- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
National Car Insurance Claim
A car insurance claim is a procedure where insurers are liable to pay the policyholders for the damages incurred by or due to their cars. The claim amount and coverage is based on the type of the policy and sum insured of the policy. The National General Insurance provides cashless and reimbursement claim settlement procedures. The insurer offers its customers a hassle-free claim process with 78.52% of claim settlement ratio in FY 2017-18.
Documents Required for Making A Car Insurance Claim
- Original driving licence
- Car’s Registration Certificate (RC)
- Original bills of repairs (in case of reimbursement)
- Filled and duly signed claim form
- Copy of the police complaint (FIR), if applicable.
In addition to these, the insurance provider can ask to produce additional documents as per the requirement.
How To Make A Cashless Car Insurance Claim With National General Insurance
Here are the steps to file a cashless car insurance claim with National General Insurance:
Step 1: Intimate the insurance provider
To request a claim, it is required to convey to the customer care team of National General Insurance about the accident of the insured’s car by dialing the toll-free number 1800 200 7710. The company will register your claim and will provide you with a claim registration number.
Step 2: Inspection of the damaged car
The National General Insurance will arrange an inspection and send a surveyor to examine the extent of damage incurred by the insured's car. You will be required to submit the required documents sought by the surveyor for inspection.
Step 3: Submission of report and documents
According to terms and conditions of the terms and conditions, the surveyor will share a report based on the inspection. The insurer will next verify its liability and notify the insured of the deductibles.
Step 4: Repair and claim settlement
After getting the confirmation from the National General Insurance, you can take your car to their network garages for repairs. You just need to pay for your liability amount of deductibles there and the rest will be taken care of by the insurance provider.
How To Make A Reimbursement Claim With National General Insurance
If you could not take your car to a car garage registered under the cashless garages of National General Insurance, then you can take it to any garage for repair. In such a case, you will be required to file a reimbursement claim with the insurance company.
Step 1: Contact the insurance provider
Connect with the National General Insurance Plan and convey to them about the accident at the toll-free number 1800 200 7710 and request the representative to start the reimbursement claim settlement process. The National General Insurance will reach back to you with a claim reference number and information of the documents required to be submitted and additional steps to be followed.
Stage 2: Survey of Your Car and Documentation
The insurance company will send a surveyor to examine your car. After that, you can take your car to a garage of your choice for repair. At this stage, submit the complete claim form as well as any documents required by the surveyor.
Step 3: Get Your Car Repaired
After getting a go ahead from the surveyor, get your car towed to the garage of your choice and pay for the repairs.
Step 4: File for Reimbursement
Submit the required documents to the insurance company to begin the reimbursement process. After deducting the applicable deductibles and depreciation, the insurer will pay you for the repairs up to the claim amount.
Common Claim Rejection Reasons
Here are some of the common reasons due to which a claim can get rejected:
- Submission of incomplete claim form
- Accident of insured’s car due to careless or rash driving
- Accident of insured’s car while using it for some illegal activities
- Accident of insured’s car due to the influence of alcohol on the driver
- Wrong or partial information submitted while purchasing the policy
- Mismatch of details between the claim form and submitted documents
- If there is a delay in intimating the insurance provider about the accident
- When the driver is without a valid driving licence and RC during the accident.
National No Claim Bonus
In a bid to offer a great car insurance deal, National General Insurance provides a No Claim Bonus (NCB) to its policyholders for making no claim in a policy year.Every policyholder should be aware of the NCB benefit during the plan purchase in order to get the most out of their car insurance plan.If driving safely and raising no claim in a policy year can lower a policyholder's next year’s policy premium, it should be termed as a great offer. The benefit is offered in terms of discount that ranges between 20% to 50% as with every claim-free year the discount rate accumulates.
This bonus is applicable only on the premium of standalone own-damage car insurance plan or own-damage premium component of a comprehensive car insurance policy, which is offered at the time of policy renewal. Hence, it is crucial to renew your policy timely to hold the NCB benefit. It is a policyholder benefit, not a vehicle benefit, therefore you can retain it by transferring it to your new car or new car insurance policy. The best way to keep this benefit is to either accept minor car damage or get an add-on cover that protects NCB.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore National Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying National Car Insurance
- Read this article to know the top ways to renew the National car insurance policy.
- Read this article to know the advantages of the National Comprehensive Car Insurance policy.
- The lack of adequate knowledge of insurance plans leaves policy buyers confused. Particularly when it comes to insurance for your car.
- What to do after a car accident? Let's learn do’s and don'ts after a car accident.
- Looking for a national insurance policy copy download? Know the step by step process of downloading a national insurance policy status.
National Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
223 National Cashless Garages in India
National Car Insurance Claim FAQs
What is No Claim Bonus (NCB) in a car insurance policy?
The No-Claim Bonus (NCB) is a specific discount or bonus, which is offered by the insurance provider to reward its customers for not requesting any claim during a policy period. The NCB discount is applicable on the own-damage premium of your policy at the time of renewal.
I have a comprehensive car insurance policy with zero depreciation cover. Do I need to pay anything during the claim settlement?
With zero depreciation coverage, you are exempted from paying the default depreciation applicable on your car and its parts except for tyres, tubes and batteries which are covered for depreciation at 50%. However, you will be required to pay for the compulsory and voluntary deductibles, if opted for.
How much bonus can I earn by not making any claim in a policy year or years?
You can earn the No Claim Bonus (NCB) discount from 20 % to 50 % on the own damage policy premium depending on the number of claim-free years.
In what circumstances can I request for a claim under my comprehensive car insurance policy?
You can request for a claim if any damage is incurred by your car due to a natural or man-made calamity such as:
- Burglary or theft
- Riot and strike
- Terrorist Act
- Fire, explosion, or lightning
- Earthquakes, floods, typhoons, hailstorms, etc.
- Rockslide or landslide incidents
- Accidental external means and so on.
Is lodging an FIR mandatory for requesting a claim in the case of theft?Yes, lodging an FIR immediately with police is compulsory. You also need to submit a copy of it to the National General Insurance Company.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- Renewal of Vehicle Insurance in 5 Easy Steps
Are you thinking of renewing your insurance policy? In 5 sim...27 May 2022
- Is It Possible To Include Your GST Number In Your...
Is it possible to include your GST number in your car insura...27 May 2022
- Everything You Need to Know About Car Insurance's...
Here's everything you need to know about vehicle insurance'...26 May 2022
- Why Should You Purchase Long-Term Car Insurance?
Long-term or multi-year car insurance policies allow policyh...26 May 2022
- What You Should Know About Total Loss Car Insuranc...
Continue reading to learn about total loss car insurance cla...25 May 2022
- The Advantages of Buying HDFC ERGO Car Insurance O...
In the market, HDFC ERGO offers a wide range of products.04 April 2022
- What Is IDV and How Does It Work?
The IDV Calculator is an online tool that determines the mar...30 March 2022
- Some Car Insurance Add-On Covers to Think About
Car insurance add-ons are available from one insurer to the ...02 April 2022
- CNG Kit Installation: Everything You Need to Know
Before you install a CNG kit in your vehicle, there are seve...31 March 2022
- IDV In Automobile Insurance: The Fundamentals
Purchasing auto insurance is a long-term commitment.07 April 2022