- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Kotak Car Insurance Add on Covers
Kotak General Insurance is a well-known naming in the car insurance industry. It offers a wide variety of add-on covers with its car insurance plans. These add-ons help you extend the basic coverage of your policy.
Kotak - 9 Important Add-on Covers For Your Car Insurance Policy
These extra covers are available with both Kotak Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy as well as Kotak Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Plan. Below are the add-on covers offered by Kotak General Insurance:
1. Zero Depreciation Cover
This add-on cover exempts you from bearing the depreciation expense applicable on your car and its parts. All metal and plastic parts are covered against depreciation at 100% except tyres, tubes and batteries which are covered at 50% under this cover. This is a great add-on as depreciation expense of replaced or repaired parts often ends up to be hefty.
2. Consumables Cover
This cover insures you against the expenses incurred on replenishment of consumables like, screws, nuts, bolts, oil filter, etc. The cost of replenishment of consumables is by default not covered under a car insurance policy, however, this add-on provides you that coverage.
3. Engine Protect
This add-on helps you keep your car’s engine and gearbox you against damages caused due to ingression of water and/or leakage of lubricants.
4. Return to Invoice
In case of constructive total loss (CTL) or theft of your car, the insurer provides you with the you Declared Value (IDV) which is lower than the invoice price which you had actually paid for your car. However, when you opt for this cover, the insurer provides you with the invoice price i.e ex-showroom price + road tax + registration charges, in the event of theft or total loss of your car.
5. Roadside Assistance Cover
Under this add-on cover, the insurer promises to provide you the following emergency roadside assistance to you in case your car suffers a mechanical damage or any other damage in the middle of nowhere:
- Towing Service: If your car breaks down and becomes immobilized in the middle of a road or at your home, the insurer will arrange for towing services to the nearest garage within a radius of 50 kms from the location of the breakdown / accident.
- Battery jump start: If your car gets immobilized due to a run-down battery, the insurer will send a technician to jump start your car. However, all cost of charging/ replacement of battery would be borne by you and the insurer shall only be liable for all labour and conveyance costs towards battery jump start assistance.
- Supply of fuel: In the event of the your car being immobilized due to emptying of its fuel tank, the insurer will arrange for supply of up to 5 liters of fuel, at the location of the breakdown.
- Emptying of fuel tank: If the fuel tank of your car gets filled with an incompatible fuel, the insurer will arrange for emptying of the fuel tank by sending a technician. If necessary, the insurer would also arrange for towing your car to the nearest garage for the purpose of emptying the fuel tank.
- Flat Tyre(s): If case of a flat tyre or a punctured tyre, the insurer will send a technician to the spot who will change the tyre. However, for this, a spare tyre must be present with you.
- Breakdown support over phone: In cases of minor mechanical faults, the insurer will provide you with telephonic assistance.
- Arrangement of keys: The insurer will arrange for pickup and delivery of the spare keys of your car in case your car key gets lost or misplaced.
- Message Relay: IIn case of breakdown of your car, if you need to send any message to persons specified by you, the insurer will make arrangements for the delivery of such communication.
6. Key Replacement Cover
Under this add-on, the insurer promises to bear the cost of repair / replacement of your car key(s), including labor cost, if the key(s) of your car are lost / stolen or damaged.
7. Tyre Cover
Under this add-on, the insurer will bear the cost of repair and / or replacement of tyres and tubes of your car. However, this add-on is not applicable in case of manufacturing defect, chemical or atmospheric damages.
8. Personal Belongings Cover
This add-on insurers you against the cost of personal belongings lost from your car.
9. NCB Protect
No Claim Bonus is the discount which you get on the own-damage premium of your car at the time of renewal in return of not making any claim during the entire policy period. However, even 1 claim can result in forfeiture of this discount. However, if you opt for a NCB Protect, then you can keep your NCB intact even after making a claim during the policy period. This is a great add-on as the NCB amount is huge ranging between 20% to 50% of your own-damage premium, depending on the number of claim-free years.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Kotak Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Kotak Car Insurance
- Let's look at the many sorts of car insurance policies available in India which are offered by Kotak General Insurance.
- Read this article to know what all factors affect the premium of Kotak General Insurance.
- Read this article to find out reasons why you need to buy your car insurance from Kotak Mahindra General Insurance.
- Want to know RTO rules for imported vehicles? Let’s read all about these in order to be aware of what needs to be done to import a foreign vehicle in
- Autonomous vehicles may get you excited with each new car being launched. Let’s take a look to know reasons why you need Insurance for Autonomous cars
Kotak Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
209 Kotak Cashless Garages in India
Kotak Car Insurance Add-On Cover FAQs
How many add-on covers for car insurance are offered by Kotak?
Kotak General Insurance provides a range of add-on covers which comprise Zero Depreciation Cover, Consumables Cover, Engine Protect, Return to Invoice, Roadside Assistance Cover, Key Replacement Cover, Tyre Cover, Personal Belongings Cover, and NCB Protect.,
Will I have to pay more to opt for add-on covers?
Yes, you will have to pay an additional premium for the add-on covers in addition to the premium of your base insurance cover.
Is it compulsory to add an add-on cover in the car insurance policy?
No, owning an add-on cover in your car insurance policy is not compulsory. It is an optional benefit that you can use to enhance the coverage of your car insurance cover.
When can I purchase the Kotak car insurance add-on covers?
You can buy the car insurance add-on covers either at the time of policy purchase or during the policy renewal process.
How many add-on covers can I buy at a time?
There is no limit to opt for add-on covers. It means you can add as many add-on covers as you wish at a time in your car insurance policy.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- IRDAI Fixes Latest Premiums For Third-party Bike A...
IRDAI has fixed latest premium for both car and bike insuran...21 November 2022
- Is Tree Falling On Car Covered By Insurance?
Will you be compensated by your car insurance provider if a ...21 November 2022
- Do Sports Cars Cost Higher Insurance Premium?
Know more about sports car insurance having high premiums.18 November 2022
- Key Car Insurance Terms You Should Know About
According to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, it is mandatory...15 November 2022
- Is animal attack covered under car insurance?
Animals might be difficult to avoid since they can suddenly ...10 November 2022
- How To Check Car Insurance Validity Online?
You can find information such as the accident vehicle's hist...17 October 2022
- Does The Colour Of Your Car Affect Your Insurance ...
Interestingly, the colour of your car will affect your insur...07 October 2022
- Is It Compulsory To Buy Insurance From Car Dealer...
When purchasing an insurance coverage, it's common to have s...18 October 2022
- How Much Does A Claim Affect Car Insurance?
How does making a car insurance claim affects the premium fo...03 November 2022
- How To Get Better Car Insurance Rates?
Your premium is determined by a number of variables, includi...21 October 2022