- Ranked as one of the top 5 best Indian startups in 2018 by LinkedIn.
- Only Indian company to feature in the top 250 Global Fintechs list by CB Insights.
- Backed by world’s well-known insurer Fairfax Financials
- 24*7 responsive customer service facility available even on National holidays
Digit Third Party Car Insurance
As per the Indian Motor Tariff 2002, it is mandatory for every car owner to have at least a third party insurance cover. A third party car insurance cover insures you against all the third party liabilities which may arise due to a mishap such as a road accident involving your car.
The third party car insurance policy provided by Digit General Insurance insures you against financial liabilities which may arise due to third party death/bodily injuries. It also provides compensation of up to Rs. 7.5 lakh for third party property damage caused by your insured car.
Digit General Insurance offers both 1 year as well as long-term (3 years and 5 years) third party car insurance policy along with optional personal accident cover of up to Rs. 15 lakh.
Digit Third Party Policy vs Digit Comprehensive Policy
Third Party Policy
|Coverage||This policy provides compensation for bodily injury/death of a third party as well as third party property damage (up to a maximum of Rs 7.5 lakh).||This plan provides compensation not only for all third party liabilities but also for the damage incurred by the insured vehicle in accordance with its Insured Declared Value (IDV).|
|Availability of Add-on covers||No add-on covers are available with third party policy.||A wide range of add-on covers can be opted with a comprehensive policy.|
|Legal requirement||It is mandatory for every vehicle owner to purchase a third party car insurance policy.||Purchase of a comprehensive car insurance policy is recommended but not compulsory under law.|
Digit Third Party Car Insurance Coverage
- Reimbursement of up to Rs 7.5 lakh in case of third party property damage.
- Limited/Unlimited (depending upon the type and severity of the injury sustained) liability cover for injury of a third party. The amount of compensation is decided by a court of law.
- Unlimited coverage in case of death of a third party. The compensation amount is decided by a court of law
Digit third party liability cover does not provide coverage for the following:
- Any damage incurred by the insured car.
- If the accident occurred when the driver was under the influence of intoxicants.
- If the vehicle was being driven in the absence of a valid driving licence.
- If the driver was a novice with a learner’s licence and was driving in the absence of a valid driving license-holder in the front passenger seat.
- If the accident occurred due to mindful negligence on the driver’s part.
Explore Digit Car Insurance
Digit Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
144 Digit Cashless Garages in India
Digit Third Party Car Insurance FAQs
What happens if I am involved in an accident in a different city or state?
Digit General Insurance provides coverage to its policyholders irrespective of the city or state in which the incident takes place. However, the place of accident/mishap should not be outside the geographical coverage mentioned in the policy document.
How much compensation is provided if an accident results in permanent total disability of a third party?
The final compensation amount is decided by a court of law and the indemnification cost is borne by the Insurer.
Does the insurer bear the expenses incurred during a court trial involving the insured car?
Yes, the Digit third party liability cover offers indemnification for the expenses incurred during a court trial.
Why to Buy Car Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Car Insurance News
- Reasons Why You Need Car Insurance For Autonomous ...
Autonomous vehicles may get you excited with each new car be...17 August 2020
- Top Car Insurance Companies Providing Personal Acc...
On the basis of Health Insurance Claim settlement ratio, her...30 April 2020
- Cashless Car Insurance Policy Usefulness
What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into t...27 April 2020
- Types of Car Insurance Policies in India
Let’s explore about car insurance policy types in India. Aft...24 April 2020
- Return to Invoice Add-On Cover For Car Insurance
Explore return to invoice add-on cover in Car Insurance in ...23 April 2020
- Know What is NCB in Car Insurance Online India
All You Need To Know About No Claim Bonus On Car Insurance O...22 April 2020