What is a Car Insurance Premium Calculator?
A car insurance premium calculator is an online device that helps you know the right insurance premium amount for your car. By entering the car details and No Claim Bonus status of your car, you can attain the customised results from this calculator. Knowing the right premium amount of your car can assist you to choose the premium quote that suits you best.
How to Use a Car Insurance Premium Calculator?
Step 1: Choose your car’s Make, Model, Variant and Fuel Type.
Step 2: Choose your car’s Purchase Year and Registered Location.
Step 3: Convey if you have made any claim against your car insurance in the previous policy term.Step 4: Click the ‘Calculate’ button and find the right IDV and premium amount of your car insurance.
Benefits of Car Insurance Premium Calculator
- Right Insured Declared Value – You can derive the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your car through our car insurance premium calculator. The IDV refers to an amount that you will be eligible to receive against the theft or total loss of your car. Try to achieve the right IDV of your car from your insurer.
- Right Premium - The car insurance premium calculator online helps you calculate the amount that you are required to pay as the car insurance premium.
- Helps in Making Informed Decisions – Right information eases the decision-making process. Hence, the right IDV and premium amount can help you make informed decisions pertaining to car insurance.
- Helps You Choose the Right Policy – It will become easy for you to choose the right premium quote from the available options with the knowledge of the right IDV and the premium amount of your car computed by the premium calculator.
Third Party Car Insurance Premium Rates
Premium To Buy A New Policy (3-Year Plan)
Premium To Renew Existing Policy (1-Year Plan)
Under 1,000 cc
Between 1,000 cc and 1,500 cc
Above 1,500 cc
Premium for Comprehensive and Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Plans
The calculation of premium amount for standalone own-damage and comprehensive car insurance policies is based on several factors like make, model, variant, RTO location, fuel type, engine capacity, age of the car, and so on. Make use of our Premium Calculator and find instant results for the premium amount of your car insurance.
Factors Which Determine Car Insurance Premium
1. Insured Declared Value (IDV) - The IDV refers to the current market value of the car, which the insurance providers are entitled to offer its policyholders as compensation in the case of theft or total loss. The more the IDV will be, the higher the coverage will be, which will ultimately increase the premium amount.
2. Age of the Car - The year of registration of a car also impacts its premium amount. The default depreciation will lessen the value of an old car, which will reduce the compensation amount to be offered by the insurance company. It means old cars are charged with a lower premium cost than the new cars.
3. No Claim Bonus (NCB) - For every claim free year, the insurance company offers a reward in terms of discount to its policyholders starting from 20% off for the first claim-free year and reaches to 50%. It means that the higher NCB will lessen the car insurance premiums.
4. Anti-Theft Devices - cars that have anti-theft devices installed in them are charged with a low amount of premium as they have less chances of being stolen, which reduces the coverage risk on the insurance providers.
5. Engine Cubic Capacity - The high cubic capacity of a car increases its power due to which it can run faster that enhances the risk. Therefore, the insurance companies charge a higher premium from the cars with high cubic capacity like sports cars, etc.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Digit Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
414 Digit Cashless Garages in India
Digit Car Insurance Premium Calculator FAQs
Which are the factors that determine the amount of premium of Digit car insurance plans?
Factors that influence the premium amount of a Digit car insurance policy are Insured Declared Value (IDV), Anti-theft Devices, No Claim Bonus (NCB), Engine Cubic Capacity, Age of the car, Year of Registration, Add-on options, etc.
How a premium calculator can assist me with my car insurance plan?
The car insurance premium calculator can help you in finding the right premium cost for car insurance plans and IDV offered for the insured car, which is provided by different insurance companies in the market. With this type of information, you can easily opt for an affordable insurance policy and make wise decisions related to car insurance.
Can a premium calculator compute premium only for new cars?
No, the premium calculator calculates and displays the amount of premium and IDV for new as well as old cars.
Which insurance details are to be entered on the car insurance premium calculator?
You need to enter details like make, model and variant of the car, fuel type of the car, RTO location of the car, engine capacity of the car, registration year of the car, and so on, on the premium calculator to get the premium costs provided by different insurance companies.
Where can I use the premium calculator to calculate the premium for my policy?
You can easily get the best premium calculator to reckon the premium amount and IDV for your insurance policy at the official website of InsuranceDekho, i.e., www.insurancedekho.com.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- NOC process in car insurance
Read on to understand all about the NOC process in car insur...27 January 2023
- Does Credit Score Impact Car Insurance?
Credit score is an important factor taken into account by ca...24 January 2023
- KYC Process In Car Insurance
Read on to understand about the KYC process in car insurance...23 January 2023
- Process to Get PUC Online
A Pollution Under Check Certificate or PUC is an important d...20 January 2023
- Reasons for Car Accident in India
Read on to understand about the common reasons for car accid...19 January 2023