- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Digit Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Policy
Digit General Insurance offers its customers a standalone own-damage cover. This takes care of the own-damage costs of the policyholder in case of a mishap. Moreover, the cover offers this compensation in a wide variety of situations including theft, vandalism, road accidents, fires, natural and manmade calamities. The standalone own-damage cover is not compulsory however, the protection it offers can make a significant difference in a time of crisis by offering financial stability.
Standalone Own-Damage Insurance V/S Third Party Insurance V/S Comprehensive Insurance
Digit Third Party Insurance
Digit Standalone Own-Damage
Digit Comprehensive Insurance
This type of cover will take care of third party liabilities in the event of a mishap including bodily injuries, death and property damage. The maximum compensation offered for property damage with this cover is Rs 7.5 Lakh.
This type of cover takes care of the own-damage costs of the car in a wide variety of scenarios such as road accidents, theft etc. Additionally, the insurance provider offers NCB for claim-free years.
This type of insurance covers both third party liabilities and own-damage costs under a single premium. Optional personal accident cover is also offered. It is hassle-free and convenient.
Add-on covers cannot be purchased along with third party insurance.
There are a number of add-on covers are available with standalone own-damage covers.
There are several add-on covers offered along with comprehensive plans.
It is the cheapest type of car insurance policy available and provides basic coverage.
It is more expensive than third party insurance. This is because it offers better coverage.
It is the most expensive but offers wider coverage for both own-damage and third party liabilities under a single premium.
What is Covered Under Digit Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
The Digit standalone own-damage car insurance policy covers the following aspects:
- Accidents that occur due to collisions while driving on the road
- Fires or explosions that cause damage to the car
- Car theft
- Damages caused due to a natural or man-made calamity. Eg: floods
What is Not Covered Under Digit Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
The Digit standalone own-damage car insurance policy does not cover the following aspects:
- Electrical or mechanical failures of the car
- Any mishap that somehow involves illegal driving
- General wear and tear of the car
- Mishaps that happen outside the geographical limits of the country
Benefits of Digit Standalone Own-Damage Policy
The following are the benefits of purchasing standalone own-damage insurance from Digit:
- It offers policyholders protection against a wide range of scenarios.
- Policyholders are given No Claim Bonus as a reward for good driving habits every claim-free year.
- You can purchase add-on covers to further strengthen your car insurance policy.
How To Purchase Digit Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
Here are the steps to follow:
Step 1: Visit our website InsuranceDekho and select the ‘car insurance’ tab. A drop down menu will appear select ‘Standalone Own Damage’ from the options visible.
Step 2: Enter the registration number of the car. If you do not have this information with you for some reason you can also enter the car’s make, model and year of registration.
Step 3: Next enter your personal details and select the ‘Submit and Get Quotes’ button.
Step 4: All the quotes for standalone own-damage covers in your category will be visible on the screen. Select the quote offered by Digit General Insurance and select any add-on covers you require as well.
Step 5: Make the payment for your Digit standalone own-damage car insurance policy and the insurance document will be sent to your registered email ID.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Digit Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Digit Car Insurance
- Read this article to know the benefits of purchasing a Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance policy.
- Read this article to understand the factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premium at Digit General Insurance.
- Do car accidents affect insurance premium? Does car insurance premium increase after claiming for an accident? Let’s read all about it and find out.
- Pollution under control certificate or PUC certificate that verifies that the emissions exerted from your vehicle are within the permissible level.
- Car Insurance Basics: You must opt for a suitable car insurance policy as per your needs and requirements. Know what is the ideal car insurance covera
Digit Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
144 Digit Cashless Garages in India
Digit Car Insurance Own-Damage FAQs
What are the various add-ons available with Digit Own Damage insurance?Some of the add-on covers available with Digit own damage insurance are as follows:
- Engine and Gearbox Protection cover
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Consumable Cover
- Tyre Protect Cover
- Passenger Cover
- Return to invoice Cover
- Breakdown Assistance
What all coverage does Digit Own Damage insurance offers to the policyholder?
The own damage cover offers the following protection to the policyholder:
- Theft, burglary and housebreaking
- Accidental damages to the vehicle
- Self ignition, implosions, lightning, fire, and explosions
- Landslide, earthquakes and rockslides.
- Riots, strikes, terrorism attacks, or malicious damage
- Natural calamities such as typhoons, cyclones, floods, etc.
- Vehicle transit by road, inland waterways, rail or air.
What all factors are responsible for Digit Own Damage Premium calculation?
The premium is calculated based upon the following factors:
- Insured declared value of the car
- Cubic capacity of the engine
- Geographical zone
- Type, make and age of the insured car
Who is eligible to purchase Digit Own Damage insurance?
Any individual who has an active and valid third party car insurance plan is allowed to purchase a standalone own damage insurance plan to ensure protection against damages or losses sustained by their own car due to any accident or mishap.
Is purchasing an Own Damage cover necessary?
No, purchasing an own damage insurance cover for your car is not necessary. According to the Indian Motor Tariff Act, it is compulsory to purchase a valid third party insurance plan for all the vehicles driving on public roads in India.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- What Is The Best Way To Renew A Low-Cost Car Insur...
To keep your automobile safe and secure, you must obtain car...07 July 2022
- What Is the Difference Between Third-Party and Own...
Two-Wheeler Insurance: Own-Damage vs. Third-Party. To learn ...07 July 2022
- Here Are Some Recommendations For Reducing Vehicul...
During the smog season, be aware of these strategies for red...06 July 2022
- In India, Why And How Is A Car Insurance Backgrou...
Motorists benefit from car insurance since it financially pr...06 July 2022
- When buying a Tata AIG car insurance policy, avoid...
Car insurance is not difficult to obtain. You should get aut...05 July 2022
- How Do I Get an Online Car Pollution Certificate?
The Pollution Under Control Certificate, or PUC certificate,...16 May 2022
- What is a Cashless Car Insurance Policy, And How D...
The cashless auto insurance function is quite helpful in the...14 May 2022
- Suggestions for Increasing Bike Fuel Efficiency
Check out the 10 tried-and-true tips below if you've ever wo...13 May 2022
- What You Should Know About Total Loss Car Insuranc...
"Total loss" in car insurance is one such word that might be...09 May 2022
- What Is The Procedure For Paying Shriram General I...
Shriram General Insurance provides a variety of renewal paym...18 May 2022