Kotak Zero Depreciation Add-on
- CASHLESS GARAGES 2,327
- CLAIMS SETTLED 98%
- COMPREHENSIVE CLAIMS UNLIMITED
- Spot Claim Upto Rs 20,000
- 6-Month Repair Warranty
- Easy Video Claims
- Zero Paper Claims
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
Kotak Zero Depreciation Add-on
Like every other asset, your car loses its value with an increase in its age owing to general wear and tear. This devaluation is called depreciation. It does not only reduces the market value of your vehicle but also affects your claim amount. This is because your insurer factors in the depreciation cost of the parts replaced at the time of repair of the vehicle. However, you can do away with this liability of depreciation cost by purchasing a zero depreciation add-on cover from Kotak General Insurance.
Benefits of Kotak Zero Depreciation Add-on
Here are some benefits of buying a zero depreciation car insurance add-on cover:
- Higher Claim Amount: By exempting you from bearing the liability of depreciation cost, the zero depreciation add-on cover offered by Kotak enables you to receive higher claim amounts. By opting for the zero depreciation cover, a policyholder shifts the depreciation liability from himself to the insurer.
- Rubber Cover: Unlike most insurance companies, Kotak General Insurance’s zero depreciation cover includes the rubber parts of your car in addition to other car parts at 100%. This means that the tyres and tubes are also covered under the zero depreciation add-on cover along with parts made up of fibreglass, glass, metal, plastic, etc. However, batteries are covered only to the extent of 50%.
Depreciation Rate Applicable on Car With And Without Zero Depreciation Add-on
Age of Car
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation Cover
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation Cover
Under 6 months
6 months to 1 year
Above 10 years
Parts of Car
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation
Paint Work/Rubber/Nylon/Plastic Parts, Tires and Tubes, Batteries and Airbags Parts
What Is Included Under a Kotak Car Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover?
Here are different aspects that will be covered under the zero depreciation cover:
- Coverage for depreciable parts like nylon, rubber, fibreglass and plastic parts of the car.
- In some situations, the zero depreciation also compensate damages to battery and tyres.
- Repair or replacement cost born by the policyholder during the claim settlement is covered.
What Is Not Included Under a Kotak Car Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover?
Here are a few things that won’t be covered under the zero depreciation cover:
- No coverage for total damage or loss sustained by the insured car.
- No coverage for damages to the insured car due to mechanical fault or failure.
- Damage or loss of uninsured items like gas kits, tires or bi-fuel kits is not covered.
- Routine ageing or wear and tear of the car is not covered under a zero depreciation cover.
Factors Affecting Kotak Zero Depreciation Cover
Below are some factors which affects the zero depreciation add-on cover:
- Modified cars are also not eligible for this add-on cover.
- It is not available for cars whose parts are not available in the market.
- The zero depreciation add-on cover of Kotak General is only available for cars up to 3 years of age.
Must Read Articles before buying Kotak Car Insurance
Types Of Car Insurance Plan Provided By Kotak General InsuranceLet's look at the many sorts of car insurance policies available in India which are offered by Kotak General Insurance.
Factors that Affect the Premium of Kotak Car Insurance PolicyRead this article to know what all factors affect the premium of Kotak General Insurance.
Why To Buy A Kotak Car Insurance Plan?Read this article to find out reasons why you need to buy your car insurance from Kotak Mahindra General Insurance.
Guide of RTO Rules for Imported VehiclesWant to know RTO rules for imported vehicles? Let’s read all about these in order to be aware of what needs to be done to import a foreign vehicle in
Reasons Why You Need Car Insurance For Autonomous VehiclesAutonomous vehicles may get you excited with each new car being launched. Let’s take a look to know reasons why you need Insurance for Autonomous cars
Kotak Car Insurance User Reviews
- Zero Depreciation
- Most Helpful
- Third Party
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
It is not at all tough to compare plans on the InsuranceDekho website which made it easy for me to pick a pl...Read More
While I was looking for an insurance plan for my Maruti Ertiga on InsuranceDekho, the uniformity of policy inf...Read More
When I bought the Kotak Car Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho, I was glad that I got a totally transparen...Read More
The services offered by the InsuranceDekho website are available on all 7 days of the week. I recently bough...Read More
The InsuranceDekho website provides prompt replies to users. I bought the Kotak Car Insurance Policy for my ...Read More
The InsuranceDekho website has a chat box feature which helped me a lot while buying the Kotak Car Insurance...Read More
I filed a claim for my Kotak Car Insurance Policy which I had purchased from the InsuranceDekho website to i...Read More
I hold a policy of Kotak Car Insurance Policy for my Skoda car. I didn’t know how to raise a claim so I visi...Read More
I am extremely happy with my experience with InsuranceDekho. They have a dedicated team of executives. I bou...Read More
The InsuranceDekho portal has policies that suit the budgets of different policyholders. It also helped me c...Read More
209 Kotak Cashless Garages in India
Insurance Products by Kotak General Insurance
Kotak Zero Depreciation Cover FAQs
I have an imported Lamborghini. Can I avail the Zero Depreciation add-on cover?
No. Imported cars and all such vehicles whose parts are not available in the Indian market are ineligible for the Kotak General zero depreciation insurance cover.
I have opted for the zero depreciation cover. Will I have to pay anything now during the claim settlement?
The zero depreciation add-on cover only spares you from paying the depreciation cost of the replaced parts. However, the liability of compulsory deductible and voluntary deductible (if opted for) rests with the policyholder.
What is the premium for the zero depreciation add-on cover?
The premium of the zero depreciation add-on cover depends on the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your vehicle. It is directly proportional to the IDV, which means higher the IDV, higher the zero depreciation premium and vice versa.
How can I add the Zero Depreciation add-on cover to my car insurance policy?
You can include the Zero Depreciation cover to your plan by visiting the website of Kotak car insurance or by contacting them at toll-free number 1800-266-4545.
Should I renew the zero depreciation cover while renewing my Kotak car insurance plan?
Yes, you will have to renew your zero depreciation cover every time you renew your Kotak comprehensive car insurance policy provided it fulfils the conditions of Zero Depreciation cover at the time of renewal.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Kotak Car Insurance Contact Details
InsuranceDekho7551196989Mon to Sun 10 AM to 7 PM
Kotak Contact Details1800-266-4545Toll-Free
Car Insurance News
Which Car Insurance is Best in India: Comprehensiv...
Wondering which car insurance is better third-party or compr...09 May 2023
How to Buy Car Insurance Online?
Car insurance is a mandatory requirement in India. It is qui...08 May 2023
How to Search Vehicle Owner Details by Number Plat...
Read on to understand how to search vehicle owner details by...05 May 2023
Car driving tips for beginners
listed below are some of the car driving tips for beginners.03 May 2023
Traffic Rules and Fines in West Bengal
Read on to understand all about the traffic rules that you n...26 April 2023