Tata AIG Third Party
There are 2 types of car insurance policy - third party liability policy and comprehensive policy. Third party liability auto insurance policy is a mandatory requirement for being able to drive a car in India while it is optional to have a comprehensive cover.
Difference Between Third Party Liability and Comprehensive Cover
Damage to third party property up to Rs. 7.5 lakh. Compensation for third party injuries/death decided by court of law.
Damage to third party property up to Rs. 7.5 lakh. Compensation for third party injuries/death decided by court of law + Damage to own vehicle.
Damages Covered Under TATA AIG Third Party Auto Insurance Policy
The TATA AIG third party auto insurance policy provides protection against the following:
- Bodily injuries/death of the third party including passengers in the insured vehicle
- Accidental damage to third party's property
In the event of a car accident, a policyholder must immediately inform the insurer of the same.
Damages Not Covered Under TATA AIG Third Party Auto Insurance Policy
The TATA AIG third party auto insurance does not provide coverage for the following:
- Damages to insured vehicle including consequential losses, depreciation, wear and tear, electrical/mechanical failures and accidental damages. This also includes damages caused to the insured vehicle and its belongings due to theft, fire, etc.
- Accidental injuries to policyholder (if you have not opted for personal accident cover).
- Third party liabilities incurred outside India.
TATA AIG Car Insurance User Reviews
192 Tata Aig Cashless Garages in India
TATA AIG Third Party Car Insurance FAQs
Why should I choose TATA AIG third party insurance policy?The TATA AIG third party insurance policy is an ideal choice because of the following reasons:
- Impressive claim settlement ratio of 97%.
- Quick and hassle-free renewal process
What are the documents required for buying TATA AIG third party policy?The following documents and details are required for buying the TATA AIG third party auto insurance policy:
- Copy of vehicle’s Registration Certificate (RC)
- Previous Auto Insurance Policy Number (if any)
- Your contact details (phone no., email id and residential address)
- Nominee details
How to buy TATA AIG third party auto insurance online?You can visit our website by clicking here and compare the TATA AIG third party insurance against other third party auto insurance policies available in the country.
How much GST is charged on the purchase of an auto insurance policy?A GST (Goods & Services Tax) of 18% is applicable on the purchase of an auto insurance policy.
Can I opt for add-ons with the TATA AIG third party policy?No, the add-ons are available only with the TATA AIG comprehensive auto insurance policy.