How To Claim NCB On New Oriental Car Insurance Policy?
Read this article to understand how you can claim your No Claim Bonus for Car insurance with New Oriental General Insurance.
It is very important to drive safely on Indian roads to reduce the number of accidents and casualties. In order to ensure this, new rules are implemented to cater to safety and in accordance with this, car insurance has become a must-have. The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 has made it a mandate car owners to have a car insurance policy. On buying car insurance, policyholders can take advantage of benefits like NCB or the No Claim Bonus. Read this article to understand how you can claim your No Claim Bonus for Car insurance with Oriental General Insurance, which is one of the leading car insurance companies in India.
How To Raise Claim NCB On New Car Oriental Car Insurance
Before diving into detailed steps for raising a claim on New Car Oriental Car Insurance, let’s first understand what NCB is and also about the Oriental Car Insurance company.
What Is NCB?
No Claim Bonus or NCB is a benefit that is given to car insurance policyholders in case they do not raise any claim. This means that if the policyholder does not raise any claim in the first year, they will be provided with a discount on their premium amount. The discount is predetermined by the insurance company and may vary from one company to another.
About New Car Oriental Car Insurance
The Oriental Car Insurance Company, founded in September 1947, is one of India's largest general insurance companies that provides a range of insurance products. It also offers a number of car insurance plans such as comprehensive car insurance plans and third-party car insurance plans.
Claiming No Claim Bonus On Oriental Car Insurance
No Claim Bonus benefit is entitled to the insurance buyer and thus this benefit is not transferred to anyone else. Now, in case you are buying a new car insurance plan with Oriental Car Insurance, then you must claim the earned No Claim Bonus in the following manner:
- Ask your previous insurance company to transfer your NCB and issue a letter for the same.
- Then claim the earned No Claim Bonus at Oriental Car Insurance by submitting the NCB certificate. After verification, the NCB will be transferred on your name.
Things To Remember While Claiming No Claim Bonus
Listed below are a few things to keep in mind while claiming NCB:
- NCB is only available on comprehensive car insurance plans and not other types.
- To keep your NCB intact, try to pay for the minor damage yourself rather than raising claims on the insurance company's website.
- Whenever you buy a new vehicle or an insurance policy, you can easily get NCB transferred.
- The maximum discount offered as an NCB goes up to 50%.
- There is an add-on option, NCB protector that keeps your NCB intact even if you have raised a claim. However, including such add-ons to your car insurance plan generally increases the car insurance premium.
When you are purchasing a new car insurance policy, you must always make sure to select a policy that suits your budget along with providing adequate coverage. Thus, make sure to utilise your NCB to buy a policy that offers you optimum coverage with Oriental Car Insurance.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.