- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
COCO by DHFL Car Insurance Claim
By opting for a car insurance policy, a policyholder can request claims with their insurance providers to seek compensation or reimbursement for damages or losses incurred by them due to their car depending on the coverage of the plan. The claim amount is based on the type and the sum insured of the car insurance policy. DHFL General Insurance Company is equipped with hassle-free claim settlement procedure with a network of more than 800 cashless garages.
Documents Required for Making A Car Insurance Claim
- Original driving licence
- Car’s Registration Certificate (RC)
- Original bills of repairs (in case of reimbursement)
- Filled and duly signed claim form
- Copy of the police complaint (FIR), if applicable.
In addition to these, the insurance provider can ask to produce additional documents as per the requirement.
How To Make A Cashless Car Insurance Claim With DHFL General Insurance
Following are the steps to request a cashless car insurance claim with DHFL General Insurance:
Step 1: Contact DHFL General Insurance
To file a claim, it is imperative to get in touch with the support staff of DHFL General Insurance and convey them about the loss or accident of the insured’s car. They can be contacted at the toll-free number 1800 123 0004 or by sending an email at email@example.com. A policyholder can also reach them through the customer portal on the COCO By NAVI General Insurance or by using DHFL’s mobile app or by directly walking into the branch. The customer care team will register the request and will provide a claim registration number.
Step 2: Damaged car’s inspection
The DHFL General Insurance will organise an inspection. For this, a surveyor will be sent by the company to analyse the degree of damage sustained to the insured's car. During the inspection, the insured individual will be required to produce the necessary documents asked by the surveyor.
Step 3: Submission of report and documents
After the inspection process, the surveyor will frame and forward a report to DHFL General Insurance in compliance with their terms and conditions. Based on the report, the insurance provider will determine its coverage or liability and intimate the insured individual about the deductibles applicable.
Step 4: Repair and claim settlement
After receiving the confirmation from the DHFL General Insurance Company, the car can be taken to the network garages for repair purposes by the insured. After the repair, the insured is required to pay only for the deductibles at the garage, while the rest of the expenses are to be managed by the insurer.
How To Make A Reimbursement Claim With DHFL General Insurance
If the insured’s car could not reach any network garage of DHFL General Insurance, then it can be taken to any other garage for repair. In such situations, a claim for reimbursement is needed to be filed with the insurance provider.
Step 1: Connect with the insurer
Contact the DHFL General Insurance Company and make them aware of the accident at the toll-free number 1800 123 0004 and appeal the representative to initiate the claim settlement procedure for reimbursement. After this, someone from the insurer’s end will revert with the claim reference number to inform about the steps to be followed and documents to be submitted.
Stage 2: Survey and documentation
The insurer will send a surveyor for the examination of the insured’s car. The insured person has to submit the filled claim form as well as necessary documents asked by the surveyor. Only after this, the car is allowed to be repaired at a garage.
Step 3: Get the car repaired
After receiving the thumbs up from the surveyor, the insured can take the car to any garage, get it repaired and make the payment.
Step 4: File For reimbursement
To seek reimbursement, the insured person is required to share the required documents with the insurance providing company. Once the reimbursement is filed, the insurer will repay for all the expenses for repairs after considering the applicable depreciation and deductibles.
Common Claim Rejection Reasons
Following are the common reasons due to which a car insurance claim can get rejected:
- The submitted claim form is partially or wrongly filled
- Accident of insured’s car due to careless or rash driving
- Accident of insured’s car while using it for some illegal activities
- Accident of insured’s car due to the influence of alcohol on the driver
- Submission of wrong or partial information during the policy purchase
- If the intimation to the insurance provider about the accident is delayed
- Mismatch of information between the claim form and submitted documents
- When the driver does not hold any valid RC or driving licence during the accident.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Dhfl Car Insurance
- Do I need insurance for a stored car? Let’s read about some reasons why it is advisable to have your car insured even when it is in storage.
- Have tinted glass? Pay fine to RTO traffic police. You should know RTO traffic police fines & penalties for using tinted glass in the car.
- Car insurance add-ons are additional coverages which help extend the coverage offered by a standard car insurance policy. Know benefits.
- Want to know useful of car Insurance Add-ons? Key add-on cover in car insurance allows the customer to tailor their insurance plan.
DHFL Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
434 Dhfl Cashless Garages in India
Insurance Products by Dhfl General Insurance
COCO by DHFL Car Insurance Claim FAQs
Where can I find the claim form of DHFL General Insurance Company?
You can download the claim form of DHFL General Insurance Company by visiting their website https://www.cocogeneralinsurance.com/motor-insurance/car/.
When should I register the claim for my car insurance?
You must file a claim right after the accident. However, it is recommended to first focus on the injured persons (if any). Whereas in the case of theft claims, you must intimate their representatives as well as the nearest police station, as soon as it happens.
Within how much time the spot survey is arranged?
The spot survey is arranged by NAVI GENERAL INSURANCE LIMITED (Formerly known as DHFL General Insurance Limited) within 6 hours, but not more than 24 hours, of reporting of a claim.
How much time does it take in the settlement of the car insurance claim?
The car insurance claims are settled within 7 working days of receipt of the last required claim document.
What if I don’t request any claim in a policy year or years?
If you do not file any claim in a policy year or years, then you will be entitled to get the No Claim Bonus (NCB) discount, which can be from 20 % to 50 % on the premium of the own damage policy premium based on the number of claim-free years.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- In India, Why And How Is A Vehicle Insurance Backg...
Motorists benefit from car insurance since it financially pr...26 June 2022
- The Basics of IDV In Automobile Insurance
Read on to learn why IDV (Insured Declared Value) is an impo...25 June 2022
- In India, the Finest Crossover Cars And Their Insu...
Do you want to buy a crossover vehicle? Here's everything yo...24 June 2022
- The Regional Transport Office's Function
Learn everything you need to know about regional transport o...24 June 2022
- Renewal Of A Car Insurance Policy - How to Do It a...
Every automobile insurance policy has a period of validity a...23 June 2022
- Myths about Car Insurance and the Fact
This article debunks the top five myths regarding vehicle in...29 April 2022
- How Does India's E-Challan System Work
With the advancement of technology, traffic infringement law...28 April 2022
- How Do I Get an Online Car Pollution Certificate?
The Pollution Under Control Certificate, or PUC certificate,...16 May 2022
- Total Loss in Car Insurance: Everything You Need t...
Learn everything there is to know about the total loss in au...29 April 2022
- 10 Ways To Save Money On Car Insurance
Let’s discuss some tricks on how to get the best deal on you...06 May 2022