- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Digit Car Insurance Renewal
It is vital for the policyholders to renew their car insurance policies before they get expired to continue to benefit from the policy coverage of their vehicles. Digit General Insurance offers a quick and convenient car insurance renewal process that does not require the submission of extra documents. Over 30 lakh policyholders switched to Digit General Insurance and the renewal can be done both online and offline.
Digit Car Insurance Policy Renewal - Online Process
Step 1 - Visit the official Digit car insurance website. As soon as the website opens, you will find a short renewal form on the right-hand side of the homepage.
Step 2 - Enter the required details - the model, variant and registration number of your vehicle, the city your car is being driven in along with your mobile number. Verify the details before clicking on ‘Renew Car Insurance.'
Step 3 - Carefully examine all the necessary policy details along with the applicable terms and conditions before making the payment. The renewal fee can be paid via debit card/credit card or other Net banking facilities.
Step 1 - Visit the official website of Digit General Insurance. Then click on the ‘Renewal’ tab present on the homepage.
Step 2 - You can either enter your registered mobile number in order to log in or you can click on ‘Policy Details’ right below the log-in tab and enter your Registration / Policy Number along with the last 5 digits of the engine number or punch in your Chassis Number.
Step 3 - Follow the instructions given by the website and carefully examine the policy details and premium options before proceeding with payment. Digit car insurance renewal fee can be paid using online payment tools like debit cards/credit cards or other Net banking facilities.
Digit Car Insurance Renewal - Offline Process
When it comes to Digit car insurance policy renewal, you can make it happen through an offline method as well. You can get the policy renewed by two methods, one of which is to visit the branch office of your insurance company and the other is to contact your insurer by calling their helpline number.
You can make a visit to the nearest Digit General Insurance branch to seek the policy renewal of your car insurance policy. You can make the payment for renewal in cash, cheque, or bank drafts at the branch office of your insurance company. But, if you do not want to visit your insurer’s branch, then you can also get in touch with them by calling the Digit General Insurance toll-free number 1800-258-5956.
Digit Car Insurance Renewal Benefits
Here are the benefits of getting your Digit car insurance policy renewed on time:
1. No Claim Bonus: No Claim Bonus is a kind of reward which is provided to policyholders by the insurance companies for making no claim in a policy year. This benefit rises over the years if policyholders raise no car insurance claim every year. The accumulated bonus gives the policyholder a discount on the next years’ policy premium during the policy renewal. If the policy is not renewed, you can lose this benefit, hence, it is a huge benefit of policy renewal.
2. Reduces the Penalty: Since it is a compulsion for every car owner to hold a car insurance policy while driving, hence, renewal of the policy saves you from the penalty which you may have to bear if caught driving without a valid insurance policy.
3. Financial Coverage: The car insurance plan is designed with the purpose to protect yourself from various unfortunate expenses which might arise due to minor or major accidents. The insurance company gives coverage for only active plans, therefore, if you do not renew your car insurance plan timely, it can lapse your policy and you may not get the coverage for damage or loss sustained by your insured car.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Digit Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Digit Car Insurance
- Read this article to know the benefits of purchasing a Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance policy.
- Read this article to understand the factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premium at Digit General Insurance.
- Do car accidents affect insurance premium? Does car insurance premium increase after claiming for an accident? Let’s read all about it and find out.
- Pollution under control certificate or PUC certificate that verifies that the emissions exerted from your vehicle are within the permissible level.
- Car Insurance Basics: You must opt for a suitable car insurance policy as per your needs and requirements. Know what is the ideal car insurance covera
Digit Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
144 Digit Cashless Garages in India
Digit Car Insurance Renewal FAQs
What factors should I consider before renewing my policy?
You should consider the following factors at the time of renewing your car insurance policy:
- claim settlement ratio
- Customer assistance service
- Cashless garage network
- Insurance premium price
Will I be able to retain my NCB if I migrate from a different insurer to Digit General Insurance?
Yes, you can enjoy the benefits of NCB (No Claim Bonus) while renewing your policy after migrating from a different insurance company. Digit offers NCB discounts based on your track record with past insurers.
In order to transfer my policy from my previous insurer, will I have to submit all my documents to Digit at the time of renewal?Digit General Insurance believes in zero to minimal paperwork policy. Therefore, no documents are required at the time of renewal. You just need to provide the required details and you are done.
How do I get the documents of the policy if I opt for the offline process?
In case you opt for the offline process to renew the Digit car insurance policy, the documents will be sent to you via courier at the address given in your details within a few days.
Can I renew my insurance plan if I do not have the documents at the time of renewal?
Yes, you can renew the Digit car insurance policy even if you don’t have the documents at the time of renewal. You just need to give the registration number of the car to renew your policy.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- In India, Why And How Is A Car Insurance Backgroun...
Motorists benefit from car insurance since it financially p...28 May 2022
- Renewal of Vehicle Insurance in 5 Easy Steps
Are you thinking of renewing your insurance policy? In 5 sim...27 May 2022
- Is It Possible To Include Your GST Number In Your...
Is it possible to include your GST number in your car insura...27 May 2022
- Everything You Need to Know About Car Insurance's...
Here's everything you need to know about vehicle insurance'...26 May 2022
- Why Should You Purchase Long-Term Car Insurance?
Long-term or multi-year car insurance policies allow policyh...26 May 2022
- The Advantages of Buying HDFC ERGO Car Insurance O...
In the market, HDFC ERGO offers a wide range of products.04 April 2022
- What Is IDV and How Does It Work?
The IDV Calculator is an online tool that determines the mar...30 March 2022
- Some Car Insurance Add-On Covers to Think About
Car insurance add-ons are available from one insurer to the ...02 April 2022
- CNG Kit Installation: Everything You Need to Know
Before you install a CNG kit in your vehicle, there are seve...31 March 2022
- IDV In Automobile Insurance: The Fundamentals
Purchasing auto insurance is a long-term commitment.07 April 2022