- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Digit Car Insurance Policy Document
A car insurance policy document is a formal agreement between an individual and an insurance company. The document serves as legal proof of car insurance that the insured person can avail in the future for different purposes. The policy document holds car insurance details that the insurance provider is providing to a policyholder in terms of coverage against expenses that arise due to a collision or a mishap. It is a compulsion for all car owners to carry a car insurance policy document either in hard copy or soft copy.
When anyone purchases a car insurance plan from the Digit insurance company, the policy document is sent by the company to the policyholder’s registered address within a few days as a token of purchase receipt. The car insurance policy document is an important document required for claim settlement, therefore, it is recommended that all policyholders should go through it thoroughly before purchase. Here are some salient components of a car insurance plan that one should look through:
- Type of policy
- Term of policy
- Policy number
- Premium and IDV
- Features and benefits
- Exclusions of policy
- Terms and conditions
- Personal and car details
- Grievance redressal process
How to Download Digit Car Insurance Policy Online Using Policy Number?
Below are some steps following which you can download the Digit car insurance policy document using the policy number:
- Visit the website of Digit Insurance and select the ‘Support’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Download Policy’ option. It will redirect you to the download policy page that will help you get the policy through WhatsApp.
- You will have to send a ‘Hi’ on Digit Self-Serve WhatsApp number 70260 61234 from your registered mobile number only.
- You will get back a message to select how you wish us to help you from different service options. You will have to Reply ‘3’ to the same chat.
- The soft copy of the Digit car insurance policy document will be downloaded within a few minutes.
- You can also write an email to email@example.com stating your policy number to get the car insurance policy document directly to your email address.
Do I Need a Hard Copy of the Digit Car Insurance Policy Document?
As per the Indian Motor Tariff, every car owner needs to carry a car insurance plan while driving his or her car. However, an e-Vahan Bima application has been introduced by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) which allows policyholders to drive their cars without carrying an original or duplicate hard copy of the insurance policy. The application holds a QR code feature that attains policy details that rules out the compulsion to hold a policy in hard copy.
How to Get a Hard Copy of Digit Car Insurance Policy?
Digit General Insurance generally sends the hard copy of the car insurance policy document after the plan purchase to the policyholder’s registered address. But, if somehow the policy gets lost or was bought online, then policyholders can download the policy document through the WhatsApp application by sending your request to the insurance company or writing an email to them. The policy is downloaded in PDF format. You can take the printout of that and can use it accordingly.
If you find any trouble in getting the car insurance policy document, you can always get in touch with the customer care team of Digit insurance by calling their toll-free number 1800-103-4448. In such a situation, you can also contact the customer support staff of the InsuranceDekho by calling at 7551-196-989.
How Can I Make Changes In My Digit Car Insurance Policy Document?
Since a car insurance policy document attains the legal stature, therefore, false information should not be entered into it. If somehow incorrect details are entered in it, then they must be rectified at the earliest. With Digit Insurance, you can make changes in your car insurance policy document digitally by visiting the Digit website and selecting the ‘Edit Policy’ option under the ‘Support’ tab. You can enter your registered mobile number or can sign in by entering the registration or policy number with the last 5 digits of the engine number or chassis number. You can also make a call to the customer service team of Digit insurance to make changes to your policy document.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Digit Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Digit Car Insurance
- Read this article to know the benefits of purchasing a Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance policy.
- Read this article to understand the factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premium at Digit General Insurance.
- Do car accidents affect insurance premium? Does car insurance premium increase after claiming for an accident? Let’s read all about it and find out.
- Pollution under control certificate or PUC certificate that verifies that the emissions exerted from your vehicle are within the permissible level.
- Car Insurance Basics: You must opt for a suitable car insurance policy as per your needs and requirements. Know what is the ideal car insurance covera
Digit Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
144 Digit Cashless Garages in India
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- In India, Why And How Is A Car Insurance Backgroun...
Motorists benefit from car insurance since it financially p...28 May 2022
- Renewal of Vehicle Insurance in 5 Easy Steps
Are you thinking of renewing your insurance policy? In 5 sim...27 May 2022
- Is It Possible To Include Your GST Number In Your...
Is it possible to include your GST number in your car insura...27 May 2022
- Everything You Need to Know About Car Insurance's...
Here's everything you need to know about vehicle insurance'...26 May 2022
- Why Should You Purchase Long-Term Car Insurance?
Long-term or multi-year car insurance policies allow policyh...26 May 2022
- The Advantages of Buying HDFC ERGO Car Insurance O...
In the market, HDFC ERGO offers a wide range of products.04 April 2022
- What Is IDV and How Does It Work?
The IDV Calculator is an online tool that determines the mar...30 March 2022
- Some Car Insurance Add-On Covers to Think About
Car insurance add-ons are available from one insurer to the ...02 April 2022
- CNG Kit Installation: Everything You Need to Know
Before you install a CNG kit in your vehicle, there are seve...31 March 2022
- IDV In Automobile Insurance: The Fundamentals
Purchasing auto insurance is a long-term commitment.07 April 2022