- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
What is a Car Insurance Premium Calculator?
A car insurance premium calculator is an online device that helps you know the right insurance premium amount for your car. By entering the car details and No Claim Bonus status of your car, you can attain the customised results from this calculator. Knowing the right premium amount of your car can assist you to choose the premium quote that suits you best.
How to Use a Car Insurance Premium Calculator?
Step 1: Choose your car’s Make, Model, Variant and Fuel Type.
Step 2: Choose your car’s Purchase Year and Registered Location.
Step 3: Convey if you have made any claim against your car insurance in the previous policy term.Step 4: Click the ‘Calculate’ button and find the right IDV and premium amount of your car insurance.
Benefits of Car Insurance Premium Calculator
- Right Insured Declared Value – You can derive the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your car through our car insurance premium calculator. The IDV refers to an amount that you will be eligible to receive against the theft or total loss of your car. Try to achieve the right IDV of your car from your insurer.
- Right Premium - The car insurance premium calculator online helps you calculate the amount that you are required to pay as the car insurance premium.
- Helps in Making Informed Decisions – Right information eases the decision-making process. Hence, the right IDV and premium amount can help you make informed decisions pertaining to car insurance.
- Helps You Choose the Right Policy – It will become easy for you to choose the right premium quote from the available options with the knowledge of the right IDV and the premium amount of your car computed by the premium calculator.
Third Party Car Insurance Premium Rates
Premium To Buy A New Policy (3-Year Plan)
Premium To Renew Existing Policy (1-Year Plan)
Under 1,000 cc
Between 1,000 cc and 1,500 cc
Above 1,500 cc
Premium for Comprehensive and Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Plans
The calculation of premium amount for standalone own-damage and comprehensive car insurance policies is based on several factors like make, model, variant, RTO location, fuel type, engine capacity, age of the car, and so on. Make use of our Premium Calculator and find instant results for the premium amount of your car insurance.
Factors Which Determine Car Insurance Premium
1. Insured Declared Value (IDV) - The IDV refers to the current market value of the car, which the insurance providers are entitled to offer its policyholders as compensation in the case of theft or total loss. The more the IDV will be, the higher the coverage will be, which will ultimately increase the premium amount.
2. Age of the Car - The year of registration of a car also impacts its premium amount. The default depreciation will lessen the value of an old car, which will reduce the compensation amount to be offered by the insurance company. It means old cars are charged with a lower premium cost than the new cars.
3. No Claim Bonus (NCB) - For every claim free year, the insurance company offers a reward in terms of discount to its policyholders starting from 20% off for the first claim-free year and reaches to 50%. It means that the higher NCB will lessen the car insurance premiums.
4. Anti-Theft Devices - cars that have anti-theft devices installed in them are charged with a low amount of premium as they have less chances of being stolen, which reduces the coverage risk on the insurance providers.
5. Engine Cubic Capacity - The high cubic capacity of a car increases its power due to which it can run faster that enhances the risk. Therefore, the insurance companies charge a higher premium from the cars with high cubic capacity like sports cars, etc.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Digit Car Insurance
- Read this article to know the benefits of purchasing a Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance policy.
- Read this article to understand the factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premium at Digit General Insurance.
- Do car accidents affect insurance premium? Does car insurance premium increase after claiming for an accident? Let’s read all about it and find out.
- Pollution under control certificate or PUC certificate that verifies that the emissions exerted from your vehicle are within the permissible level.
- Car Insurance Basics: You must opt for a suitable car insurance policy as per your needs and requirements. Know what is the ideal car insurance covera
Digit Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
144 Digit Cashless Garages in India
Digit Car Insurance Premium Calculator FAQs
Which are the factors that determine the amount of premium of Digit car insurance plans?
Factors that influence the premium amount of a Digit car insurance policy are Insured Declared Value (IDV), Anti-theft Devices, No Claim Bonus (NCB), Engine Cubic Capacity, Age of the car, Year of Registration, Add-on options, etc.
How a premium calculator can assist me with my car insurance plan?
The car insurance premium calculator can help you in finding the right premium cost for car insurance plans and IDV offered for the insured car, which is provided by different insurance companies in the market. With this type of information, you can easily opt for an affordable insurance policy and make wise decisions related to car insurance.
Can a premium calculator compute premium only for new cars?
No, the premium calculator calculates and displays the amount of premium and IDV for new as well as old cars.
Which insurance details are to be entered on the car insurance premium calculator?
You need to enter details like make, model and variant of the car, fuel type of the car, RTO location of the car, engine capacity of the car, registration year of the car, and so on, on the premium calculator to get the premium costs provided by different insurance companies.
Where can I use the premium calculator to calculate the premium for my policy?
You can easily get the best premium calculator to reckon the premium amount and IDV for your insurance policy at the official website of InsuranceDekho, i.e., www.insurancedekho.com.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- Difference Between A Driver's And A Passenger's Co...
Know the difference between a driver's and a passenger's cov...23 May 2022
- Variety Of Car Insurance Plans Provided By Kotak G...
Let's look at the many sorts of automobile insurance policie...23 May 2022
- Advantages Of Cashless Car Insurance
When shopping for vehicle insurance, you should opt for a co...22 May 2022
- When Buying A New Car, Avoid These Blunders.
Buying a car is a big step, but it doesn't have to be terrif...21 May 2022
- Car Insurance Premiums Are Influenced By A Number...
Know how your car insurance premium is affected by a variety...20 May 2022
- The Advantages of Buying HDFC ERGO Car Insurance O...
In the market, HDFC ERGO offers a wide range of products.04 April 2022
- What Should I Do If I Get Into A Car Accident?
Do you want to know what to do if you are involved in a vehi...27 March 2022
- What Is IDV and How Does It Work?
The IDV Calculator is an online tool that determines the mar...30 March 2022
- Some Car Insurance Add-On Covers to Think About
Car insurance add-ons are available from one insurer to the ...02 April 2022
- What Are Some Ways To Save Money On Car Insurance?
How to Save Money on Car Insurance. Read this article to dis...26 March 2022