- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
ICICI Lombard Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Policy
Car insurance provides a layer of protection for both the vehicle itself and the owner-driver. With a standalone own-damage cover the cost of repairing your car in case of a mishap is compensated for by the insurance provider. Moreover, the compensation also provides financial stability for the policyholder in a time of crisis. This cover is versatile in that it provides protection in a wide variety of own-damage costs including cases of theft, vandalism, fire, explosions, road accidents, natural and manmade calamities. ICICI Lombard’s standalone own-damage car insurance is one of the three types of insurance the company offers for cars.
Standalone Own-Damage Insurance V/S Third Party Insurance V/S Comprehensive Insurance
ICICI Lombard Third Party Insurance
ICICI Lombard Standalone Own-Damage
ICICI Lombard Comprehensive Insurance
ICICI Lombard third party car insurance will take care of third party liabilities in case of a mishap including bodily injuries, death and property damage.
ICICI Lombard standalone own-damage car insurance will take care of own-damage costs of your car in a wide variety of scenarios such as road accidents, theft etc. Moreover, insurance providers give NCB for claim-free years.
ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance plans will take care of both third party liabilities and own-damage costs under a single premium. Furthermore. They offer an optional personal accident cover.
ICICI Lombard third party car insurance does not offer add-on covers.
ICICI Lombard standalone own-damage car insurance offers many add-on covers.
ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance plans offer a variety of add-on covers to choose from.
ICICI Lombard’s third party insurance is the cheapest policy they offer because it provides the most basic coverage.
ICICI Lombard’s third party insurance is more expensive than third party insurance as it offers more enhanced coverage.
ICICI Lombard’s comprehensive car insurance plan is the most expensive as it provides holistic protection by taking care of most own-damage costs and third party liabilities.
What is Covered Under ICICI Lombard Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
ICICI Lombard’s standalone own-damage car insurance covers the following aspects:
- Cases of total loss or theft of the car.
- Road accidents/ collisions that cause damage to the car.
- Damage caused to the car during transportation.
- Any damage that occurs due to a natural or man-made calamity.
What is Not Covered Under ICICI Lombard Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
ICICI Lombard’s standalone own-damage car insurance does not cover the following aspects:
- Mishaps that occur outside the country.
- Mishaps that occur due to some form of illegal driving.
- Breakdowns of the car due to mechanical or electrical failures.
- Depreciation of the car.
Benefits of ICICI Lombard Standalone Own-Damage Policy
ICICI Lombard’s standalone own-damage car insurance comes with the following benefits:
- The insurance holder is protected from a wide variety of scenarios in case of a mishap.
- For every claim-free year, the insurance holder will receive a NO CLaim Bonus which is cumulative in nature.
- ICICI Lombard offers add-on covers with their standalone own-damage insurance which can be purchased to further enhance its coverage.
How To Purchase ICICI Lombard Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
ICICI Lombard standalone own-damage car insurance can be purchased by following these steps:
Step 1: Visit the website InsuranceDekho and click on the car insurance tab. A drop-down menu will appear on the screen. Select ‘Standalone Own Damage’ from the available options.
Step 2: Provide your car’s registration number. You can also enter other information such as the car’s make, model and year of registration if you do not have the number.
Step 3: Enter your personal details, i.e., name and phone number and select ‘Submit and Get Quotes’.
Step 4: Quotes for standalone own-damage policies from different insurance companies will be visible on the screen. Select the offer by ICICI Lombard and select any add-ons you would like to purchase.
Step 5: Pay for your chosen ICICI Lombard standalone own-damage policy and the policy document will be sent to your registered email ID.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Icici Lombard Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Icici Lombard Car Insurance
- Read this article to take a note of the things that you should consider while choosing ICICI Lombard Car Insurance.
- Want to get your vehicle ready for winter? Here is the winter checklist for vehicles, how to winterize your car. Learn more.
- We should know tips to better car fuel management ways. Saving the fuel of your car helps the environment to alive green. Let's learn fuel managemet.
ICICI Lombard Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
635 Icici Lombard Cashless Garages in India
ICICI Lombard Standalone Own-Damage FAQs
What is ICICI Lombard Own damage insurance?
With ICICI Lombard own damage insurance plan, you can keep yourself protected against the loss or damage caused to your own vehicle incurred due to any kind of theft, accident or mishap.
Who is eligible to buy ICICI Lombard Own damage insurance?
Any individual having an active third party insurance plan is eligible to buy ICICI Lombard own damage insurance plan in order to get coverage for their own car.
Is buying your own damage cover for a car necessary?
No, it entirely depends upon the individual whether they want to buy their own damage cover or not. Moreover, as per law, it is only mandatory to buy a third party liability insurance.
How is premium calculated for my ICICI Lombard Own Damage Insurance Plan?
The premium calculation for your ICICI Lombard own damage insurance plan is done after taking into consideration various factors like geographical zone, engine cc, car make, car age, vehicle type, amongst others.
What documents do I need to submit in order to make an own damage claim?
The following set of documents are required to make an own damage claim:
- FIR Report copy
- Copy of car insurance plan
- A copy of driving license
- Car RC
- Repair estimate
- No claim certificate
- Photo/Other proofs of accident or mishap
- Any other documents (as asked by insurance company)
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- Everything You Need to Know About Car Insurance's...
Here's everything you need to know about vehicle insurance'...26 May 2022
- Why Should You Purchase Long-Term Car Insurance?
Long-term or multi-year car insurance policies allow policyh...26 May 2022
- What You Should Know About Total Loss Car Insuranc...
Continue reading to learn about total loss car insurance cla...25 May 2022
- How Do I Renew My Car Insurance Policy Immediately...
How do I Immediately renew my car insurance policy? To learn...25 May 2022
- Why and How is a Car Insurance Background Check Pe...
Motorists benefit from car insurance since it financially pr...24 May 2022
- The Advantages of Buying HDFC ERGO Car Insurance O...
In the market, HDFC ERGO offers a wide range of products.04 April 2022
- What Is IDV and How Does It Work?
The IDV Calculator is an online tool that determines the mar...30 March 2022
- Some Car Insurance Add-On Covers to Think About
Car insurance add-ons are available from one insurer to the ...02 April 2022
- Changing Car Insurance: A Step-by-Step Guide
It might be an expensive error to keep paying your vehicle i...28 March 2022
- CNG Kit Installation: Everything You Need to Know
Before you install a CNG kit in your vehicle, there are seve...31 March 2022