- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
IFFCO Tokio Third Party Car Insurance
Having at least a third party policy cover is mandatory for every car owner in India under the Motor Vehicles Act. The third-party car insurance policy offered by IFFCO Tokio covers the policyholder against expenses arising out of damage incurred to a third party. This majorly includes coverage in 3 cases. It reimburses the policyholder for the damages caused to any third party vehicle and injuries caused to people involved in an accident.
The fact that repair costs are considerably high these days makes the third-party insurance cover highly important. Besides fulfilling your compulsion to have a policy cover for the car, it also saves you from the hefty expenses which might occur after an accident. Having understood its importance, let us learn how a third party cover is different from a comprehensive motor insurance policy.
Third-Party vs Comprehensive
|Coverage||Covers expenses for third party property damages and damages caused due to injury/death of a third-party.||Covers expenses for all third party property and life damages and damages caused to the insured vehicle|
|Nature of Requirement||It is mandatory to have under Motor Vehicles Act.||It is not mandatory under any law and solely depends on the buyer’s preference.|
|Add-ons Availability||No add-ons are available with this cover.||It comes with all add-on covers.|
|Cost||A third-party cover is relatively cheaper as the coverage is limited.||It is relatively expensive due to extensive and complete coverage.|
IFFCO Tokio Third Party Coverage
A third-party car insurance policy offered by IFFCO Tokio covers the following:
- Compensation for the injury or death to pedestrians, fare-paying passengers and non-fare-paying passengers.
- Compensation up to Rs 7.5 lakh for damages caused to a third-party property because of the policyholder’s car.
- Unlimited liability cover in case of death of a third party. The amount of compensation is decided by a court of law.
What All Is Not Covered Under IFFCO Tokio Third Party Policy?
- Damages caused to the insured car.
- Injury of the policyholder.
- Optional personal accident cover of the policyholder.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Iffco Tokio Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Iffco Tokio Car Insurance
- Read this article to know how to prevent rejection of IFFCO Tokio car insurance.
- Wondering what to do before heading out on the road with your buddies? We have put together the perfect road trip checklist to make your life easier.
- What is ‘endorsement’ in car insurance? Read this article to find out.
- How to choose the right car insurance policy in India? You must compare car insurance online and check out the best car insurance companies.
- Acko General Insurance Company offers three types of a car insurance policy and they are Third Party Policy, Comprehensive Policy and Comprehensive +
IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
540 Iffco Tokio Cashless Garages in India
IFFCO Tokio Third Party Car Insurance FAQs
What should I do after an accident?
If the accident results in a serious injury of any person, it is advisable to first rush to the nearest hospital to seek medical attention. Thereafter, contact IFFCO Tokio at 1800-103-5499 as soon as possible to initiate the Claim Settlement process.
What is the minimum coverage tenure for IFFCO Tokio third party policy?
For new cars, the minimum coverage period is 3 years, after which, the policy needs to be renewed annually. On the other hand, for old cars, the policy cover needs to be renewed annually.
How much compensation can be offered in case of death of a third party?
The amount of compensation in case of death of a third party in an accident caused by the insured car is decided by a court of law.
Is there any way to get a duplicate copy of my car insurance plan?
Yes, in case you have misplaced your insurance cover, then you can request for a duplicate copy of the same by submitting a written application to your respective insurance provider.
What is not covered under a third party car insurance plan?
Generally, a third party car insurance plan does not offer coverage for their own vehicle against any kind of damage or loss incurred.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- Consumables Add-on to Car Insurance
Learn all about consumables add-on to car insurance.02 July 2022
- What Effects Do Car Modifications Have on Insuranc...
Learn which modifications to your automobile have an impact ...01 July 2022
- Vehicle Insurance Renewal in 5 Simple Tips
Are you thinking of renewing your insurance policy? In 5 sim...01 July 2022
- Is it possible for your GST number to be included ...
Is it possible to include your GST number in your car insura...30 June 2022
- All You Need to Learn About Personal Accident Cove...
Here's all you need to know about the required personal acci...30 June 2022
- How Do I Get an Online Car Pollution Certificate?
The Pollution Under Control Certificate, or PUC certificate,...16 May 2022
- 10 Ways To Save Money On Car Insurance
Let’s discuss some tricks on how to get the best deal on you...06 May 2022
- What Effects Can Modifications Have on Your Digit ...
Read this article to discover more about the factors that de...05 May 2022
- What Is The Best Way To Check Your Car Insurance D...
Know how you can check your car insurance details using your...04 May 2022
- What is a Cashless Car Insurance Policy, And How D...
The cashless auto insurance function is quite helpful in the...14 May 2022