Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
What is Depreciation Mean?
Like every other commodity, your car is also subject to depreciation, i.e., the devaluation with time due to wear and tear. The onus of bearing the depreciation liability originally rests with the car owner and not the insurance provider. Thus, at the time of a claim settlement, the amount of depreciation applicable on your car and its parts get deducted from the compensation amount thereby reducing it. This is where the Zero Depreciation add-on cover comes in handy.
What is Nil/Zero Depreciation Car Insurance?
Zero Dep Car Insurance - A zero depreciation add-on cover, also known as Nil Depreciation and Bumper-to-Bumper cover, is a popular car insurance add-on cover which is most commonly opted by car owners along with their comprehensive car insurance policy. It shifts the liability of bearing the depreciation of your car and its parts from you to the insurance company against a nominal premium. Sometimes, even a single claim helps you recover the entire zero depreciation cover’s premium amount.
A zero depreciation add-on covers all parts of your car at 100% except tyres, tubes and batteries which are covered at 50%. Generally, insurers allow 2 zero depreciation claims during the policy tenure, however, there are some insurers like IFFCO Tokio who allow you to make an unlimited number of zero depreciation claims during the tenure of your car insurance policy.
Who Should Opt for a Zero Depreciation Cover Add-on?
Here is the list of types of people who should buy the zero depreciation cover:
1. New Car Owners – New car owners who have purchased a new car should opt for this cover as depreciation starts since the car is sold. Hence, if a new car gets damaged, one might not get a good amount of claim without this add-on cover.
2. People who have Luxury Cars that have Expensive Parts – If you own a luxury car and it gets hurt due to an accident, it clears that you will have to spend a huge amount on its repair. Hence, a complete amount of claim can only help you to get your car repaired easily.
3. People Living in Accident-Prone Areas – People who reside in accident-prone areas are more likely to get indulged in accidents. Therefore, in order to receive a relevant amount of claim to get their cars repaired they should pick the zero-depreciation cover.
4. New Drivers - People who have just begun to drive a car or a new driver could take a little more time to become an expert and are more likely to get involved in a collision. Hence, this add-on cover is a must for such people.
5. Regular Car Users – Since accidents can bring any amount of damage, hence, it may not be easy for even old car owners to bear the cost of repair. Hence, if your car is eligible to be covered with the zero depreciation plan, you should opt for it.
Benefits of Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover
The benefits of zero depreciation car insurance cover are mentioned below:
1. Enhances Coverage: A zero depreciation add-on cover is not just beneficial for amateur drivers but also for experienced drivers. It offers additional protection to the policyholder from financial crises arising due to damages or losses to the car in an accident or mishap. Also, this cover reduces the expenses of policyholders to almost zero.
2. Repair Cost Considered Without Depreciated Value: Cost arising out of replacement or repair of car’s insured parts are resolved without taking into account the depreciated value.
3. Curbs Additional Expenses: Expenses arising out-of-pocket are limited as the cost of depreciation is not considered while going for claim settlement.
4. Save Money in the Long Run: With a zero depreciation cover, the premium amount becomes higher. However, in case of a mishap, the claim amount will not take into account the depreciation of the car hence giving you a higher compensation. This compensation amount is usually much higher than the premium paid for the add-on and
5. Greater Compensation: The limit of the claim you can receive is determined by the policy’s IDV. This is directly affected by the depreciation rate. Hence, with the zero depreciation add-on cover, you can make claims that do not take into account the depreciation rate of the car and receive a higher claim amount.
6. Greater Peace of Mind: Car insurance provides a layer of protection for the car owner and the car by compensating for losses and peace of mind. This is further strengthened by a zero-depreciation add-on cover as it negated the depreciation rate of the car.
Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Vs Comprehensive Coverage
The difference between zero depreciation cover and comprehensive cover can be understood with the help of the table below:
Comprehensive Car Insurance Cover
Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover
Low premium amount
High premium amount
Claim Settlement Amount
Low claim settlement amount due to depreciation estimated for all parts of the car.
High claim settlement amount since estimation of depreciation is not done.
Car Parts Repair
50% depreciation is considered on all repairing parts.
Zero depreciation add-on insurance provides cover for all the repairing costs.
The depreciation of the car increases with the passing age of the car.
Due to the add-on of zero depreciation, the depreciation will be considered as nil.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Impact of Zero Depreciation on Car Insurance
Following is the impact of zero depreciation/nil depreciation/bumper to bumper insurance.
