Universal Sompo Third Party Car Insurance Policy
As per the Indian Motor Tariff, it is mandatory for every car owner to have at least a third party liability only car insurance cover. A third party liability only policy is the most basic and feasible option which offers compensation for injury/death of a third party and third party property damage up to Rs. 7.5 lakh. Universal Sompo third party car insurance policy helps you fulfill the legal requirement of having an insurance cover as well as indemnifies you for the third party liabilities which may arise due to a road accident/mishap involving your car.
Third Party Car Insurance Policy vs Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
Third Party Cover
It offers coverage for third party property damage up to Rs. 7.5 lakh as well as a cover for injury/death of a third party.
In addition to providing coverage for all third party liabilities, it also provides compensation for own-damages suffered by the insured vehicle.
Availability of Add-on covers
No add-ons are available with a third liability only policy.
A wide range of add-on covers like zero depreciation, engine cover, NCB protection, etc. are available with a comprehensive cover.
Being the most basic coverage policy, a third party policy is comparatively cheaper than a comprehensive cover.
Owing to its wider coverage, a comprehensive policy is relatively costlier than a third party policy.
Universal Sompo Third Party Car Insurance Coverage
- Limited/Unlimited cover for death/injury of a third party (depending on the nature and severity of the injury sustained). The final compensation is one decided by a court of law.
- Coverage of up to Rs 7.5 lakh for third party property damage.
- Compensation for legal expenses in case of a court trial in the event of a road accident or any other mishap.
Universal Sompo third party car insurance does not provide coverage for the following:
- Own damages sustained by the insured car.
- Loss/damage sustained by a third party person or property if an accident occurs beyond the stated geographical location.
- Physical injury sustained by the policyholder will not be covered (to get coverage for this, you need to purchase a personal accident cover of up to Rs. 15 lakh).
- Contractual liabilities.
Universal Sompo Car Insurance User Reviews
502 Universal Sompo Cashless Garages in India
Universal Sompo Third Party Car Insurance FAQs
Can Universal Sompo arrange a court representative during a third party liability settlement in a court?Yes, Universal Sompo does arrange for a representative in a court of law in case of death of a third party.
Can I get coverage for the legal liabilities of death or physical injury of a paid driver in a third party policy?To get coverage for the legal liabilities of death or physical injury of a paid driver you need to opt for a paid driver add-on cover against an extra premium.
Is it compulsory to have a third party policy?Yes, as the Indian Motor Tariff it is mandatory for every car owner to purchase at least a third party liability only policy for his/her car.