How To Make Reimbursement Liberty Car Insurance Claim
Step 1: Intimate The Insurer
Inform Liberty General Insurance about the accident/mishap and request a claim initiation for your insured car. You can reach the insurer by calling their customer care helpline at 1800 266 5844. Alternatively, you can initiate a claim online by visiting Liberty General Insurance’s official website and clicking on ‘Motor Claims’ option under the ‘Claim’ section. Choose ‘Claim Registration’ option, click on ‘By Customer’, fill the required details and ‘Submit’ the claim initiation request.
Step 2: Approval Of Claim Request
The company will revert back to you to inform about the approval of your claim. A representative will guide you with further steps and will also provide you with a claim registration number for future reference.
Step 3: Inspection For Damages
Liberty will send a surveyor at the place of accident/mishap for an inspection of the damaged insured car. The survey will be arranged within 24 hours if the accident spot is within the city limits and in 48 hours if it is outside the city limits. Submit all the required documents to the surveyor at this stage.
Step 4: Towing Of Vehicle
Tow your vehicle to a garage of your preference. You can also request the insurer to arrange a towing service. Towing charges provided by Liberty General Insurance if offered free of charge up to Rs 1,500, after which it is chargeable.
Step 5: Reimbursement Of Claim
Get your car repaired at the garage and make a payment of the entire repair cost to the garage. To initiate a reimbursement with the insurer, submit all the required documents to it along with original repair bills. The insurer will disburse the claim amount within 7 days of receipt of all the documents after factoring deductibles.
Common Claim Rejection Reasons
Following are some come scenarios/reasons which result in the rejection of a claim by the insurer:
- When an accident of the insured car occurs due to the mistake of the driver under the influence of intoxicants.
- Occurrence of an accident due to rash driving/negligence or of the driver.
- When the car was being driven without a valid driver’s license and car’s RC.
- Delay made by the policyholder in intimating the insurer about the accident/mishap.
- Repair of insured vehicle without permission and proper inspection of the vehicle by the insurer.
- Mismatch of details in the claim form against the documents submitted.
- When the car was being used for any illegal purpose.
Explore Liberty Car Insurance
- Read More
- Read More
- Read More
- Read More
Liberty Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
Liberty Car Insurance Claim FAQs
What additional documents do I need to submit to the insurer for claim settlement in case of theft of the insured vehicle?Apart from all the necessary documents, you also need to submit the entire set of vehicle keys, No Trace Report for the lost vehicle, Indemnity Bond (part of insurance policy document) and No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the financer in case of theft of the vehicle.
How can I locate my nearest garage authorised by Liberty General Insurance?To locate a Liberty authorised garage, go to the company’s homepage and select ‘Motor Claims’ under the Claim section. Click on ‘Garage Locator’ and select state, city, vehicle and garage type and click on ‘Submit’. The list will be displayed on the next page.
How can I track my vehicle’s inspection status?Visit the company’s official website and click on ‘Track Your Status’ from the floating menu on the right edge of the page. Enter the ‘Quote Number’ and click on ‘Next’. The results will be displayed on the next page.
Why to Buy Car Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Car Insurance News
- Reasons Why You Need Car Insurance For Autonomous ...
Autonomous vehicles may get you excited with each new car be...17 August 2020
- Top Car Insurance Companies Providing Personal Acc...
On the basis of Health Insurance Claim settlement ratio, her...30 April 2020
- Cashless Car Insurance Policy Usefulness
What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into t...27 April 2020
- Types of Car Insurance Policies in India
Let’s explore about car insurance policy types in India. Aft...24 April 2020
- Return to Invoice Add-On Cover For Car Insurance
Explore return to invoice add-on cover in Car Insurance in ...23 April 2020
- Know What is NCB in Car Insurance Online India
All You Need To Know About No Claim Bonus On Car Insurance O...22 April 2020