Age of Car
Depreciation Rate Without Zero Depreciation Cover
Depreciation Rate With Zero Depreciation Cover
Under 6 months
6 months to 1 year
Above 10 years
Part of Car
Depreciation Rate Without Zero Depreciation Cover
Depreciation Rate With Zero Depreciation Cover
Paint work / Rubber / nylon / plastic parts, tires and tubes, batteries and airbags parts
Fibre glass parts
What is the Cost of A Zero Depreciation Cover? What Makes it Worth the Price?
In most cases, the zero depreciation cover costs approximately 15%of the car insurance premium. Though it may seem like a steep price for an add-on cover, it is worth the cost as the compensation amount will prove to be significantly higher than the premium.
Things to Keep in Mind About the Zero Depreciation Add-on Cover?
These are a few things to keep in mind when purchasing zero depreciation car insurance:
- This add-on is available only for cars that are less than five years old.
- The Zero-Depreciation Cover does not deduct the compulsory deductibles of the policy.
- There is a limited number of Zero depreciation claims within a year.
- Zero Depreciation cover and the bumper to bumper to cover offer the same coverage.
How is Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Premium Determined?
The premium for zero depreciation car insurance is determined on the basis of significant factors such as the age of the car, the model of the car and the location on which the policy buyer is based.
How to Get Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Online?
You can easily get zero depreciation car insurance cover online by visiting the website of InsuranceDekho. You can also initiate contact at 7551196989 to talk to InsuranceDekho experts to gain information about the zero depreciation car insurance purchase process and the documents required.
How to Renew Zero Dep Car Insurance Online?
If you want to renew your zero depreciation car insurance online along with your car insurance policy, visit the website of InsuranceDekho. Choose ‘Car Insurance’. Go to ‘Renewal’. Follow steps mentioned under ‘Online Car Insurance Renewal Process Through InsuranceDekho’.
Claim Settlement with Zero-Depreciation Car Insurance Policy
Claim settlement with zero depreciation car insurance add-on policy is smooth. When a claim under this cover is made, the policyholder gets 100% settlement of the cost of the repair of their vehicle. The claim would be easily settled without considering the depreciation factor which takes place due to normal wear and tear. The add-on cover is highly recommended for car owners who want their car claim settlement to be hassle-free and peaceful even if the vehicle has undergone damage or loss.
How Does Zero Depreciation Work?
Zero depreciation car insurance cover works by eliminating the cost of repair or replacement of car parts without considering the depreciated value.
What Do You Need to Know About Bumper to Bumper Insurance?
Bumper to bumper car insurance policy is the car insurance type that provides complete cover for the vehicle despite the depreciation of its various parts. Bumper to bumper insurance is also referred to as nil or zero depreciation insurance.
What Is Not Covered in a Zero Depreciation Addon?
Some of the key exclusions under the zero depreciation car add-on cover are cars more than 5 years old, maximum number of claims, vehicles with more than a specified number of kilometres covered, car engine damage due to oil leakage or water ingression, ear and tear to clutch plates, tyres, bearings, and more, cost of oil, etc.
What Are the Factors Affecting Your Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Premium?
Car’s age & model and location of the policyholder are the prime factors that affect the zero depreciation car insurance premium.
Why Is Zero Dep Car Insurance Better Than a Standalone Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
Zero depreciation car insurance is considered better than a standalone comprehensive car insurance policy as it enhances coverage, covers repair cost without depreciation, eliminates additional expense, provides better compensation, saves money in the long run and enhances your peace of mind.
Role of a Zero Depreciation Cover During Claim Settlement
The zero depreciation cover plays a significant role during the claim settlement process by granting full compensation for the vehicle damage/loss. It saves the policyholder from paying additional cost for the depreciation of car parts.
What Is the Additional Premium Payable for a Zero Depreciation Cover?
The additional premium amount for a zero depreciation car insurance cover varies with the car insurance company. It is advised to check the additional premium to be paid before buying the add-on cover.
When Is a Zero Depreciation Claim Null and Void?
A zero depreciation claim is considered as null and void if the person is driving the car without the driving license, if the person is under drugs or alcohol intoxication while driving, if both of the car keys are stolen or lost and car is stolen as well, an FIR is filed at the nearest police station even before the car is missing.
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
Car Insurance Add-ons
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Celerio Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes
- View Skoda Rapid Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra XUV700 Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Punch Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Fortuner Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Vitara Brezza Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Eeco Insurance Quotes
Learn about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
- Confused by the difference between the zero depreciation cover and a comprehensive car insurance plan? In this article, we will explain them to you.
- New to car insurance? Read this article to understand the basic difference between comprehensive plans and zero depreciation covers.
- Read this article to learn things about zero depreciation cover in car insurance.
