Comprehensive Car Insurance
The comprehensive car insurance plan is the complete insurance cover that offers coverage for the third party as well as own damage. It also allows policyholders to add a few add-on covers to expand its coverage. It is the costliest plan due to its extensive cover, but still the most recommended policy.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Comprehensive Car Insurance Plans
- CASHLESS GARAGES 6,800
- CLAIMS SETTLED 89%
- ZERO DEP. CLAIMS UNLIMITED
- Maximum Cashless Garages
- Over Night Vehicle Repairs
- 24x7 Roadside Assistance
- Quick Claim Settlement
- CASHLESS GARAGES 3,100
- CLAIMS SETTLED 95%
- COMPREHENSIVE CLAIMS UNLIMITED
- Towing Assistance (For Accidents)
- Coverage Outside India
- PSU Provider
- Quick Claim Settlement
What Is Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy Coverage?
A comprehensive car insurance is a plan package that offers coverage for the loss and damage sustained by both parties involved in the accident/mishap. It includes comprehensive insurance coverage for the damages incurred by the insured vehicle/car as well as third-party liabilities. It is an all-inclusive comprehensive insurance coverage plan.
Policyholders can enhance the coverage of the policy with the help of a number of add-on covers such as zero depreciation cover, NCB cover, Bi-fuel kit cover etc., which are available with it. Although a comprehensive car insurance policy is not mandatory by law unlike a third party only car insurance policy, it is nonetheless recommended.
What are the Features of Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
Below mentioned are some key features of a comprehensive car insurance policy:
- Provides compensation for third party liabilities arising due to an accident caused by the policyholder/driver of the insured car.
- Compensation for the damages sustained by the insured vehicle is provided under the policy.
- Personal Accident cover for the policyholder/driver is offered under the policy.
- Provides coverage for third party liabilities and eliminates the need to purchase a third party insurance policy separately to insure the vehicle.
- Various add-on covers are available under the policy. You can opt for add-on cover to enhance the coverage offered under the comprehensive car insurance policy.
Savings & Affordable Premiums
Get up to 75% discount on car insurance
Our claim experts across India ensure an easy and quick claim process for you"
Get cashless repair services at over 7500+ network garages
Damages to third-party
Damages to a third party or third-party property are covered
Own Damage Cover
Get coverage against accidents, man-made disasters, and natural disasters
Customizable with Add-ons
Enhance the coverage offered under comprehensive policy with add-ons such as engine protection, zero depreciation, consumables cover, key loss, etc.
No Claim Bonus (NCB)
Get up to 50% discount on car insurance premiums after 5 consecutive claim-free years
Buy/Renew Car insurance Online
Buy or renew comprehensive car insurance online in an easy way with us
What Is Covered in Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
Below mentioned are some things which are covered under a comprehensive car insurance policy:
- Theft of the insured vehicle
- Own damages incurred by the insured vehicle in any road accident, natural/man-made calamity, theft, fire or any other mishap.
- Third party liabilities such as bodily injuries, demise of the third party or property damage of the third party.
- Personal Accident cover for the policyholder/driver.
What Is Not Covered Under Comprehensive Car Insurance?
Even if you hold a comprehensive car insurance policy, here are some coverage which will not be covered under the plan:
- Damages caused to the insured vehicle while driving without a valid license.
- Damages to the insured vehicle outside the geographical area.
- Depreciation and ordinary wear and tear of the vehicle.
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown of the insured vehicle.
- The accident occurred when the driver was under the influence of intoxicants.
- Any loss or damage due to mutiny, war, or nuclear attacks and other events that are beyond compensation.
What are the Benefits of Purchasing Comprehensive Car Insurance?
Here are the benefits of purchasing a comprehensive car insurance plan:
1. Highest Level of Protection: Car insurance adds a layer of protection for both the policyholder and his/her vehicle. It does this by compensating for any losses due to a mishap and thus giving financial stability and peace of mind in such times of crisis.
2. Covers Liabilities: In case of a mishap where the policyholder is at fault, he/she will require third-party insurance to cover the costs. This type of cover is compulsory. With a comprehensive cover, third party liabilities are taken care of.
3. Own-Damage: In the event of a mishap the insurance will also cover the cost of the vehicle’s damage. This includes damage caused due to natural or manmade calamities, vandalism, accidents and theft.
4. Single-Premium: The biggest advantage of a comprehensive plan is the coverage it provides for both third party liabilities and own-damage under a single premium making it the most hassle-free way to remain insured.
5. Add-ons and NCB: With a comprehensive cover you can purchase add-on covers to further strengthen the policy. Additionally, you can also receive an NCB for claim-free years on the own-damage cover within the plan.
What Add-ons Can You Purchase with Comprehensive Car Insurance?
