News
- Benefits of Renewing Your HDFC ERGO Car Insurance ...
Read this article to know the benefits of renewing your car ...02 August 2021
- SBI General Cashless Car Insurance Process Explai...
Read this article to understand the Cashless Facility offere...02 August 2021
- Important Features And Benefits of Tata AIG Car In...
Read this article to know about the important features and b...01 August 2021
- How To Change The Nominee Name In Your Car Insuran...
Read this article to find out how you can change the nominee...31 July 2021
- Everything You Need To Know About Bharti AXA Car I...
Read this article to find out the top features of car insura...30 July 2021
- How Is Car Insurance Premium Calculated?
Read this article to understand how your car insurance premi...11 June 2021
- Everything You Need To Know About Car Valuation An...
Read this article to find out what car valuation is with res...03 June 2021
- Ways To Reduce Your Car Insurance Premium
Read this article to find out effective ways where you can r...14 July 2021
- How To Get Temporary Registration Number For Your ...
Read this article to understand what registration number is ...04 June 2021
- Is It Beneficial To Stay With The Same Insurance C...
Read this article to find out the pros and cons of staying w...04 June 2021