Digit Third Party Car Insurance
As per the Indian Motor Tariff 2002, it is mandatory for every car owner to have at least a third party insurance cover. A third party car insurance cover insures you against all the third party liabilities which may arise due to a mishap such as a road accident involving your car. The third party car insurance policy provided by Digit General Insurance insures you against financial liabilities which may arise due to third party death/bodily injuries. It also provides compensation of up to Rs. 7.5 lakh for third party property damage caused by your insured car. Digit General Insurance offers both 1 year as well as long-term (3 years and 5 years) third party car insurance policy along with optional personal accident cover of up to Rs. 15 lakh.
Digit Third Party Car Insurance vs Comprehensive Car Insurance
Third Party Car Insurance
Comprehensive Car Insurance
A third-party car insurance policy provides financial as well as legal protection for the owner of the car. The third-party liabilities are covered with this plan which comprises injuries, death or property damage of the third party arising due to an accident or a mishap.
Comprehensive car insurance cover gives an all-around coverage to the car owner. This type of car insurance policy gives coverage and compensation to the car owner against the damage sustained by the policyholder’s car and third-party liabilities arising due to unfortunate accidents or any mishap.
Availability of Add-on covers
There is no possibility of including an add-on cover with a third party policy to enhance the policy cover.
A range of add-on covers is available with car insurance which can be added to the comprehensive car insurance policy.
It is mandatory for every car owner to buy a third party car insurance policy as per the Indian Motor Tariff.
Buying a comprehensive car insurance policy is optional and recommended but not a compulsion under law.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
What All Is Covered Under Digit Third Party Car Insurance Plan?
- Reimbursement of up to Rs 7.5 lakh in case of third party property damage.
- Unlimited coverage in case of death of a third party. The compensation amount is decided by a court of law.
- Limited/Unlimited (depending upon the type and severity of the injury sustained) liability cover for injury of a third party. The amount of compensation is decided by a court of law.
What All Is Not Covered Under Digit Third Party Car Insurance Plan?
Digit third party car insurance plan does not provide coverage for the following:
- Any damage incurred by the insured car.
- If the accident occurred due to mindful negligence on the driver’s part.
- If the vehicle was being driven in the absence of a valid driving licence.
- If the accident occurred when the driver was under the influence of intoxicants.
- If the driver was a novice with a learner’s licence caught driving without a valid driving license-holder in the front passenger seat.
Key Benefits of Buying Digit Third-Party Car Insurance
A third party car insurance policy is mandatory to be owned by car owners. Here are some advantages of buying a Digit third-party car insurance plan:
1. Financial and Legal Assistance: Third-party car insurance gives coverage for legal liabilities towards third parties. In addition to this, this plan covers the financial burden on policyholders arising due to a collision with a third party. The compensation is given to cover their unforeseen demise, bodily injury, and property damage.
2. Peace of Mind: A third party car insurance policy helps the car owner drive a car without any worry of legal compliance as well as financial protection in case of any collision with a third party. This policy is crucial for the peace of mind of car owners.
3. Quite Affordable: A car third party insurance plan is the minimum required plan due to which it is compulsory to own and available at a very affordable rate due to its limited policy coverage. Policyholders generally select this cover due to its cost-effectiveness as well as compulsion by the law.
4. 24x7 Assistance: If you buy a Digit third-party car insurance cover you can avail of the insurance-related assistance 24x7 in case of any unforeseen event.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Digit Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
414 Digit Cashless Garages in India
Digit Third Party Car Insurance FAQs
What happens if I am involved in an accident in a different city or state?
Digit General Insurance provides coverage to its policyholders irrespective of the city or state in which the incident takes place. However, the place of accident/mishap should not be outside the geographical coverage mentioned in the policy document.
How much compensation is provided if an accident results in permanent total disability of a third party?
The final compensation amount is decided by a court of law and the indemnification cost is borne by the Insurer.
Does the insurer bear the expenses incurred during a court trial involving the insured car?
Yes, the Digit third party liability cover offers indemnification for the expenses incurred during a court trial.
Do I get coverage for car theft under Digit third party car insurance policy?
No, Digit third party car insurance policy provides the basic coverage only for the third party. The insured does not get compensated for the theft of the insured’s car under this policy.
Can I extend the coverage for the Digit third party car insurance policy?
No, the coverage of the Digit third party car insurance policy can not be extended as it does not offer any add-on covers but provides only basic coverage. For extensive coverage, you can opt for the comprehensive car insurance policy.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- What Is Non-renewal And Cancellation of Policy in ...
There are two important terms in car insurance that you shou...06 February 2023
- How To Buy New Car Insurance Online?
In order to purchase a car insurance plan online, you need ...02 February 2023
- How to Get the Best Car Insurance Quote?
Read on for a detailed guide on how to get the best car insu...01 February 2023
- 10 Must-have Accessories To Have When Going On A L...
Read on to know all about these car accessories for long dri...31 January 2023
- Guide To Choose The Right Car Insurance Plan
Read on to learn more about how to easily choose the right c...30 January 2023