What is a Car Insurance Premium Calculator?
A premium calculator for car insurance is an online tool meant to help you find the right amount of premium for your policy. You can get the correct premium simply by entering a few basic details related to your car like its make, model, registration year, RTO location, etc., on it. Once you have entered all these details, the insurance calculator will come up with a premium amount right for your car.
How to Use a Car Insurance Premium Calculator?
Follow the steps given below to use car insurance premium calculator:
Step 1: Pick your car’s Make, Model, Variant and Fuel Type.
Step 2: Pick your car’s Registration Place and the Purchase Year.
Step 3: Unveil if any car insurance claim has been made by you in the previous term of the policy.
Step 4: Click the ‘Calculate’ button to get the right IDV and premium your car insurance.
Benefits of Car Insurance Premium Calculator
- Right IDV – This premium calculator helps you find the correct IDV that is in accordance with your car’s make, model and age. With the right IDV, you can claim for your car’s actual market value in case of theft or total loss.
- Correct Premium – To get the right premium amount is the primary reason to use this calculator. It helps you find the right premium costs for different policies with which you can choose the best deals available in the market and finalise the most suitable one for you.
- Helps to Make An Informed Decision – The calculator allows you to get informed with the right premium rates. You can use this information to make careful decisions to insure your car. Also, it apprises you about the basic factors involved in the premium calculation.
- Facilitates Money Saving Approach – You get the right premium value of different car insurance policies with this calculator. It enables you to compare various premium quotes and choose the best and reasonable deals available.
Third Party Car Insurance Premium Rates
Premium To Buy A New Policy (3-Year Plan)
Premium To Renew Existing Policy (1-Year Plan)
Under 1,000 cc
Between 1,000 cc and 1,500 cc
Above 1,500 cc
Premium for Comprehensive and Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Plans
The amount of premium for standalone own-damage and comprehensive car insurance policies is based on several factors, which comprise car’s make, car’s model, car’s variant, car’s age, car’s fuel type, cubic capacity of car’s engine, etc. With the premium calculator, you can compute the amount of your policy premium very easily by just filling up some basic car details of your car.
Factors Which Determine Car Insurance Premium
Here are the factors which determine premiums for comprehensive and standalone own-damage car insurance plans:
1. Insured Declared Value: Insured Declared Value or IDV is the maximum amount which you are entitled to receive from your insurer in case of total loss or damages sustained by your car. The IDV is the market value of your car. Higher the IDV of your car will be, the higher your premium will be and vice versa.
2. Number of Add-Ons: Add-ons are the additional benefits which enhance the coverage of your car insurance plan. Insurance companies provide various add-on covers such as return to invoice, roadside assistance, zero depreciation and so on, which you can buy by paying an additional premium to increase the coverage of your policy.
3. No Claim Bonus (NCB): No Claim Bonus is the insurer’s reward to the policyholder because of no claims made during the previous policy year. It is the discount ranging between 20%-50% that you can avail on your own-damage car insurance premium that you will be paying in the subsequent policy term.
4. Anti-Theft Devices: Anti-theft devices keep your car secure from thieves and hence reduces the liability for the insurer. So, if you buy ARAI-approved anti-theft devices for your car, then you will be required to pay a lesser premium.
5. Engine’s Cubic Capacity: If the cubic capacity of your car is higher, then it will use more consumables. Therefore, your premium will be higher in that case. The condition and maintenance of the car is also taken into consideration while determining the premium.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying New India Car Insurance
- What is zero depreciation cover? What are the benefits of zero depreciation add on cover? Read along to know more about zero depreciation insurance.
- What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into the details of this feature of cashless insurance.
- What does the extension of renewal dates mean for your car insurance? Read this article to find out.
New India Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
New India Car Insurance Premium Calculator FAQs
What factors can affect the premium of a car insurance policy?
There are various factors that can affect the amount of premium of a car insurance policy such as Anti-theft Devices, Insured Declared Value (IDV), Year of Registration, No Claim Bonus (NCB), Number of Add-ons and so on.
How can a car insurance premium calculator help me?
The car insurance premium calculator can assist you in getting the accurate premium amount for car insurance plans and IDV of your car which are offered by different insurers in the market. With this information, you can select an affordable plan and make prudent decisions in relation to car insurance.
What details are required to be filled on the car insurance premium calculator?
You need to enter details like make, model and variant of the car, fuel type of the car, RTO location of the car, engine capacity of the car, registration year of the car, and so on, on the premium calculator to get the premium amounts offered by different insurance companies.
Where can I find the premium calculator to calculate the premium for my policy?
You can get the best premium calculator to compute the premium and IDV for your plan at the official website of InsuranceDekho, i.e., www.insurancedekho.com.
Can I use the premium calculator to calculate the premium for my old car?
Yes, you can use the premium calculator to calculate the amount of premium for your old car.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- Significant Features And Benefits of SBI Car Insur...
Read this article to find out significant features and benef...21 June 2021
- How To Renew Oriental Car Insurance Plans?
Read this article to get simple steps to renew your car insu...21 June 2021
- Types of Car Insurance Policies Offered By Nationa...
Read this article to explore policies offered by National In...20 June 2021
- What Happens To Acko Car Insurance When The Policy...
Read this article to understand what happens to the car insu...19 June 2021
- Types of Car Insurance And How To Claim Them At Ro...
Read this article to find out simple steps to claim your car...18 June 2021
- How To Apply For Driving License In India?
Want to apply for driving license? Read more to know about h...04 May 2021
- Everything About Loss Of Personal Belongings Add-O...
Read more to know everything about loss of personal belongin...03 May 2021
- Difference Between Private and Commercial Car Insu...
Read along to know the difference between private and commer...09 May 2021
- 5 Best Car Insurance Companies In India In 2021
This article consists of top 5 car insurance companies in In...31 May 2021
- Guide To Clear Misconceptions About Car Insurance
Here is the guide to clear misconceptions about car insuranc...29 April 2021