- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
IFFCO Tokio Zero Depreciation Cover
Your car is an asset and like all the other assets it also loses value (depreciates) over time due to continuous wear and tear. Depreciation not only decreases your car’s value, but also slices an equal sum from your insurance claim amount. IFFCO Tokio understands this and thus offers a Zero Depreciation add-on cover with the purchase of a standard comprehensive car insurance policy.
The zero depreciation add-on cover protects the policyholder from the liability of bearing the depreciation at the time of claim settlement. This increases the claim amount disbursed to the policyholder. The add-on is available for cars up to 10 years of age and proves to be an extremely cost-effective add-on in the long run.
Zero Depreciation add-on cover entitles you to get full claims without factoring in depreciation on your car and its parts. It actually shifts the burden of depreciation from the policyholder to the insurer. Let us read the benefits of Zero Depreciation car insurance policy.
Benefits of Zero Depreciation Add-on Cover
Zero depreciation add-on cover offers the following cost-effective benefits that directly affect the claim amount:
Higher Claim Amount - As clear by the definition itself, the zero depreciation add-on cover entitles you to receive the claim amount without any subtraction on account of depreciation of your car of its parts. Under the zero depreciation add-on, the cost of depreciation is borne by the insurer.
Eligible for Cars Up To 10 Years of Age - The Depreciation Waiver add-on offered by IFFCO Tokio can be availed for cars up to 10 years of age. Hence, even older cars (not older than 10 years), which have high depreciation, can be covered with this add-on.
Unlimited Claims - Unlike other insurers, IFFCO Tokio allows unlimited claims under zero depreciation cover.
Depreciation Rate Applicable on Car Without Zero Depreciation Add-on
Age of Car
Rate of Depreciation
Under 6 months
6 months to 1 year
Above 10 years
Depreciation Rate Applicable on Different Parts of Car Without Zero Depreciation Cover
Rubber / nylon / plastic parts, tires and tubes, batteries, paint work and airbags
Parts made of fiber glass
Parts made of glass
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Iffco Tokio Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Iffco Tokio Car Insurance
- Read this article to know how to prevent rejection of IFFCO Tokio car insurance.
- Wondering what to do before heading out on the road with your buddies? We have put together the perfect road trip checklist to make your life easier.
- What is ‘endorsement’ in car insurance? Read this article to find out.
- How to choose the right car insurance policy in India? You must compare car insurance online and check out the best car insurance companies.
- Acko General Insurance Company offers three types of a car insurance policy and they are Third Party Policy, Comprehensive Policy and Comprehensive +
IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
540 Iffco Tokio Cashless Garages in India
IFFCO Tokio Zero Depreciation Cover FAQs
My car is 7 years old. Am I eligible for Zero Depreciation cover of IFFCO Tokio?
Yes, your car is eligible for zero depreciation add-on cover. IFFCO Tokio offers its zero depreciation cover for all cars not older than 10 years.
Do I need to renew the zero depreciation cover separately?
Zero depreciation add-on cover requires payment of an additional premium along with the standard premium. However, the payment is not made separately. The total premium amount for the auto insurance policy includes all the costs.
How much do I need to pay during the claim settlement if I have zero dep add-on cover?
By opting for the zero depreciation add-on, you just need to pay your part of liabilities excluding the applicable depreciation. The liability for the depreciation amount is borne by the insurer.
What all factors are responsible for determining the premium of the zero depreciation cover?
Factors that are responsible for determining the premium of the zero depreciation add-on are as follows:
- Age of the Car
- Model of the Car
- Registered location of the Car, etc.
At what time can I include Zero depreciation cover to my car insurance plan?
You can add zero depreciation cover to your basic car insurance plan either at the time of purchase of the policy or renewal of the existing plan.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- Consumables Add-on to Car Insurance
Learn all about consumables add-on to car insurance.02 July 2022
- What Effects Do Car Modifications Have on Insuranc...
Learn which modifications to your automobile have an impact ...01 July 2022
- Vehicle Insurance Renewal in 5 Simple Tips
Are you thinking of renewing your insurance policy? In 5 sim...01 July 2022
- Is it possible for your GST number to be included ...
Is it possible to include your GST number in your car insura...30 June 2022
- All You Need to Learn About Personal Accident Cove...
Here's all you need to know about the required personal acci...30 June 2022
- How Do I Get an Online Car Pollution Certificate?
The Pollution Under Control Certificate, or PUC certificate,...16 May 2022
- 10 Ways To Save Money On Car Insurance
Let’s discuss some tricks on how to get the best deal on you...06 May 2022
- What Effects Can Modifications Have on Your Digit ...
Read this article to discover more about the factors that de...05 May 2022
- What Is The Best Way To Check Your Car Insurance D...
Know how you can check your car insurance details using your...04 May 2022
- What is a Cashless Car Insurance Policy, And How D...
The cashless auto insurance function is quite helpful in the...14 May 2022