- Services rendered in 110+ Indian cities directly and other 350+ locations via satellite resources.
- More than 14,000 branches across India
- IAAA rating for highest claim paying ability.
- Offers 16000+ cashless network garage services across India.
SBI General Third Party Insurance
Roads have their own set of rules and some of them are beyond anyone’s control. So, instead of carrying liabilities, it is always wise to shift them to the one who can take better care of it. SBI General offers you ‘Motor Act Only – Private Car (Long Term)’ policy that has been designed to cover the compulsory third-party liabilities as directed by the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988.
SBI General Act Only cover is a long term policy for 3 years so that you don’t have to engage in the hassle of annual renewals. It covers damages from injury/death of the third-party and for any damage incurred on a third-party property including the vehicle. Moreover, you can also purchase additional covers at an extra cost like, personal accident cover of up to 15 lakhs and extension of legal liabilities to paid driver/conductor/cleaner employed in operation of vehicle and employees travelling in/driving the vehicle other than the paid driver.
Benefits of SBI General Third Party Insurance
Although being a legal compulsion, a third-party liability cover is highly beneficial in practical terms. In this case, the Act Only cover from SBI General offers more than standard third-party insurance of other general insurance companies.
- Act Only policy protects you from the expenses arising for compensating a third-party in case of an accident. SBI General reimburses the third-party on your behalf.
- It covers injury/death of a third-party and damages imparted on third-party’s vehicle or any other property belonging to a third-party. Moreover, it also covers all the legal expenses incurred during the course.
- You can also avail a personal accident cover of Rs. 15 lakhs by paying an extra cost.
SBI General Claim Process
1) Contact your insurer
Get in touch with SBI General immediately and inform them about the accident and location. This will initiate the claim process. To reach SBI General, call the toll free number 1800 22 1111 or SMS "CLAIM" to 561612 or email your details on email@example.com. Alternatively, you can also initiate the claim online post filling basic details: https://www.sbigeneral.in/SBIG/intimate-claim
2) Confirmation of the process
The claims manager/executive will contact you within 24 hours of registering the claim and provide a claim number/reference number. This also means that your claim request has been accepted by the company.
3) Seek medical attention
If an accident results in a serious or fatal injury of a third-party, rush to the nearest hospital in order to avail the crucial first-hour medical attention. Keep bill/receipts of expenses incurred during the same.
Submit all relevant documents to the claims manager/executive and get them verified against the originals.
5) Claim settlement
SBI General will settle all admissible claims within a maximum of 30 days of receipt of the final survey report or the last relevant and necessary document. Claims are generally settled instantly and will be paid directly to the third-party.
Explore Sbi Car Insurance
SBI General Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
616 Sbi Cashless Garages in India
SBI Third Party Car Insurance FAQs
Will SBI General compensate me for the expenses incurred while giving medical aid to the third-party?Yes, definitely. You just need to keep the bill/receipts of all the expenses incurred while seeking any medical attention. Submit those along with necessary documents during the claim settlement process and you will be reimbursed as soon as possible.
What if the accident occurred when my car is being driven by any other person?You can extend the legal liabilities for any paid driver/conductor/cleaner employed in operation of the vehicle. However, this cover is not available by default and you need to purchase it against an extra cost.
Do I need to renew the policy every year?No, there is no need to renew the policy every year. SBI General Act Only is a long term policy for 3 years, which eliminates the need for annual auto-renewal.
I have lost the insurance Policy. Can I get a duplicate one?Yes. Just approach the nearest branch and submit a written request. A nominal fee will be charged to furnish a duplicate copy of your insurance policy.
Is No Claim Bonus available with the Act Only cover?Yes, you are entitled to get No Claim Bonsu (NCB) discount with Act Only cover if no claim is filed during the policy tenure. Also, the discount increases for every claim-free years, up to 5 years.
Why to Buy Car Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Car Insurance News
- Reasons Why You Need Car Insurance For Autonomous ...
Autonomous vehicles may get you excited with each new car be...17 August 2020
- Top Car Insurance Companies Providing Personal Acc...
On the basis of Health Insurance Claim settlement ratio, her...30 April 2020
- Cashless Car Insurance Policy Usefulness
What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into t...27 April 2020
- Types of Car Insurance Policies in India
Let’s explore about car insurance policy types in India. Aft...24 April 2020
- Return to Invoice Add-On Cover For Car Insurance
Explore return to invoice add-on cover in Car Insurance in ...23 April 2020
- Know What is NCB in Car Insurance Online India
All You Need To Know About No Claim Bonus On Car Insurance O...22 April 2020