One major advantage of purchasing this car insurance policy is that, under this type of car insurance policy you can choose to opt for add-on cover to enhance the coverage of the car insurance. Following is the list of add-on covers available a comprehensive car insurance policy:
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Engine Protection Cover
- No Claim Bonus Protection Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Return To Invoice Cover
- Daily Allowance Cover
- Passenger Cover
- Consumables Cover
- Tyre Protect Cover
- Key Replacement Cover
- Loss Of Personal Belongings Cover
The add-on covers provided by the comprehensive policy will help you enhance the coverage of your policy. You can choose an add-on cover according to your requirements and budget.
For example, if you opt for a roadside assistance add-on cover with your comprehensive car insurance policy, you will be provided with 24x7 assistance in a situation where your car breaks down in the middle of the way. If you own this add-on cover, the car insurance company will provide you assistance in different ways such as towing the car, arranging a mechanic, arrangement of alternative vehicles, delivering fuel, managing a hotel stay, and so on.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Claim Procedure
Below mentioned are some steps that you can follow to file a claim for your comprehensive car insurance policy:
Step 1: Register your Claim: Visit the official website of your insurance company, ditch the paperwork and register your claim on the website, by logging into the website with the username and password used at the time of purchasing the policy.
Step 2: Fill the Form and Submit Documents: Download and fill the claim intimation form with correct details such as car insurance policy details, details of the insured vehicle, details of the owner of the insured car etc. and provide supporting documents along with the claim intimation. Upload the form and supporting documents on the website.
Step 3: Self Survey or Digital Survey: You can opt for self-inspection under which you can provide images while inspecting the vehicle for the damage caused to the vehicle. You can also opt for a digital survey which shall be conducted by the surveyor or workshop partner.
Step 4: Track your Claim: After you informed the insurance provider, filled the form, submitted the required documents and completed the survey, you can track your claim status on the website.
Who Should Buy Comprehensive Car Insurance?
Do you have a doubt if a comprehensive car insurance policy is suitable for you or not, below mentioned is the list of people who should consider purchasing a this car insurance policy:
1. New Car Owner: Purchasing a car is just like making a big investment. To ensure that your new car is insured fully, you should opt for comprehensive car insurance policy because this policy provides coverage for stand alone own-damage and third party liabilities.
2. Fancy Car Owner: Fancy cars are a huge investment and tend to get broken into or stolen more often as compared to regular cars. A person who owns a fancy car such as a BMW/Mercedes should consider this policy to keep your prized possession secure from damages/theft.
3. Road Tripper: If you love to travel to different places and cities by your own car then you must have this insurance policy to safeguard your car from any emergency and you can also consider a roadside assistance add-on.
4. A resident of Metropolitan City: If you are a resident of a metropolitan area/city then you should consider purchasing a comprehensive car insurance policy to safeguard your car from the risk of accidents, traffic, pollution etc.
5. Overprotective Car Owner: If you are a person who easily gets worried even if you see a single scratch on your car, then you must have a comprehensive car insurance policy because this policy will provide peace of mind while you are driving.
Why Should You Upgrade To Comprehensive Car Insurance?
People quite often make the mistake of purchasing a third party car insurance policy because it’s very affordable and mandatory. What they miss out on is that a third party car insurance policy does not provide compensation for cost of repairs in case of small accidents or damages to the insured vehicle. Despite the fact that a comprehensive car insurance policy may be more expensive than a third party insurance, it does provide more coverage. Below mentioned are some reasons that justify why one should consider a comprehensive insurance policy for their car:
1. Value for Money
When it comes to cost, comprehensive covers prove to be more economical and cost-effective in comparison to the third party plan. It might look to be a little costlier than third-party insurance, but when you compare the level of damages they insure, the former proves to be the value for money option.
2. Covers Car In Several Situations
Unlike the third party car insurance cover, this insurance policy covers your car too along with your third party liabilities. From theft, accident, fire, natural calamities and man-made disasters to liability towards the third party, this cover takes care of everything.
3. Enhancement of Coverage
The third-party car insurance cover gives a limited coverage option, while this insurance gives an extensive cover which can further be extended with the inclusion of add-on covers. By paying a little more premium you can get as many add-ons as suits you.
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
Comprehensive Insurance Vs Third Party Car Insurance (Comparison)
Below given are the differences between the Comprehensive Insurance Coverage and Third Party Insurance Coverage:
Comprehensive Car Insurance
Third-Party Car Insurance
Under a comprehensive car insurance policy, compensation for own damages to the insured vehicles and the third party liabilities such as bodily injury or demise of third party and property damages of the third party is provided. This policy offers coverage up to a maximum cap of Rs 7.5 lakh in case of third-party property damage.
The third-party car insurance plan offers compensation for the injury/death of a third party (as decided by a court of law) and third-party property damage (up to Rs 7.5 lakh).
Several add-on covers are available under a comprehensive car insurance policy such as Zero Depreciation, Consumables cover etc. You can opt for an add-on cover that best suits your requirements.
No such add-on covers are available for purchase with third-party policies.
Comprehensive plans are comparatively costlier due to extensive coverage.
Third-Party policies are compared cheaper to comprehensive policies due to their limited coverage.
