- Network of 31 regional offices and more than 1,800 active branches
- A huge number of network garages, which offer direct cashless claim
- Total strength of 14,000+ employees and well established in the rural parts of the country.
- Overseas operations in countries like Nepal, Kuwait and Dubai
Oriental Third Party Car Insurance Policy
A third party car insurance is a type of car insurance which secures you from the claims made by a third party involved in an accident with your car. According to the Indian Motor Tariff 2002, it is compulsory for every car owner to have at least a third party car insurance, absence of which attracts a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months for the first offence.
The third party car insurance offered by Oriental General Insurance insures you insures you against all types of third party third party damages be it bodily injuries, temporary or permanent disability, death of a third party or third party property.
Third Party Car Insurance vs Comprehensive Car Insurance
Third party car insurance
Comprehensive car insurance
It covers all third party liabilities - bodily injuries, temporary/permanent disability, death of a third party as well as third party property damage up to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
In addition to all third party liabilities, a comprehensive policy also provides insurance for damages incurred by the insured’s car in any road accident, natural/man-made calamity, theft, fire, etc.
As per the Indian Motor Tariff, a third party car insurance is a compulsory requirement for all car owners.
To have or to not have a comprehensive car insurance policy is solely a choice of the car owner. There is no legal requirement related to a comprehensive cover.
Available at relatively lower premium rates due to limited coverage.
Available at relatively higher premium rates due to extended coverage.
Oriental Third Party Car Insurance Policy Coverage
A third party car insurance policy offered by Oriental General Insurance covers the following:
- Bodily injury/death of a third party by the insured’s car. The insurer has a limited/unlimited liability in such cases and the amount of compensation is decided by a court of law.
- Compensation of up to Rs 7.5 lakh for third party property damage.
The Oriental third party car insurance policy does not provide a cover for the following:
- Bodily injury of the policyholder
- Damages/loss incurred by the insured’s car
- Contractual liabilities.
Explore Oriental Car Insurance
- Read More
- Read More
- Read More
- Read More
Oriental Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
Oriental Third Party Car Insurance FAQs
Is it mandatory to buy a car insurance policy?The Indian Motor Tariff mandates every car owner to have at least a car insurance policy in place. Also, the importance of this insurance cannot be undermined as it frees the insurance from all unforeseen financial burden towards a third party due to an accident involving the insured’s car.
How do I benefit from buying a car insurance policy online?Ease of comparison of various insurance policies, paperless policy proposal and online payment mechanisms make way for seamless and hassle-free buying of insurance are some of the benefits which one avails while purchasing a policy online.
My car just crashed against a scooter causing the latter’s driver to sustain grievous injuries. How do I file a third-party insurance claim?You may make a claim by either logging on to the insurance company’s website or calling the insurer’s customer care centre for the same.
Can I avail NCB discount with a third party car insurance policy?Unfortunately, No Claim Bonus (NCB) discount cannot be availed with a third party car insurance policy.
Why to Buy Car Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Car Insurance News
- Reasons Why You Need Car Insurance For Autonomous ...
Autonomous vehicles may get you excited with each new car be...17 August 2020
- Top Car Insurance Companies Providing Personal Acc...
On the basis of Health Insurance Claim settlement ratio, her...30 April 2020
- Cashless Car Insurance Policy Usefulness
What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into t...27 April 2020
- Types of Car Insurance Policies in India
Let’s explore about car insurance policy types in India. Aft...24 April 2020
- Return to Invoice Add-On Cover For Car Insurance
Explore return to invoice add-on cover in Car Insurance in ...23 April 2020
- Know What is NCB in Car Insurance Online India
All You Need To Know About No Claim Bonus On Car Insurance O...22 April 2020