- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Universal Sompo Car Insurance Add on Covers
Car insurance add-ons are the extra coverages available with standalone own-damage and comprehensive car insurance plans to extend the standard coverage. The add-ons are available against an extra premium but help significantly to get those parts of the car or get assistance which is not provided by default under a car insurance plan.
Universal Sompo - 8 Important Add-on Covers For Your Car Insurance Policy
1. Nil Depreciation Cover
By default the liability to bear the depreciation applicable on the car and its parts falls on the car owner. However, by opting for this add-on, you shift this liability of depreciation to the insurer. Under this add-on, depreciation on your car and all its parts is covered at 100% except tyres, tubes and batteries which are covered at 50%. Two zero depreciation claims are allowed during a policy period.
2. Return to Invoice Cover
In cases of total loss and theft of the car, insurers provide the insured with the IDV of the car. However, when you opt for this add-on, Universal Sompo General Insurance will reimburse you the total cost of your car, i.e, the one mentioned in the car’s invoice. The invoice price includes road tax, registration charges, custom duty (if any) in addition to the IDV.
3. Daily Cash Allowance Cover
If you opt for this add-on, the insurer will provide you with a cash benefit till the time your car is under repairs at one of its authorized garages.
4. Key Replacement Cover
This add-on helps you get compensated for the cost of obtaining a new key in case your car key gets stolen or lost.
5. RoadSide Assistance Cover
This add-on helps you get emergency assistance from the insurance when you get stranded due to a mechanical or electrical breakdown, flat tyre, dead battery, insufficient fuel, accident of your car.
6. Consumables Cover
This add-on helps you get compensated for the consumables of your car like nuts and bolts, oil filter, engine oil, screws, grease, etc.
7. Engine Protect Cover
By default, the engine and gearbox are not insured under a standard plan. However, when you opt for this add-on you get the car’s engine, its parts and the gearbox insured against water damage as well as oil leakages.
8. NCB Protect Cover
No Claim Bonus is the reward which is available to you for not making even a single claim during the entire policy period. However, you can lose your NCB if you make even a single claim. However, an NCB Protect helps you keep your NCB intact even if you make a claim during the policy period.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Universal Sompo Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Universal Sompo Car Insurance
- Go through this article to take a note of the things that you should consider while buying car insurance.
- Universal Sompo is a leading firm that provides affordable and customized car insurance plans. Read to know about Universal Sompo Car Insurance plans.
- What is a PUC certificate for car? PUC stands for Pollution Under Control. A mandatory certificate of PUC is granted to a car owner. Read more.
Universal Sompo Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
502 Universal Sompo Cashless Garages in India
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- IRDAI Fixes Latest Premiums For Third-party Bike A...
IRDAI has fixed latest premium for both car and bike insuran...21 November 2022
- Is Tree Falling On Car Covered By Insurance?
Will you be compensated by your car insurance provider if a ...21 November 2022
- Do Sports Cars Cost Higher Insurance Premium?
Know more about sports car insurance having high premiums.18 November 2022
- Key Car Insurance Terms You Should Know About
According to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, it is mandatory...15 November 2022
- Is animal attack covered under car insurance?
Animals might be difficult to avoid since they can suddenly ...10 November 2022
- How To Check Car Insurance Expiry Date?
Checking the status and expiry date of your car insurance ca...30 September 2022
- Is Third Party Insurance Enough For Car?
There is a lot of confusion about whether the third party in...03 October 2022
- Does The Colour Of Your Car Affect Your Insurance ...
Interestingly, the colour of your car will affect your insur...07 October 2022
- How To Check Car Insurance Validity Online?
You can find information such as the accident vehicle's hist...17 October 2022
- Is It Compulsory To Buy Insurance From Car Dealer...
When purchasing an insurance coverage, it's common to have s...18 October 2022