- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
New India Car Insurance Claim
A car insurance policyholder is entitled to receive a claim as compensation for damages incurred in an accident. A ‘claim’ is a formal request by a policyholder asking the insurer to pay the claim amount as per policy. Initiating the claim settlement process can be done in two ways, namely cashless claim settlement and reimbursement claim. Let’s know how both processes are executed.
List of Documents Required During Claim Settlement
Following documents are required at the time of settling a car insurance claim:
- Driving license
- Estimate of repairs
- Copy of claim intimation
- Registration certificate of vehicle
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Police Panchanama/FIR (if needed)
- Xerox copy of policy and premium receipt
- Registration Certificate of insured Vehicle
- Any other necessary documents required fit for the circumstances.
- Stamped receipt, Bills and Cash Memo of repairs, verification of road tax.
How To Make New India Cashless Car Insurance Claim?
New India General Insurance has formulated simple steps to settle the claims of the policyholders:
Step 1: Claim Intimation
Inform the company about the accident/theft as soon as possible. Call the toll-free number and reach a New India Assurance representative or select the ‘intimate a claim’ option present on the homepage. Intimate the claim and furnish the company with all details available with you at that time.
Step 2: Registration of Claim
The customer support will reach out and provide the policyholder with their claim reference number and other essential details and instructions.
Step 3: Arrangement Of A Surveyor By The Company
After the claim has been successfully registered, New India Assurance will assign a surveyor to assess the damage and loss caused by the accident.
Step 4: Survey And Submission Of Documents
After the surveyor assesses the damages sustained in the accident. Policyholders will be required to furnish all the necessary documents.
Step 5: Repair And Final Claim Settlement
Policyholders can avail easy and convenient cashless claim services at preferred workshops. New India Assurance will bear the towing charges up to Rs.1500. After the required documents have been submitted, the company will initiate the claim instantly, it will directly pay the repair costs to the garage and the policyholder can pick up the repaired vehicle back after paying the necessary deductibles.
How To Make New India Reimbursement Car Insurance Claim?
The policyholder can register a reimbursement claim if he cannot find a network garage nearby or wish to repair it in any other garage. A reimbursement claim ensures compensation for the repair expenses. The reimbursement claim procedure has been discussed below:
Step 1: Inform the insurer
Inform company about accident/theft and furnish them with all details available with you at that time along with a properly filled claim form. Lodge an F.I.R if necessary.
Step 2: Registration of claim
You will be given a claim reference number and a New India Assurance representative will reach out to you for further details and instructions.
Step 3: Arrangement Of A Loss Assessor By The Company
A surveyor will be assigned to assess the damage/loss caused by the accident. Submit the duly filled and signed claim form, FIR and all relevant documents to the company for verification.
Step 4: Towing And Repair of the vehicle
New India Assurance free towing facilities up to Rs.1,500. The policyholder can pick any garage of their choice but they will have to furnish all the payment receipts and bills to the company in order to get the reimbursement.
Step 5: Final Reimbursement
After submission of report by the surveyor and completion of all documentation, the company will initiate the claim instantly. The amount paid by the policyholder to the garage will soon be reimbursed by the company.
Common New India Car Insurance Claim Rejection Reasons
New India General Insurance has a set of specific conditions for the approval of the claim. The claim is rejected by the insurance company under the following circumstances:
- New India Assurance will not be liable to sanction any claim amount if the policy had been expired before the accident.
- If there No proof of the accident and no ample evidence to prove the occurrence of the accident, then the company will not pay the claim amount.
- Accident occurred due to the negligence of the first person i.e policyholder or any other driver of the insured vehicle will not be entertained and no claim amount will be offered to them.
- Providing false information to the company like the wrong date of registration of the vehicle, exaggeration of the damages sustained while making a policy claim will ultimately result in the claim being rejected by the company.
New India No Claim Bonus
New India General Insurance gives a No Claim Bonus (NCB) as a token of reward to its policyholders for not raising any car insurance claim in a policy year. This benefit is crucial in lessening the premium cost for the next year’s car insurance policy. No Claim Bonus discounts are available on renewal of policy which ranges from 20% to 50% based on the type of vehicle and the number of years for which no claim has been made. With every claim free year, the discount of NCB benefit accumulated and even a small claim request in a policy year can terminate it.
The No Claim Bonus is applicable only on the standalone own-damage car insurance policy and on the own-damage premium component of a comprehensive car insurance policy. To keep this benefit, you should renew your car insurance policy on time otherwise the NCB could become null and void. Also, this bonus is transferable to secure another car or to any other car insurance plan as it is offered to policyholders and not the insurance vehicle. However, even a small claim can terminate this benefit, so you should either try to bear minor damages on your own or purchase an add-on cover to protect your earned NCB benefit even after making a claim.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying New India Car Insurance
- This article debunks the top five myths regarding vehicle insurance.
- Read this article to know why New India is an ideal choice for purchasing car insurance.
- Read this article to understand how modifying your car can affect your New India Car Insurance Policy.
- What is zero depreciation cover? What are the benefits of zero depreciation add on cover? Read along to know more about zero depreciation insurance.
- What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into the details of this feature of cashless insurance.
New India Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
New India Assurance Claim FAQs
Who decides the claim amount in case of an accident where a third-party suffered loss?
The claim amount is evaluated and decided by the court of law. However, New India Assurance car insurance provides unlimited coverage in case of death or injury (depending on the extent and severity of the injury sustained) and compensates third property damage expenses up tp Rs.7,50,000.
What amount will I have to bear during a claim settlement?
You will need to pay compulsory excess, liabilities on your part, also known as deductibles. The surveyor will report to the rest of the evaluated expenses to the company for further processing of the claim settlement process.
Do I need to pay anything at the garage for my car’s repair?
Yes, you need to pay your part of liability, while the company pays the rest. Moreover, in case of reimbursement claim settlement, you need to pay the entire amount for the time being but the company will reimburse its part later.
How much time does it take for claim settlement?
New India Assurance generally settles the claim instantly after completion of all formalities. However, in case of reimbursement claim settlement, the process may be extended for a few more days.
What if my car is damaged in a riot or civil unrest?
New India comprehensive car insurance policy covers damage imparted on the vehicle in a riot and civil unrest.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- Can I Claim Insurance for Car Scratches in India?
Despite the fact that you are allowed to make a claim for Ca...29 June 2022
- What Factors Affect the Cost of SUV and Sedan Car ...
Learn about the factors that affects the cost of SUV and sed...29 June 2022
- What Is The Most Effective Way To Check Your Car I...
How Do You Check Your Car Insurance Details Using Your Regis...28 June 2022
- Car Insurance: 10 Tips That Can Save Money
How to Save Money on Car Insurance. Read this article to dis...28 June 2022
- The Documents You'll Need to File a Car Insurance ...
Documents Required for Filing a Car Insurance Claim Continue...27 June 2022
- How Do I Get an Online Car Pollution Certificate?
The Pollution Under Control Certificate, or PUC certificate,...16 May 2022
- 10 Ways To Save Money On Car Insurance
Let’s discuss some tricks on how to get the best deal on you...06 May 2022
- What Effects Can Modifications Have on Your Digit ...
Read this article to discover more about the factors that de...05 May 2022
- Reasons to Renew Your Car Insurance Policy
The Benefits of Renewing Your Car Insurance Policy on Time30 April 2022
- What is a Cashless Car Insurance Policy, And How D...
The cashless auto insurance function is quite helpful in the...14 May 2022