ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Add on Covers
Car Insurance add-ons are extra coverages which you can opt with ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy as well as ICICI Lombard Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Policy. These add-ons help you extend the coverage mentioned under your insurance plan in return of payment of an additional premium.
ICICI Lombard - 9 Important Add-on Covers For Your Car Insurance Policy
Following are the car insurance add-ons offered by ICICI Lombard General Insurance:
1. Zero Depreciation Cover
When you opt for this add-on, the insurer deducts no amounts for depreciation from your claim amount in case of parts replaced on account of damage to your car for up to two (2) claims. This add-on covers the depreciation charge at 100% for all plastic and metal parts except tyres, tubes and batteries which are covered at 50%.
2. Consumables Cover
Consumables refer to those articles which when put to use either get exhausted or become unfit for continuous consumption. Consumables include items like nuts, bolts, screws, oil filters, engine oil, etc. This add-on insures you against the expenses incurred on replenishment of such consumables.
3. Garage Cash
When you opt for this add-on, the insurer provides you with a cash allowance when your car is at a garage for repairs.
4. NCB Protect
No Claim Bonus is the reward which is extended by the insurer on the own-damage premium of your insurance policy at the time of renewal if you have not made any claim during the entire policy period. However this benefit is lost if you make even a single claim during the policy tenure. This is where the NCB Protect add-on proves to be helpful. It helps you keep your NCB unaffected even after you make a claim during the policy period.
5. Return to Invoice
This add-on helps you cover the gap between the Invoice Price which you had paid at the time of purchase of your car and the Insured Declared Value (IDV) which you are entitled to receive in the event of total loss or theft of your car. When you opt for this add, instead of the IDV you get the Invoice Price of your car as compensation which is a sum of your car’s ex-showroom price, road-tax and first time registration charges.
6. Engine Protect Plus
Unde this add-on, the insurer compensates you for expenses incurred in repair or replacement due to damages arising out of water ingression/leakage of lubricating oil leading to loss or damage to:
• Engine Parts
• Differential Parts
• Gear Box Parts.
7. Road Side Assistance Cover
Under this add-on, the insurer provides the following assistance to you in case your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere:
- Towing service: if your car gets immobilized or rendered unfit for the purpose of driving on the road, the insurer would provide appropriate towing services to the nearest garage (within a radius of 50 kms from the location of the breakdown/accident). Towing charges for a distance beyond 50 kms is borne by you.
- Breakdown support over phone: In the event of minor mechanical errors/
faults/non-functioning of your car, the insurer would provide you with telephonic assistance to come up with solutions for such minor mechanical errors/faults/non-functioning.
- Arrangement/ Supply of fuel: In the event your car gets immobilized due to emptying of the fuel tank, the insurer would arrange for supply of up to 5 liters of fuel, at the location of the breakdown. While, all the labor costs and conveyance costs would be borne by the insurer, all expenses on fuel would be borne by you.
- Emptying of fuel tank: If your car gets filled with a wrong type of fuel, the insurer would arrange for emptying of fuel tank with the help of appropriate technicians and if required, arrange for towing of your car to the nearest garage for the purpose of emptying the
fuel tank. All charges towards the towing of the car would be borne by you.
- Arrangement of keys: In the event you lose the keys of your car, the insurer would arrange for pick up and delivery of the spare keys to you. Under this add-on, the insurer would also provide the service of unlocking your car with the help of vehicle technicians if it gets locked. While, all the labour and conveyance costs would be borne by the Company, you would be required to submit an identity proof to prove your ownership of the car, before availing such service.Also, this service would be provided only within a range of 100 kms from the location where the loss has occurred.
- Battery jumpstart: If your car runs out of battery, the insurer would arrange for a technician to jumpstart your car. However, any cost of charging/replacement of battery would be borne by you and all labour and conveyance costs, towards battery jump start assistance, would be borne by the insurer.
- Message Relay: If your car gets immobilized as a result of an accident and/or breakdown, the insurer would arrange to send an urgent message to the specified persons, as requested by you.
- Flat Tyre: If your car gets immobilized due to a flat tyre, the insurer would assist the you by organizing for a technician to replace the flat tyre with the spare stepney tyre or by arranging to take the flat tyre to the nearest place of repair and delivering the tyre back to the place of breakdown & attaching it to your car.
- Minor Repairs: If your car gets immobilized due to a minor mechanical/electrical fault, the insurer would assist you by sending a technician to the location of breakdown to carry out the Minor Repairs. Minor repairs refer to the repairs which can be carried out at the location of breakdown/accident, requiring no spares and less than 45 minutes of labour time.
- Taxi Benefits: If your car gets immobilized due to an accident/ breakdown, the insurer shall provide free travel of the occupants of your car up to a distance of 50 kilometers.
- Accommodation Benefits: If your car gets immobilized due to an accident/ breakdown, the insurer shall provide occupants of your car with a hotel accommodation for one day, for a maximum of Rs. 5,000.
8. Key Protect Cover
Under this add-on, the insurer reimburses you towards repairing/replacing the car keys and / or locks and/ or lockset, including the locksmith charges, in case of theft/burglary/ loss of or damage to the keys and /or lock and /or the lockset of your car. A maximum of two claims are allowed under this add-on during the policy period.
9. Personal Belongings Cover
Under this add-on cover, the insurer reimburses you for the loss of your personal belongings on account of damage to or theft from your car. A deductible of Rs. 500 would be applicable for each claim under this add-on. Also, a First Investigation Report (FIR) is required to be registered with the Police for such loss.