Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Claim
The purpose of buying any kind of insurance is incomplete if you are not aware of the company’s claim process. Be it the loss arising from theft or accident, it is important to buy a car insurance policy that not only secures the interests of the third party involved in the accident but also compensates you adequately for the damages. The claim settlement process is similar across most insurance companies in India though it is important that you remain aware of your insurer’s rules governing the claim process.
How to file a car insurance reimbursement claim?
Though the cashless claim settlement is easy and hassle-free, you may opt for claim reimbursement too if required. To file a car reimbursement claim you need to ensure the following:
- Register the details of your car and the accident to the toll-free customer care number
- You may also submit your details to the email-id given on the company’s site
- Take the car to a nearby garage for repairs
- Post submission of details, the company gives its policyholders a registration number corresponding to which they can track the progress of their claims made
- Submit necessary documents sought by the company’s surveyor for inspection
- After the details are verified, the insurance company initiates the claim settlement process and reimburses the claim settlement amount
Documents required for cashless and reimbursement claims.
For smooth and hassle-free car insurance claim, the policyholder is required to submit the following documents:
1) Claim form downloaded from the insurer’s website and signed by the policyholder
2) The copy of the vehicle’s Registration Certificate (RC) along with the original keys
3) A copy of the policyholder’s driving license
4) Original car insurance policy document
5) Original copy of the FIR in the event of theft
6) ID Proofs including a copy of the PAN Card and driving license (DL) of the insured.
Claim Rejection Reasons
Buying a car insurance policy does not guarantee that the claim amount you seek will not be rejected. In fact, there may be a host of reasons because for which your insurer may reject your claim. These include:
- Your insurance policy had lapsed at the time of the accident
- Unnecessary delay in reporting to the insurance company about the accident
- You do not have a valid driving license
- You were driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- You have been using the car to carry out illegal activities
- You did not intimate the insurer before carrying out any repairs
- You bought the policy in someone else’s name
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Claim Process
Contact the customer careContact the customer care centre of the insurer and report immediately about the accident
Provide InformationInform about the registration number of the car involved in the accident
Lodge an FIRLodge an FIR at the nearest police station in the event of damages or physical injuries to any third party involved in the accident
Do not move your vehicleDo not move your vehicle until the surveyor from the insurance company reaches the accident spot to inspect the damages
Surveyor surveysThe surveyor after talking to the network garage owner submits an estimate to the insurance company
Verification of the details submittedPost vehicle repair and verification of the details submitted, the insurance company will make the necessary payment to the network garage
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance User Reviews
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Claim FAQs
What is the compulsory deductible that I have to pay during the claim process?Compulsory deductible, also called the compulsory excess, is the amount of loss that you have to bear from your pocket for every claim made.
Will I be able to make a claim despite having lost the insurance policy documents?You may always apply for a duplicate policy document in case you have lost the original ones. Simply log on to our website with your ID and password and we will send you the soft copy of the document to your email id.
Is it necessary to inform my insurer about any modifications to my car?Be it any kind of modification including fitting additional devices or replacing the existing ones, it is important to keep your insurer informed about the same. Even, if you are planning to make a shift from the CNG to the PNG or vice versa, update your insurance company about the modifications to avoid claim rejections, as and when required.
What is the meaning of the term “Constructive Total Loss” in any car insurance policy?As per the guidelines in the Motor Vehicle Act, constructive total loss is the amount of damage caused to the vehicle during any accident or loss due to theft in which the amount spent on the repairs of damaged parts is more than 75 per cent of the Insured Declared Value (IDV) mentioned in the policy.
Can I renew my car insurance policy online?Policyholders can apply for renewal of their car insurance policy online starting 60 days prior to the date on which your policy expires. If your car insurance policy has already expired, the insurance company will send an authorised surveyor to inspect the vehicle before issuing the policy. Post verification of the details submitted, the insurance company will issue a new policy to the customer.