- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
New India Car Insurance Add on Covers
New India Assurance helps you extend the coverage of your standard car insurance policy with its add-on covers. Add-ons are extra coverages which enhance the basic coverage of your plan in return of an additional premium.
New India - 6 Important Add-on Covers For Your Car Insurance Policy
These car insurance add-ons can be availed with New India Assurance comprehensive and standalone car insurance plans:
1. Enhancement Cover/Zero Depreciation Cover
This cover insures you against the depreciation applicable on your car and its plastic and metal parts at 100% except tyres, tubes and batteries which are covered at 50%. This cover helps you receive a higher claim amount by freeing you from the liability of bearing depreciation expense.
2. Engine Protection Cover
The engine and gearbox of your car is not insured by default under a standard car insurance plan. Thus, this add-on helps you get the engine and its parts along with the gearbox insured against damages caused by oil leakages and ingress of water. This add-on is available for cars not more than 5 years of age.
3. No Claim Bonus Protection Cover
No Claim Bonus refers to the reward which you get for not making even a single claim during the entire period of your car insurance plan. This reward ranges from 20% to 50% of your own-damage premium and is available to you at the time of renewal. However, if you make even a single claim, this reward is lost. This is where the No Claim Bonus Protection Cover comes useful. It helps you protect your NCB reward even after you make up to claim during the policy period. This add-on is available for cars aged up to 7 years.
4. Road Tax Cover
In cases of theft of your car as well as constructive total loss (when the damage is more than 70%) this add-on helps you get the Road Tax charges on the replacement of your car. The cover is for cars aged up to 5 years.
5. Return to Invoice Cover
This cover helps you get the Invoice Price of your car as compensation instead of the Insured Declared Value (IDV) in case of the total loss and theft of your car. The invoice price refers to the amount which you paid at the time of purchasing your car. It includes the ex-showroom price of your car, road-tax and the registration charges of your car. This add-on cover is available for cars with invoice price not exceeding Rs. 20 lakh and cars which are not more than 3 years of age.
6. Personal Belongings Cover
This add-on insures you against the loss or damage incurred to the personal belongings kept in the car at the time of theft or any mishap of the car. The coverage under this add-on is limited to Rs. 20,000 with an additional 20% of the sum insured i.e. Rs. 4,000 for each item or the actual price, whichever is lesser. This add-on is available for cars aged up to 7 years.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying New India Car Insurance
- This article debunks the top five myths regarding vehicle insurance.
- Read this article to know why New India is an ideal choice for purchasing car insurance.
- Read this article to understand how modifying your car can affect your New India Car Insurance Policy.
- What is zero depreciation cover? What are the benefits of zero depreciation add on cover? Read along to know more about zero depreciation insurance.
- What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into the details of this feature of cashless insurance.
New India Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
New India Car Insurance Add-On Cover FAQs
Which add-on covers are provided by New India for its car insurance plans?
Various add-on covers are offered by the New India car insurance add-on cover such as Zero Depreciation Cover, Engine Protection Cover, No Claim Bonus Protection Cover, Road Tax Cover, Return to Invoice Cover, and Personal Belonging Cover.
Is it necessary to buy an add-on insurance cover?
No, it is not compulsory to include an add-on cover in your car insurance policy and it is purely up to you for an add-on cover or not.
Will I have to pay for an additional amount to buy an add-on cover?
Yes, you will have to pay for an additional amount of premium to include an add-on cover in your car insurance plan along with the premium of your base policy.
When can I purchase the New India car insurance add-on covers?
You can buy the add-on covers either at the time of car insurance policy purchase or during the car insurance policy renewal process.
How many add-on covers can I opt for at a time?
You can purchase as many add-on covers as you want to include in your car insurance plan at a time based on your budget and needs.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- The Regional Transport Office's Function
Learn everything you need to know about regional transport o...24 June 2022
- Renewal Of A Car Insurance Policy - How to Do It a...
Every automobile insurance policy has a period of validity a...23 June 2022
- How Can I Easily Find Car Insurance Information Us...
Learn how to find car insurance information using your regis...23 June 2022
- Renewal of a Car Insurance Policy - How to Do It a...
All about the renewal of the car policy and how to do it.22 June 2022
- Car Theft? Here's How To File A Claim:
If your vehicle is stolen, you must file a claim to be compe...22 June 2022
- Myths about Car Insurance and the Fact
This article debunks the top five myths regarding vehicle in...29 April 2022
- How Does India's E-Challan System Work
With the advancement of technology, traffic infringement law...28 April 2022
- How Do I Get an Online Car Pollution Certificate?
The Pollution Under Control Certificate, or PUC certificate,...16 May 2022
- Total Loss in Car Insurance: Everything You Need t...
Learn everything there is to know about the total loss in au...29 April 2022
- 10 Ways To Save Money On Car Insurance
Let’s discuss some tricks on how to get the best deal on you...06 May 2022