- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Digit Car Insurance Add-On Covers
Add-on covers help enhance the coverage and protection of your car against uncertainties for an extra premium. Digit General Insurance offers a wide range of add-on covers that can be easily availed with a comprehensive car insurance policy. Although purchasing add-on covers is not mandatory while opting for them with a standard comprehensive policy is highly recommended.
Digit - 7 Important Add-on Covers For Your Car Insurance Policy
1. Consumable Cover
Consumables like AC gas, screw, engine oil, nut, etc are covered under this add-on. This cover also indemnifies replacement costs of the consumables based on the assessed damage.
2. Zero/Nil Depreciation cover
This add-on bears the depreciation and replacement expenses of parts of your car damaged in any mishap. It gives you the depreciation amount based on the assessed damaged parts which are only applicable in the event of partial loss of your vehicle. Zero Depreciation cover also allows policyholders to enjoy higher claims during claim settlements as it exempts them from bearing the liability of depreciation of their car.
3. Engine And Gear Box Protect
This add-on is intended to cover the internal engine parts or gearbox if they suffer damage or require repairs due to water ingression, leakage of lubricating oil as well as undercarriage damage.
4. Breakdown Assistance
Under this add-on cover you will be given protection if your car has a flat battery, vehicle keys are lost, flat tyre, minor repairs, medical-coordination in case of an accident, fuel assistance as well as taxi and accommodation benefits during car breakdown.
5. Car Tyre Protect
Purchasing the Tire Protection add-on cover means that the company will reimburse the cost of replacing a damaged tyre, labour charges for refitting of the tyre as well as charges towards wheel balancing.
6. Return To Invoice
In case your vehicle is stolen or completely damaged, this add-on cover will refund the cost for a new vehicle with an identical or almost equivalent model, features and specification of the insured vehicle. If such an equivalent vehicle is not available then you will be reimbursed to 105% of the cost of the insured vehicle.
7. Daily Conveyance Benefit
This add-on cover will compensate for your transportation cost when the insured car is not available during the repair period. They will provide a standby vehicle, or a fixed allowance per day or provide coupons from cab booking apps.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Digit Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Digit Car Insurance
- Read this article to know the benefits of purchasing a Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance policy.
- Read this article to understand the factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premium at Digit General Insurance.
- Do car accidents affect insurance premium? Does car insurance premium increase after claiming for an accident? Let’s read all about it and find out.
- Pollution under control certificate or PUC certificate that verifies that the emissions exerted from your vehicle are within the permissible level.
- Car Insurance Basics: You must opt for a suitable car insurance policy as per your needs and requirements. Know what is the ideal car insurance covera
Digit Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
144 Digit Cashless Garages in India
Digit Car Insurance Add-On Cover FAQs
What type of add-on covers are provided by Digit car insurance plans?
Digit car insurance plans are available with different add-on covers which comprise consumable cover, zero depreciation cover, breakdown assistance cover, return to invoice cover, engine and gearbox protection, car tyre protection cover, and daily conveyance benefit.
When can I opt for the add-on covers to include in my car insurance policy?
You can purchase an add-on cover either during the time of car insurance policy purchase or renewal of your car insurance policy.
Is it mandatory to buy the add-on covers for the car insurance policy?
No, it is not compulsory to purchase an add-on cover and to include it in your car insurance policy. It is designed to increase the coverage of your insurance plan, hence, if you feel that your insurance plan’s coverage is less, then only you should choose an add-on cover.
Do I need to pay more to include an add-on cover in my insurance plan?
Yes, you will have to pay for an additional premium cost, in addition to the premium for your base plan coverage, to buy and avail an add-on insurance cover.
Is there any limit to include add-on covers in the car insurance policy?
No, there is no limit specified to add add-on covers in the car insurance policy and you can opt for as many add-on covers as you wish.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- Everything You Need to Know About Car Insurance's...
Here's everything you need to know about vehicle insurance'...26 May 2022
- Why Should You Purchase Long-Term Car Insurance?
Long-term or multi-year car insurance policies allow policyh...26 May 2022
- What You Should Know About Total Loss Car Insuranc...
Continue reading to learn about total loss car insurance cla...25 May 2022
- How Do I Renew My Car Insurance Policy Immediately...
How do I Immediately renew my car insurance policy? To learn...25 May 2022
- Why and How is a Car Insurance Background Check Pe...
Motorists benefit from car insurance since it financially pr...24 May 2022
- The Advantages of Buying HDFC ERGO Car Insurance O...
In the market, HDFC ERGO offers a wide range of products.04 April 2022
- What Is IDV and How Does It Work?
The IDV Calculator is an online tool that determines the mar...30 March 2022
- Some Car Insurance Add-On Covers to Think About
Car insurance add-ons are available from one insurer to the ...02 April 2022
- Changing Car Insurance: A Step-by-Step Guide
It might be an expensive error to keep paying your vehicle i...28 March 2022
- CNG Kit Installation: Everything You Need to Know
Before you install a CNG kit in your vehicle, there are seve...31 March 2022