Comprehensive Insurance Vs Zero Depreciation Car Insurance (Comparison)
Below mentioned are differences between a zero depreciation and comprehensive car insurance:
|Basis||Comprehensive Insurance Cover||Zero Depreciation Insurance Cover|
|Premium Amount||Low Premiums||High Premiums|
|Claim Settlement Amount||Claim settlement amount is low due to the depreciation estimated and applicable for all parts of the car.||Claim settlement is high because estimation and application of depreciation is done under this policy.|
|Car Parts Repair||50% depreciation on all repairing parts.||All repairing costs are covered.|
|Car Age||The depreciation increases as the age of the car increases.||Depreciation will be considered nil.|
What is NCB in a Comprehensive Car Insurance?
Comprehensive plans have higher premiums than third-party insurance. This is because the comprehensive plan includes an own-damage cover and thus provides much wider coverage. Additionally, the No Claim Bonus or NCB is offered on the own-damage cover within the plan. The NCB is a reward given by the insurance provider to the policyholder for a claim-free year. It is accumulative in nature and goes up to 50% in the 5th consecutive claim-free year. The following chart explains how the NCB is calculated:
Number of Claim Free Years
How Comprehensive Car Insurance Premium Calculated?
When it comes to finding the best way to compute the premium of a comprehensive car insurance policy, the premium calculator is considered the best option. A premium calculator is an online tool designed to help you know the correct premium for your car. By entering correct and accurate car details such as car’s make, model and variant, manufacturing year, registration date, RTO location, etc., along with the status of your No Claim Bonus (NCB), you can easily find customised results from this calculator. If you know the right amount of premium for your car, it can assist you to opt for the most suitable premium quote as per your needs and budget.
However, you can also follow a simple formula to calculate the premium amount of your car insurance policy which is given below:
Own Damage Premium – (No Claim Bonus + Discounts) + Cost of Add-ons + Third Party Premium as Fixed by the IRDAI = Comprehensive Car Insurance Premium
How to Purchase a Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
The following steps will help you to buy a comprehensive insurance policy from InsuranceDekho
Step 1: Visit our website InsuranceDekho
Step 2: In the ‘Get Your Quote’ section provide your car registration number or other details such as its make model and year of registration. Then select ‘proceed’.
Step 3: Enter your personal details, i.e., your name and mobile number and all the quotes for comprehensive car insurance plans will be visible on your screen.
Step 4: Compare the quotes and select the policy that suits your needs and price point.
Step 5: Make the payment for the policy of your choice and the policy document will be sent to your registered Email ID.
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
Car Insurance Add-ons
Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Car Insurance By Popular Car Manufacturers
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Price
- View Tata Nexon Insurance Price
- View Tata Punch Insurance Price
- View Maruti Brezza Insurance Price
- View Mahindra XUV700 Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Price
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Price
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Price
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Price
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Price
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Price
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Price
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Price
- View Honda City Insurance Price
- View BMW i7 Insurance Price
- View Volkswagen Virtus Insurance Price
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Price
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Price
- View Toyota Rumion Insurance Price
- View Renault Triber Insurance Price
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Price
- View Maruti Invicto Insurance Price
Learn about Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Before purchasing a car insurance plan, everyone should conduct extensive research to decide based on the insurance policy wordings. Read more.
- Confused by the difference between the zero depreciation cover and a comprehensive car insurance plan? In this article, we will explain them to you.
- In this article, we'll give you the tools you need to make an informed decision about your car insurance policy.
- New to car insurance? Read this article to understand the basic difference between comprehensive plans and zero depreciation covers.
- Check out this article to get to know what points to consider before choosing a long-term comprehensive car insurance policy.
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
FAQs About Comprehensive Car Insurance
What is comprehensive car insurance?
A comprehensive car insurance is a type of policy that provides financial protection against the liabilities that you may incur towards a third party. This plan also provides coverage for own-damages sustained by your own car arising due to an unforeseen incident.
How to choose comprehensive car insurance?
Comprehensive car insurance must be selected by considering various factors such as coverage offered, insurance company's strength of network garages, cash settlement ratio, claim process etc.
Is it worth getting comprehensive car insurance?
Yes, it is beneficial to opt for this car insurance as it offers a dual coverage of standalone own-damage as well as third party cover. To know more about comprehensive car insurance click here.
Is there any coverage for animal damage under a comprehensive car insurance plan?
Yes. For this, you are required to inform your insurance company as soon as possible after detecting the damage to your car due to an animal. The insurer would send a surveyor to assess whether the damages sustained by your car were because of an animal attack. Thereafter, the claim procedure would take place as usual.
Why is it important to purchase a comprehensive car insurance plan for my old car?
This insurance plan offers coverage against a variety of risks including windshield damage, fire, natural calamities, accidents, etc, that are beyond one’s control. Irrespective of the car being new or old, these damages can cost you the same for repair work. Therefore, it is recommended to get your car protected with a comprehensive car insurance plan, especially if you use your car oftenly.
Car Insurance News
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023
Passenger insurance provides financial protection for passen...26 October 2023
When purchasing car insurance, it's crucial to comprehend th...26 October 2023