New India Third Party Car Insurance
A third-party car insurance covers a vehicle owner against any legal liability due to damages caused to third-party. Having a third-party liability cover is mandatory as per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and needs to be renewed periodically. New India Assurance company offers a ‘Liability only policy’ that covers injury/death of third-party and property damage.
However, this plan does not insure your own vehicle. The limited coverage also makes this policy inexpensive compared to a comprehensive plan. In case of third party damages, claim amount is directly paid to third-party without involving the policyholder.
New India Third Party Car Insurance vs Comprehensive Car Insurance
Third Party Car Insurance
Comprehensive Car Insurance
It offers coverage against legal as well as financial liabilities arising towards the third party only.
It gives coverage for liabilities towards third parties as well as for the own-damages of the insured’s car.
Nature of Requirement
It is compulsory to carry as per the Indian Motor Tariff.
It is an optional plan buying which depends on the choice of the policyholders.
No add-on option available along with third party policy.
A range of add-ons are provided to the policyholders along with this plan.
It has limited coverage which makes it economical for the policyholders.
It offers extensive coverage which makes it come with a relatively higher premium.
What All Is Covered Under New India Third Party Car Insurance Policy?
The New India third party car insurance policy gives coverage for the following:
- Financial liabilities of third party property damage: This policy gives coverage for any property damage of the third party occurred with the involvement of the insured’s car. The insurer offers coverage for the third party property damage up to Rs. 1 Lakh.
- Bodily injuries or loss of life of the third party: The insurance company gives compensation for bodily injuries, disability or death of the third party caused in any accident with the insured’s car. The compensation, however, is decided by a court of law.
What All Is Not Covered Under New India Third Party Car Insurance Plan?
A third party insurance plan is compulsory to be carried by every car owner. It is beneficial to cover the third party expenses, but holds a limited coverage. Below are some important points which are not covered under the third party insurance policy:
- No coverage is given for injuries suffered by customers.
- No coverage is offered for damages caused to the insured car.
- Optional personal accident plans for policyholders is not provided.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying New India Car Insurance
- What is zero depreciation cover? What are the benefits of zero depreciation add on cover? Read along to know more about zero depreciation insurance.
- What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into the details of this feature of cashless insurance.
- What does the extension of renewal dates mean for your car insurance? Read this article to find out.
New India Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
New India Third Party Car Insurance FAQs
Why do I need to purchase a third-party liability insurance policy?
First and foremost, a third-party liability insurance policy is mandatory as per law. Secondly, it insures your vehicle against third-party liabilities that include injury/death of a person and even property damage. Moreover, the liability only policy sold by New India Assurance also offers personal accident cover to policyholder.
What is not covered under a third-party liability policy?
Generally, third-party liability policy does not cover the vehicle itself against any sort of damage.. New India third party car insurance also insures the policyholder (in case personal accident cover is opted for).
Can I renew my policy online?
Yes, you can renew your car insurance policy online via debit/credit card or net banking. Place a call at 7551196989 (Insurancedekho) to know the process in detail.
Is there any way to get a duplicate copy of my car insurance policy?
Yes, if you have lost your policy, then you can avail a duplicate copy of same against a minimal charge. You need to submit a written application to the company in order to avail a duplicate copy.
Is it necessary to lodge an FIR after an accident?
Yes, it is necessary to lodge an FIR at the nearest police station and a copy of the same needs to be submitted to the company.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- Significant Features And Benefits of SBI Car Insur...
Read this article to find out significant features and benef...21 June 2021
- How To Renew Oriental Car Insurance Plans?
Read this article to get simple steps to renew your car insu...21 June 2021
- Types of Car Insurance Policies Offered By Nationa...
Read this article to explore policies offered by National In...20 June 2021
- What Happens To Acko Car Insurance When The Policy...
Read this article to understand what happens to the car insu...19 June 2021
- Types of Car Insurance And How To Claim Them At Ro...
Read this article to find out simple steps to claim your car...18 June 2021
- How To Apply For Driving License In India?
Want to apply for driving license? Read more to know about h...04 May 2021
- Everything About Loss Of Personal Belongings Add-O...
Read more to know everything about loss of personal belongin...03 May 2021
- Difference Between Private and Commercial Car Insu...
Read along to know the difference between private and commer...09 May 2021
- 5 Best Car Insurance Companies In India In 2021
This article consists of top 5 car insurance companies in In...31 May 2021
- Guide To Clear Misconceptions About Car Insurance
Here is the guide to clear misconceptions about car insuranc...29 April 2021