- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
ICICI Lombard Third Party Car Insurance
Buying a car brings in legal obligation to purchase at least a third-party coverage policy. The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 makes it mandatory for every car owner to insure his/her car against third-party liabilities. In accordance with this, ICICI Lombard offers third-party liability coverage plans for its customers.
Although being a legal obligation, a third-party insurance cover saves you from chipping out a chunk of your savings in case of an accident. ICICI Lombard third-party insurance policy covers you from the expenses incurred on compensating the third-party. This includes reimbursement of expenses made while indemnifying third party injury/death as well as third-party property damage. Moreover, a third-party liability policy is also more affordable in comparison to the comprehensive one, thanks to the limited coverage.
ICICI Lombard Third Party Car Insurance vs Comprehensive Car Insurance
Third Party Car Insurance Plan
Comprehensive Car Insurance Plan
It covers the financial and legal liabilities arising towards a third party only.
It provides coverage for the damage caused to not only the third party but also to the insured’s car.
Nature of Requirement
As per Indian Motor Tariff, it is mandatory for every car owner to have at least a third party insurance.
A comprehensive insurance policy is optional and not mandatory. Purchasing or not purchasing it depends on the owner’s preference.
A third party car insurance does not offer any add-ons.
You can avail a variety of add-on covers along with a comprehensive insurance policy.
The premium for a third party insurance is relatively low.
The premium for comprehensive car insurance is relatively high due to extensive coverage.
What All Is Covered Under ICICI Lombard Third Party Car Insurance Plan?
ICICI Lombard Third Party car insurance plan covers the following liabilities of the third party:
- Besides covering injury/death of a third party, this obligatory policy also covers any damage caused to a third-party property by your car upto INR 7.5 lakh.
- It gives you coverage against legal complications involved after an accident. Apart from financial compensation, the insurer also helps in dealing with legal norms.
What All Is Not Covered Under ICICI Lombard Third Party Car Insurance Plan?
When it comes to a third party insurance, it is a compulsory insurance product but offers limited insurance coverage, which every policyholder needs to be aware of. Here are a few crucial offerings which are excluded from the third party car insurance plan:
- No coverage for injuries suffered by the policyholder.
- Damages sustained by the insured car will not be covered.
- Optional personal accident cover is not provided with the third party plan.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Icici Lombard Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Icici Lombard Car Insurance
- Read this article to take a note of the things that you should consider while choosing ICICI Lombard Car Insurance.
- Want to get your vehicle ready for winter? Here is the winter checklist for vehicles, how to winterize your car. Learn more.
- We should know tips to better car fuel management ways. Saving the fuel of your car helps the environment to alive green. Let's learn fuel managemet.
ICICI Lombard Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
635 Icici Lombard Cashless Garages in India
ICICI Lombard Third Party Car Insurance FAQs
What is covered under the third-party cover offered by ICICI Lombard?
Third party policy covers the policyholder against injury/death of third-party and damages caused to third-party property.
Can I pay my third-party policy’s premium online?
Yes, you can pay the premium for your third party policy online using a debit/credit card or net banking. For more details, call us at 075511-96989.
What if I lose my policy document?
There is no need to worry if you have lost your policy document. You can call up ICICI Lombard and request them to email you the policy copy. You can take the printout of your policy.
What should I do after an accident?
If the third-party has suffered from any fatal injury, seeking medical help must be the first priority. Immediately reach out to the nearest hospital for assistance and also inform ICICI Lombard in-between.
Do I need to register an FIR after an accident?
Yes, lodging an FIR at the local police station is mandatory. You also need to submit a copy of the same to the insurer, along with other documents.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- What You Should Know About Total Loss Car Insuranc...
Continue reading to learn about total loss car insurance cla...25 May 2022
- How Do I Renew My Car Insurance Policy Immediately...
How do I Immediately renew my car insurance policy? To learn...25 May 2022
- Why and How is a Car Insurance Background Check Pe...
Motorists benefit from car insurance since it financially pr...24 May 2022
- List Of Documents Required For Car Insurance Renew...
The paperwork needed to complete an automobile insurance ren...24 May 2022
- Difference Between A Driver's And A Passenger's Co...
Know the difference between a driver's and a passenger's cov...23 May 2022
- The Advantages of Buying HDFC ERGO Car Insurance O...
In the market, HDFC ERGO offers a wide range of products.04 April 2022
- What Should I Do If I Get Into A Car Accident?
Do you want to know what to do if you are involved in a vehi...27 March 2022
- What Is IDV and How Does It Work?
The IDV Calculator is an online tool that determines the mar...30 March 2022
- Some Car Insurance Add-On Covers to Think About
Car insurance add-ons are available from one insurer to the ...02 April 2022
- Changing Car Insurance: A Step-by-Step Guide
It might be an expensive error to keep paying your vehicle i...28 March 2022