- Stronghold in rural India with presence in over 200 tier II & III towns and villages
- Pan India operation with a workforce of 18,300 people working in 1340 offices
- Pioneer in vouchsafing complex insurance policies for corporate needs
- An impressive incurred claim settlement ratio of 91.72%
United India Third Party Car Insurance
Third-party insurance mostly pertains to automobile sector where it is mandatory as per the law. It is legally binding on owner/driver of the car to have at least the minimum injury liability which is inclusive of property damage claims as well. It is the most common and basic form of motor insurance and covers for losses and damages sustained by the third party in an event of an accident. Here, insured is the first party, the insurer is the second party, while the party who will claim for the sustained losses is the third party.
The third-party motor insurance from United India protects the holder of the policy from any liability that may arise from the injury/death of a third party or even damage in physical property. Moreover, it also covers legal expenses aroused during the court trial and even the lawyer’s fee.
Benefits of United India Third Party Car Insurance
- The foremost benefit of the United India third-party insurance is that it makes you compliant to the law. It frees the owner/driver from the legal liabilities that arise in case of any fatal consequences or property damage.
- The process of the claim is hassle-free since it does not involve a lot of cover.
- In most cases, the claim is directly passed on to the third-party, without involving the insured, thereby making things easier for all the parties involved in the insurance contract.
- Since this is the most basic form of insurance cover, cost of the premium is a lot lesser in comparison to a comprehensive policy.
United India Third Party Claim Process
- Contact the insurer
Get in touch with the authority of UIIC. In case the accident has happened outside the home city, the nearest office needs to be contacted.
- Leave the vehicle for inspection
If the accident has been grave, like catching fire etc., it is recommended to leave your car at the accident site until the inspection is done.
- Lodge an FIR
In case of fatality, the insured needs to inform the nearest police station and lodge FIR.
- Furnish relevant details to the insurer
Submit all the details along with the relevant documents as instructed by the insurance company.
- Claim settlement
Sit back and relax, the company will settle the claim amount (as per the policy) after completion of all formalities.
Explore United India Car Insurance
- Read More
- Read More
- Read More
United India Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
207 United India Cashless Garages in India
United India Third Party Car Insurance FAQs
Why is third-party insurance mandatory according to law?In any case of an accident, it is very important to cover the third-party (or victim). However, teaming it up with comprehensive insurance would just make the premium amount go higher, thereby discouraging most applicants. Hence, third-party insurance is always a standalone option to abide by the law.
Why is the third-party from UIIC is better than most others?Basic third-party insurance from United India even covers driver/owner in an event of an accident. Hence, if there is an accident where the third party and the insured party have sustained injuries, the insurance would cover for both.
How to calculate the premium for the insurance?To know the premium of UIIC motor insurance policy, visit our website www.insurancedekho.com and enter the required details to get quotes.
What is the first thing I should do after an accident?The first thing that needs to be done is to inform the local police and lodge an FIR. The copy of FIR is very important for the claim process. Following this, if the victim needs medical attention, get to a hospital and inform the nearest UIIC insurance office.
Does the third-party insurance cover mechanical and electrical damages of the car/motorcycle?No. The third-party insurance will not cover for damaged car or motorcycle, be it minor or major. Since it covers basics as per law, covering for everything is not be feasible.
Why to Buy Car Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Car Insurance News
- Reasons Why You Need Car Insurance For Autonomous ...
Autonomous vehicles may get you excited with each new car be...17 August 2020
- Top Car Insurance Companies Providing Personal Acc...
On the basis of Health Insurance Claim settlement ratio, her...30 April 2020
- Cashless Car Insurance Policy Usefulness
What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into t...27 April 2020
- Types of Car Insurance Policies in India
Let’s explore about car insurance policy types in India. Aft...24 April 2020
- Return to Invoice Add-On Cover For Car Insurance
Explore return to invoice add-on cover in Car Insurance in ...23 April 2020
- Know What is NCB in Car Insurance Online India
All You Need To Know About No Claim Bonus On Car Insurance O...22 April 2020