- Ranked as one of the top 5 best Indian startups in 2018 by LinkedIn.
- Only Indian company to feature in the top 250 Global Fintechs list by CB Insights.
- Backed by world’s well-known insurer Fairfax Financials
- 24*7 responsive customer service facility available even on National holidays
Digit Car Insurance Claim
A claim refers to the right of a policyholder which allows him/her to get compensated for the expenses incurred by him/her for his/her insured car due to a mishap such as a road accident or theft. Digit General Insurance offers an easy and hassle-free process which allows its policyholders to get their car insurance claims settled instantly.
Digit Car Insurance offers both cashless claims as well as reimbursement claims. You can avail the facility of a cashless claim at more than 1,000 garages pan India which are associated with Digit General Insurance.
Documents Required For Digit Car Insurance Claim Settlement
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- A copy of the vehicle’s Registration Certificate
- Copy of driver's licence
- A copy of the first two pages of your policy documentation.
- A copy of the FIR (if needed)
- An estimate of the expenses.
- Invoice and receipts in case of reimbursement
How To Make A Cashless Digit Car Insurance Claim
Step 1: Intimation Of Claim
It is essential to inform the insurer about the accident or the covered event/uncertainty as soon as possible. All you need to do is call at the 24*7 responsive toll-free number 1800-258-5956, and give the Digit representative all the information you have. No forms will be required to be filled at the moment.
Step 2: Acceptance Of Claim Request And Self Inspection Of Vehicle
Digit is known for its quick claim initiation. As soon as you intimate the claim, a self-inspection link will be sent to your registered mobile number. You will be required to follow the steps and instruction and shoot the damages sustained by the vehicle with the help of your smartphone.
Step 3: Assessment And Documentation
The team at Digit will assess the loss and damage and reach out to you with the estimation of the expenses and claim amount.
Step 4: Repair And Final Claim Settlement
Digit policyholders have the liberty to avail hassle-free cashless workshop services from over 1,000 associated garages. The company will directly pay the entitled claim amount and the insurer can take back the car after paying the necessary deductibles.
How To Make Reimbursement Digit Car Insurance Claim
Step 1: Claim Intimation
Policyholders must inform the insurer about the accident or the covered event/uncertainty immediately. Simply call at the 24*7 responsive toll-free number 1800-258-5956, and furnish the Digit representative with all the details known to you about the accident. You will not be required to fill any form at the moment.
Step 2: Self Inspection Of Vehicle
Digit does not wish to waste any time in sending manual surveyors and so it will send you a self-inspection link as soon as the claim has been initiated. All you need to do is shoot the damage sustained by your vehicle from your smartphone in a simple step-by-step process.
Step 3: Assessment And Documentation
Digit will look into the sent shots sent by you and will assess the damage. The team at Digit will get back at you as soon as they have an estimate.
Step 4: Repair And Final Reimbursement
Digit policyholders have the liberty to choose any workshop services of their preference to get the damage repaired. The company will Reimburse the entitled claim amount after the insured policyholder has furnished all the invoices and receipts to them. The insured can take back the vehicle after paying the necessary deductibles.
Common Claim Rejection Reasons
- When the accident occurred while the driver was under the influence of intoxicants.
- When the car was being driven in the absence of a valid license-holder present, by a novice driver with a learner’s license.
- When false evidence was provided.
- When there is no evidence to prove the occurrence of the accident.
- Damage due to mindful negligence on the part of the driver.
- Non-accidental damage
- The claim was not filed immediately
Explore Digit Car Insurance
Digit Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
144 Digit Cashless Garages in India
Digit Car Insurance Claim FAQs
How can I locate a cashless garage associated with Digit?
Navigate to the official website. You will be needed to scroll down the homepage and click on ‘Find Garages’ option located under the heading of ‘Services’. On the next page, select the city and give the Manufacturer name. Then Click on ‘Find Garage’, a list of the associated workshops will appear on your screen.
What additional things do I need to furnish to the company for claim settlement in case of theft of the insured vehicle?
Apart from the necessary documents, you will be required to submit the entire set of vehicle keys, the Final Report – No Trace Report for the lost vehicle, Indemnity Bond as well as the NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the financer in case of theft of the vehicle.
How long will it take to process the final claim settlement?
90.4% of the motor claims filed in Digit are settled are within 30 days. You can also check for the claim settlement turn around time, as that will help to give you an insight on how fast the claims are being processed and settled by the insurer.
Why to Buy Car Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Car Insurance News
- Reasons Why You Need Car Insurance For Autonomous ...
Autonomous vehicles may get you excited with each new car be...17 August 2020
- Top Car Insurance Companies Providing Personal Acc...
On the basis of Health Insurance Claim settlement ratio, her...30 April 2020
- Cashless Car Insurance Policy Usefulness
What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into t...27 April 2020
- Types of Car Insurance Policies in India
Let’s explore about car insurance policy types in India. Aft...24 April 2020
- Return to Invoice Add-On Cover For Car Insurance
Explore return to invoice add-on cover in Car Insurance in ...23 April 2020
- Know What is NCB in Car Insurance Online India
All You Need To Know About No Claim Bonus On Car Insurance O...22 April 2020