Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
SBI Own Damage Car Insurance
SBI General Insurance offers their customers with generally 3 types of car insurance in India i.e. Comprehensive car insurance plan, a third party insurance plan and a standalone own damage insurance plan. It is advisable to opt for a standalone own-damage car insurance plan alongside a mandatory third party insurance cover. The standalone own-damage car insurance plan offered by SBI General Insurance offers protection against damage caused to the insured car due to an accident or mishap such as theft, vandalism, road accidents, manmade and natural calamities.
Standalone Own Damage Bike Insurance V/S Comprehensive Bike Insurance V/S Third Party Insurance
SBI Standalone Own Damage Bike Insurance
SBI Comprehensive Bike Insurance
SBI Third Party Insurance
It is not mandatory to own a standalone own damage bike insurance plan. However, they offer compensation for their own damage expenses incurred in various types of scenarios and can offer much needed financial assistance during any mishap.
A comprehensive bike insurance plan offers coverage for both third party liabilities and own damage cover in a single insurance plan. Also, it also provides the policyholder with an optional personal accident cover.
A third party bike insurance plan would take care of third party liabilities which includes, third party bodily injuries, death and third party property damage. It is mandatory to at least own a third party insurance plan.
Option to choose from various add-on covers at a little extra cost is offered here.
Here also the policyholder is given the option to choose from several add-on covers for an extra premium amount.
No add-ons are offered under third party car insurance.
This insurance plan is expensive in comparison to a third party insurance as it provides better coverage.
This is the most expensive insurance plan available. This is because it provides comprehensive coverage under a single plan.
This insurance plan is the least costly plan available. This is because it provides standard coverage.
What is Covered Under SBI Standalone Own Damage Bike Insurance Policy?
SBI Standalone Own Damage Bike Insurance Policy offers the following coverages:
- Damage or loss incurred because of an accident or mishap
- Explosions or fire resulting in damages to the car
- Damages because of manmade or natural disasters.
- In case the insured car gets stolen
What is Not Covered Under SBI Standalone Own Damage Bike Insurance Policy?
SBI Standalone Own Damage Bike Insurance Policy doesn’t offer the following coverages:
- In case your car breakdowns because of an electrical or mechanical breakdown
- Normal wear and tear of the insured vehicle
- In case an unforeseen event happens outside the geographical boundaries of the nation
- A mishap occurring because of illegal driving
Benefits of SBI Standalone Own Damage Policy
Some of the benefits of buying SBI Standalone Own Damage Policy are as follows:
- It provides a protective layer for the insured car as well as a driver against the uncertainties on road.
- Policyholders can opt for various add-on covers to extend the coverage of their insurance plan.
- Insurance companies offer NCB for each claim-free year
How to Buy SBI Standalone Own Damage Policy?
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to buy SBI Standalone Own Damage Policy:
Step 1: Go to the InsuranceDekho website and choose the ‘car insurance’ tab. From the drop-down menu choose the ‘Standalone Own Damage’ option.
Step 2: Give the registration number of your car. In case you don’t have the details regarding the same, then instead enter your car’s model, make and registration year.
Step 3: Enter your personal information such as your name, contact number. Afterwards, click on the ‘ Submit and Get Quotes’ option.
Step 4: All the standalone own damage insurance quotes would appear on the screen. Choose the one offered by SBI General Insurance Company. Also, at this stage, you can select add-on covers that you would like to include to your standard insurance plan.
Step 5: Last step is to make payment for SBI standalone own damage policy you have chosen and the documents would get instantly sent to you at your e-mail ID.
Explore Sbi Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Sbi Car Insurance
- Read this article to find out significant features and benefits of purchasing your car insurance from SBI General Insurance
- To know some of the simple and quick ways of renewing your bike insurance plan online, read the article.
- Read this article to find out everything you need to know about purchasing car insurance from SBI General Insurance.
- Read this article to find out effective ways to reduce the cost of your car insurance premium with SBI General Insurance.
- There are many features and benefits of SBI car insurance plans. Read this article to take note of the benefits of car insurance plans.
SBI Car Insurance User Reviews
- Own Damage
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Third Party
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
616 Sbi Cashless Garages in India
SBI Own Damage Car Insurance FAQs
What is SBI's Own Damage Insurance Policy?
SBI Own damage insurance plan offers protection to the policyholder against the losses or damages caused to their own insured vehicle due to an accident, theft or mishap.
How is the premium calculation done for SBI Own Damage Insurance Policy?
The premium calculation for SBI Own damage car insurance plan takes place by taking into consideration several factors such as car’s make, car’s age, vehicle type, geographical zone, engine cc, etc.
Is it mandatory to buy Own damage insurance plan?
No, buying an own damage insurance plan is not mandated by law.
What is the difference between Own damage insurance plan and third party liability insurance?
An own damage insurance plan provides the policyholder with protection against damages sustained by their own insured vehicle because of any mishap, natural calamity, accident, etc. While, on the other hand, a third party insurance offers protection against third party liabilities i.e. third party property or individual.
What are the types of SBI car insurance plans available in the market?
Generally, a policy buyer can choose from 3 different types of car insurance plans i.e. third party car insurance plan, a comprehensive car insurance plan and standalone own-damage car insurance plan.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023
Passenger insurance provides financial protection for passen...26 October 2023
When purchasing car insurance, it's crucial to comprehend th...26 October 2023