- A comprehensive car insurance policy is a type of car insurance policy whereas, a zero depreciation cover is an add on cover. Read more.
- Wondering whether you require a zero depreciation cover? Read this article to find out.
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
FAQs about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
What is a zero depreciation insurance?
A zero depreciation insurance is also known as a nil depreciation insurance. It is a kind of insurance plan that provides total coverage without deducting the depreciation value of the car. It simply means that in case your insured vehicle gets damaged in the accident, the insurance provider would compensate you with the entire cost.
What is the best zero depreciation car insurance in India?
Zero depreciation is an add-on cover under which the claim amount is paid by the insurance company without any deduction of depreciation. Most of the car insurance companies allow up to 2 claims under zero depreciation add-on. However, IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company, Royal Sundaram General Insurance, and New India Assurance allow unlimited zero depreciation claims.
What is the significance of buying a zero depreciation add-on cover?
A zero depreciation add-on cover helps the policyholder in reducing the premium payable towards car insurance plan significantly.The expenses related to depreciation of car components and voluntary deductibles is paid by the policyholder during the claim settlement. However, with a zero depreciation add-on cover, a policyholder is entitled to receive the full sum assured amount. This means that depreciation on car components will not get deducted (except the tyres and tubes). It is highly recommended for all the new car owners to buy a zero depreciation add-on cover.
What is IDV or Insured Declared Value in zero depreciation add-on cover?
Insured declared value is basically the sum assured value that the insured individual would receive in case of complete loss or theft of the insured vehicle. It simply refers to the present market value of the insured car after subtracting the registration cost and depreciation value of the car components.
Can I buy a zero depreciation add-on cover after 5 years?
This depends from insurance provider to insurance provider. Generally, insurance companies allow zero depreciation cover for new cars that are not more than 5 years old. However, in case your car is more than 5 years old, you should talk to your insurance provider for the next suitable course of action. Moreover, there are certain insurance companies that offer zero depreciation cover for cars that are more than 5 years old but only through offline sources.
How many times am I allowed to make claims for a zero depreciation car insurance plan?
Although, a zero depreciation cover is extremely beneficial for new cars yet note that it may limit the number of claims you are eligible to make in a year. This is because your vehicle gets depreciated once in a year. It simply means that without this add-on cover, your insurance provider may consider depreciation. However, it is advised to drive safely and prevent yourself from making any unnecessary claims. Therefore, most of the insurance companies have set a specific limit from the number of times a claim can be raised. So, before purchasing the cover, consult with your insurance company regarding the same.
What factors are responsible for affecting premium paid for zero depreciation car insurance?
The three main factors that affect the premium paid towards your zero depreciation car insurance policy includes car’s Age, car’s Model and location in which you are based.
What is the difference between zero depreciation and comprehensive car insurance?
The main difference is that comprehensive car insurance with zero depreciation is slightly expensive than the standard car insurance policy without zero depreciation. Moreover, the claim amount is higher in the case of comprehensive car insurance with zero depreciation since there is no deduction of depreciation. Click on zero-depreciation cover-versus-comprehensive to know the distinction between the two.
Is it true that zero depreciation cover is more applicable only to new cars?
Generally, a policyholder can avail zero depreciation cover only for the new cars. For this the insurance providers set a certain age limit, wherein if your car happens to cross the age limit specified by the insurer, then you won’t be allowed to buy zero depreciation cover for your car.
Car Insurance News
- How To Register Car Insurance Claim With Navi Gene...
Navi General Insurance has made a name for itself in the mar...07 December 2021
- How To Get A Duplicate Copy Of Your Bharti AXA Car...
If you lose your Bharti AXA car insurance policy document by...07 December 2021
- How To Prevent Rejection Of Reliance Car Insurance...
Read this article to learn the most frequent reasons why you...06 December 2021
- Tips To Reduce Your TATA AIG Car Insurance Premium
Read this article to find a few tips that can help you save ...06 December 2021
- Why Royal Sundaram Can Reject Your Car Insurance C...
Read the article to know about the reasons for which Royal S...04 December 2021
- How To Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Read this article to know how to check SBI General Insurance...25 October 2021
- Difference Between Third Party and Comprehensive C...
Read on to know about the difference between Third Party and...12 October 2021
- How To Claim Car Insurance After an Accident from ...
Read this article to know how to claim car insurance after a...22 October 2021
- Everything About Roadside Assistance Cover By Edel...
Go through this article to take a note of the things roadsid...13 October 2021
- Important Features And Benefits Of SBI Car Insuran...
There are many features and benefits of SBI car insurance pl...15 October 2021