- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
DHFL Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Policy
The standalone own-damage car insurance offers coverage for own-damage costs in case of a mishap. Additionally, this also gives the policyholder peace of mind, knowing that in the event of a mishap they will retain their financial stability. Own-damage covers give protection from an array of scenarios such as car theft, vandalism, fires, road accidents, and natural and manmade calamities. An own-damage cover is not compulsory but is a prudent purchase to go along with the compulsory third-party insurance.
Standalone Own-Damage Insurance V/S Third Party Insurance V/S Comprehensive Insurance
DHFL Third Party Insurance
DHFL Standalone Own-Damage
DHFL Comprehensive Insurance
DHFL third-party insurance offers coverage for third-party liabilities only. This includes property damage, death, and bodily injuries. The maximum compensation for property damage under this cover is Rs 7.5 Lakh.
DHFL standalone own-damage insurance offers coverage for own-damage costs including road accidents, theft, floods, etc. The cover is not compulsory but offers enhanced protection.
DHFL’s comprehensive car insurance plan offers all-around protection for you and your car. Under a single premium, the plan takes care of both third-party liabilities and own-damage costs.
DHFL third-party car insurance policies do not offer add-on covers.
DHFL standalone damage car insurance policies offer a wide range of add-on covers to choose from.
DHFL comprehensive insurance plans offer their customers several add-on covers to choose from.
Third-party insurance is the cheapest car insurance that DHFL offers as it gives very basic coverage.
Standalone own-damage insurance offered by DHFL is more expensive than their third-party insurance as it gives protection for own-damage costs.
Comprehensive insurance plans offered by DHFL are the most expensive insurance they offer as it takes care of both third party insurance and own-damage under one plan.
What is Covered Under DHFL Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
DHFL standalone own-damage car insurance offer coverage for the following aspects:
- Accidents that result in damage to the insured vehicle.
- Damage caused due to a fire or an explosion.
- Theft or cases of a total loss.
- Damage to the car due to a natural or manmade disaster, such as cyclones.
What is Not Covered Under DHFL Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
DHFL standalone own-damage car insurance does not offer coverage for the following aspects:
- Mishaps that happen outside the territorial boundaries of the country.
- Mishaps that involve illegal driving in some form.
- Breakdowns happen because the car has a mechanical or electrical failure.
- Depreciation of the car.
Benefits of DHFL Standalone Own-Damage Policy
DHFL standalone own damage insurance offers the following benefits:
- The cover offers protection for own-damage costs in a number of different scenarios. Moreover, the compensation gives the policyholder financial stability in times of crisis.
- For every claim-free year, DHFL gives their customers with own-damage covers No Claim Bonus as a reward for good driving habits. Moreover, the reward is cumulative, going up to 50% in the fifth consecutive year.
- DHFL offers add-on covers that you can purchase to further strengthen the protection the own-damage cover provides.
How To Purchase DHFL Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
The below-mentioned steps will guide you in purchasing a DHFL standalone own damage policy:
Step 1: Visit our website InsuranceDekho and select the ‘car insurance’ tab. A drop-down menu will appear, select the ‘Standalone Own Damage’ option.
Step 2: Provide your car’s registration number in the given section. If you do not have the registration number you can enter other details such as its make, model, and year of registration instead.
Step 3: Enter your personal details, i.e., your name and phone number. Once the required information is filled in select the ‘Submit and Get Quotes’ button.
Step 4: The quotes for standalone own-damage car insurance in your category will be visible on the screen. Select the one offered by DHFL and any add-ons you would like to purchase with it.
Step 5: Make the payment for your DHFL standalone damage car insurance policy and we will send you the policy document to your registered email ID.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Dhfl Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Dhfl Car Insurance
- Do I need insurance for a stored car? Let’s read about some reasons why it is advisable to have your car insured even when it is in storage.
- Have tinted glass? Pay fine to RTO traffic police. You should know RTO traffic police fines & penalties for using tinted glass in the car.
- Car insurance add-ons are additional coverages which help extend the coverage offered by a standard car insurance policy. Know benefits.
- Want to know useful of car Insurance Add-ons? Key add-on cover in car insurance allows the customer to tailor their insurance plan.
DHFL Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
434 Dhfl Cashless Garages in India
Insurance Products by Dhfl General Insurance
DHFL Car Insurance Own Damage FAQs
What is DHFL's own damage insurance?
DHFL own damage insurance offers coverage to the insured car against the damages incurred due to theft, accident, any other mishap etc. The insurance company will offer compensation to the policyholder against any damages caused to the insured car.
Is it mandatory to buy an own damage insurance plan for my new car?
No, as per the law buying an own damage insurance car is not mandatory. However, as per the Indian Motor Tariff Act, it is mandatory to buy at least a third party insurance plan in order to save yourself from paying hefty fines or penalty upon getting caught by traffic police at the time of checking.
How is premium calculation done for DHFL own damage insurance?
The premium for DHFL own damage insurance is calculated taking into account various factors such as:
- Car’s IDV and Age
- Safety equipments installed
- Add-on cover
- Model and Make of the Car
- Car’s registration location
How is Own damage insurance plan different from third party liability insurance?
Own damage insurance plan offers cover to the policy buyer’s car against damages caused due to an accident, theft,or any other mishap. While , a third party liability insurance offers coverage to the policyholder against damages or losses caused to third party person or third party property in an accident or any other mishap with the insured car.
What all documents are needed in order to make a claim for Own damage
You require the following documents in order to make own damage claim:
- Car’s RC
- FIR Report
- Copy of Insurance plan
- Copy of driver’s license
- Repair estimate
- No claim certificate
- Proofs and photos of the incident
- Other documents( as asked by the insurer)
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- In India, Why And How Is A Car Insurance Backgroun...
Motorists benefit from car insurance since it financially p...28 May 2022
- Renewal of Vehicle Insurance in 5 Easy Steps
Are you thinking of renewing your insurance policy? In 5 sim...27 May 2022
- Is It Possible To Include Your GST Number In Your...
Is it possible to include your GST number in your car insura...27 May 2022
- Everything You Need to Know About Car Insurance's...
Here's everything you need to know about vehicle insurance'...26 May 2022
- Why Should You Purchase Long-Term Car Insurance?
Long-term or multi-year car insurance policies allow policyh...26 May 2022
- The Advantages of Buying HDFC ERGO Car Insurance O...
In the market, HDFC ERGO offers a wide range of products.04 April 2022
- What Is IDV and How Does It Work?
The IDV Calculator is an online tool that determines the mar...30 March 2022
- Some Car Insurance Add-On Covers to Think About
Car insurance add-ons are available from one insurer to the ...02 April 2022
- CNG Kit Installation: Everything You Need to Know
Before you install a CNG kit in your vehicle, there are seve...31 March 2022
- IDV In Automobile Insurance: The Fundamentals
Purchasing auto insurance is a long-term commitment.07 April 2022