Liberty Third Party Car Insurance
The Indian Motor tariff 2002 makes it compulsory for every car owner in India to have at least a third party liability cover. You can fulfil this legal requirement by purchasing a third party car insurance policy from one of the leading insurers Liberty General Insurance company. The Liberty third party liability cover provides compensation for all the third party liabilities (life and property) arising out of an accident/mishap involving the insured car.
Under the third party liability cover, Liberty General Insurance offers as much compensation as decided by a court of law in case of injury/death of a third party and up to Rs 7.5 lakh compensation in case of third party property damage. The insurer offers both 1 year as well long-term third party car insurance policy.
Third Party Policy Vs Comprehensive Policy
Third Party Policy
Extent Of Cover
Under the third party cover, compensation is provided for bodily injury/death of a third party and third party property damage (up to Rs 7.5 lakh).
The comprehensive plan offers compensation for all third party liabilities as well as for damages incurred by the insured vehicle in accordance with its Insured Declared Value (IDV).
A third party cover cannot be customised as no add-ons are available with it.
A comprehensive cover can be customised with the help of a number of add-ons.
It is compulsory as per law for a car owner to purchase a third party car insurance policy.
A car owner has an option to purchase a comprehensive car insurance policy or not.
Liberty Third Party Car Insurance Coverage
- Limited/Unlimited (depending upon the type of injury) liability cover for injury/death of a third party.
- Reimbursement up to Rs 7.5 lakh for third party property damage.
- Availability of optional personal accident cover up to Rs. 15 lakh for the policyholder.
- Optional accident cover of up to Rs. 2 lakh for a hired driver.
- Optional accident cover of up to Rs. 2 lakh for unnamed co-passengers.
The Liberty third party liability cover does not provide coverage for the following:
- Damages incurred by the insured vehicle in an accident.
- Damages incurred to the insured vehicle due to a natural or man-made calamity or any other mishap.
- Bodily injury of the policyholder and co-passengers travelling in the insured vehicle (if not opted for the respective cover).
Explore Liberty Car Insurance
- Read More
- Read More
- Read More
- Read More
Liberty User Reviews
- Most Helpful
337 Liberty Cashless Garages in India
Liberty Third Party Car Insurance FAQs
What is the amount of personal accident cover offered by Liberty General Insurance?Liberty offers a personal accident cover of up to Rs. 15 lakh for the policyholders. The accident cover for a paid driver is available up to Rs 2 lakh each for both co-passengers and paid driver.
How much compensation is offered if the accident results in permanent total disability of a third party?The final compensation amount is decided by the court of law and the entire cost is borne by the Insurer.
What happens to my car insurance policy if I sell my vehicle before policy expiry?In such a case, the policy’s ownership can be changed by filing an endorsement form which will contain all the details of changes done in the policy such as name, DOB, mobile number, etc.
Why to Buy Car Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Car Insurance News
- Reasons Why You Need Car Insurance For Autonomous ...
Autonomous vehicles may get you excited with each new car be...17 August 2020
- Top Car Insurance Companies Providing Personal Acc...
On the basis of Health Insurance Claim settlement ratio, her...30 April 2020
- Cashless Car Insurance Policy Usefulness
What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into t...27 April 2020
- Types of Car Insurance Policies in India
Let’s explore about car insurance policy types in India. Aft...24 April 2020
- Return to Invoice Add-On Cover For Car Insurance
Explore return to invoice add-on cover in Car Insurance in ...23 April 2020
- Know What is NCB in Car Insurance Online India
All You Need To Know About No Claim Bonus On Car Insurance O...22 April 2020