- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Claim
Purchase of a car insurance policy entitles you to file claims for any damage/loss/accident of your insured vehicle with the insurer. The compensation provided in the settlement of claim depends on your vehicle’s IDV, extent of damage/loss and the type of policy taken by you. Filing of a car insurance claim settlement process with Royal Sundaram is a quick and easy process. The company offers both cashless claim settlements with more than 3,300 authorised garages/bodyshops as well as reimbursement claim settlements with other garages.
List of Documents Required During Claim Settlement
The documents that you need to submit during the claim settlement process are as follows:
- Insurance policy documents
- A duly filled and signed claim form.
- A copy of PAN Card (if the claim amount is more than Rs. 1 lakh).
- Self-attested photocopy of the RC of the vehicle.
- Self-attested photocopy of the driving license of the driver at the time of accident.
- FIR in case of serious injury/death of a third party and theft of the car.
- Duly signed Satisfaction Voucher (SV) or Discharge Voucher (DV)
How To Make Royal Sundaram Cashless Car Insurance Claim?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to make a cashless claim settlement with Royal Sundaram after an accident/loss/damage of your vehicle.
Step 1: Inform the Insurer
Inform Royal Sundaram immediately after an accident/loss/damage of your insured vehicle. You can inform Royal Sundaram by calling on their claim intimation hotline 1800 568 9999 or by sending an SMS <MOTORCLAIM> to 567675.
You can alternatively use Royal Sundaram’s Mobile App m-Chatra for the intimation.
Step 2: Lodge FIR (if applicable)
Lodge an FIR at the nearest police station in the case of serious injury or death of a third party. Keep a copy of the FIR as you need to submit it at the time of claim settlement.
Step 3: Tow Your Car
Ask the insurer to arrange towing service to take your car to the nearest cashless workshop or arrange a towing service yourself. The towing service provided by the insurer is chargeable as per the distance towed.
Step 4: Survey And Documentation
The company will send a surveyor to inspect the damage and to complete the documentation process for settling the claim of your insured vehicle.
Step 5: Repair And Claim Settlement
Your car will be repaired at the workshop and the company will disburse the claim amount directly to the garage after factoring the deductibles and depreciation (if not opted for the zero depreciation add-on cover).
How To Make Royal Sundaram Reimbursement Car Insurance Claim?
If you are unable to locate a cashless workshop nearby, file a reimbursement claim by following the steps mentioned below.
Step 1: Inform Royal Sundaram
Contact the insurer and inform about the accident/loss/damage through the claim intimation hotline 18005689999 or by sending an SMS <MOTORCLAIM> to 567675. Keep policy details, contact details and details regarding the loss with you.
Step 2: Medical Help and FIR
Immediately seek medical attention if any person suffers serious injuries in the accident/damage. Also, lodge an FIR at the local police station in case of theft and serious injuries/death of anybody.
Step 3: Estimate Cost of Repairs
Get an estimated cost of repairs and submit it to the company. The company will also send a surveyor, who will inspect the car for the extent of damages.
Step 4: Repair And Payment
Repair your car at the garage and pay the entire cost of repairs. Submit all the original bills along with necessary documents to the company.
Step 5: Reimbursement
Post completion of all formalities, Royal Sundaram will sanction the final claim amount immediately. If the amount exceeds Rs 1 lakh, you will have to submit a copy of your PAN Card along with a recent passport photo.
Common Car Insurance Claim Rejection Reasons
The company can reject a claim because of the following reasons:
- Delay in informing the company about the accident.
- False information submitted during claim settlement.
- Repair made before a survey of the damaged insured vehicle.
- Accident due to intoxication of the driver or careless driving.
- Driving without a driving licence and RC (Registration Certificate).
- Lapsed insurance policy because of non-renewal.
- Mismatch of personal details.
Royal Sundaram No Claim Bonus
To secure a car with an insurance policy is good but paying a premium every year for it could become tedious for some. In such a situation, a No Claim Bonus (NCB) can help a lot of policyholders of car insurance. The NCB is a reward given to policyholders by insurance companies for not filing any claim in a policy year. The benefit is offered in terms of a discount which is applied to reduce the standalone own-damage car insurance premium or own-damage component of a comprehensive car insurance for the next year. The NCB begins at 20% and can go up to a maximum of 50% with consecutive claim-free years.
The benefit of NCB belongs to the policyholder and not the insured car, hence, policyholders can transfer the NCB while changing their cars or switching to another car insurance company. However, it is recommended to avoid raising any claim in a policy year or to bear minor damage expenses to secure the NCB benefit, but it is not always possible for everyone. However, in order to save your accumulated NCB despite making a claim, you can opt for a NCB protector add-on cover, which helps you save your bonus even if you make a car insurance claim.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
- Read this article to know how to buy car insurance from Royal Sundaram.
- Is your car insurance policy going to expire? Look at smart tips that you should know while renewing a car insurance policy online. Learn more.
- Explore factors that determine car insurance premium. Learn how to lower your car insurance costs. Knowing what affects your rate can help you.
- On the basis of Health Insurance Claim settlement ratio, here are the top car insurance companies which are best for availing a personal accident.
- A car insurance plan comes with a fixed validity period after which it you need to get it renewed to keep your car insured. You can get it renewed eit
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Claim FAQs
How can I locate the nearest network garage for cashless claim settlement?Royal Sundaram has a network of more than 3,300 cashless garages. You can locate the nearest garage on Royal Sundaram’s website by providing your State, City and Car manufacturer’s name.
How much do I need to pay during claim settlement?In case of cashless claim settlement, you need to pay only your part of liability such as voluntary and involuntary deductible, depreciation cost (if you haven’t availed zero depreciation add-on cover) and the difference between the repair cost and the Insured Sum. On the other hand, in case of reimbursement claim settlement, you need to pay the entire cost of repairs at the garage but the company will reimburse you with its part of liabilities as soon as possible.
What if someone else was driving my car when the accident occurred?If someone else such as a hired driver or anyone has committed an accident while driving your car, you will still be entitled to file a claim. This is because a car insurance policy insures a car and not the driver.
How can I get higher claim amounts?You can entitle yourself for higher claim amounts by purchase add-on covers such as Zero Depreciation, Engine Protection, etc. These add-ons extend the coverage of your comprehensive policy thereby reducing your liability.
How can I get in touch with the Emergency Assistant of Royal Sundaram General Insurance?
You can get in touch with the Emergency Assistant of Royal Sundaram by dialling 1860-425-0000.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- Is Third Party Insurance Enough For Car?
There is a lot of confusion about whether the third party in...03 October 2022
- How To Check Car Insurance Expiry Date?
Checking the status and expiry date of your car insurance ca...30 September 2022
- How To Claim Insurance For Car Accidents In India?
Claiming insurance for car accidents can be a little bit ove...28 September 2022
- What Is KP In Car Insurance?
Learn more about KP in car insurance.26 September 2022
- Can I Claim Insurance For Car Scratches In India?
Know all about how to claim insurance for car scratches in I...19 August 2022
- Is It Mandatory To File An Fir Before Claiming For...
In case of any car accident, the major question is if an FIR...16 August 2022
- Which is Better: Acko Or Hdfc Ergo?
There are several types of car insurance plans available in...22 August 2022
- Everything You Need to Know About Personal Acciden...
Here's all you need to know about the required personal acci...05 August 2022