- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Edelweiss Car Insurance Claim
A claim refers to the right of policyholders to get the reimbursement for the expenses incurred by them in a road accident or an uncertain mishap involving their car. The policyholders can file a claim after an accident, and then the respective insurer will then be liable to disburse the entitled claim amount depending on the damage and as per the applicable terms and conditions of the policy. Claiming for damage and loss with Raheja QBE is a completely hassle-free process. The company offers both reimbursement and cashless claim in over 1,900 authorised network garages.
Documents Required For Edelweiss Car Insurance Claim Settlement
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- A copy of the insurance policy
- A copy of the Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle
- Original driving licence along with a copy
- A copy of FIR/Police Panchanama
- An estimate of the repairs
- Repair bills and payment proof/ Discharge.
- Documents required by AML guideline
- All other necessary documents deemed fit for the situation.
How To Make A Cashless Edelweiss Car Insurance Claim
Step 1) Claim Intimation
Intimate the claim as soon as possible. All you need to do is call Edelweiss at the toll-free number 1800 12000. You will be required to give a few vehicle details to the Edelweiss representative so keep your vehicle documents in hand.
Step 2) Acceptance Of Claim Request
A company representative will stay in touch with you and inform you about the further process. The claim will be initiated and a claim scheme team will handle the rest. If your vehicle is in the condition to drive, you can drive it to the nearest associated workshop and register the claim, Edelweiss will take care of the claim settlement.
Step 3) Arrangement of Surveyor
In case, your vehicle is in no condition to drive, Edelweiss also provides Roadside assistance (RSA). After the claim has been successfully registered, a surveyor will be assigned within 24 hours to assess the damage.
Step 4) Documentation And Repairs
After the inspection, the surveyor will give a damage report to the company, you are required to furnish all the necessary documents to process the claim settlement. Policyholders can avail cashless claim services and the towing charges up to a limit of Rs.1500 will be reimbursed by the company.
Step 5) Final Claim Settlement
The company will pay the entitled claim amount directly to the network garage and then you can take back your vehicle after paying the necessary deductibles.
How To Make Reimbursement Edelweiss Car Insurance Claim
Step 1) Intimate the claim
Inform the company about the accident as soon as possible. Simply, reach out to Edelweiss via the toll-free number 1800 12000. You will be required to present some important vehicle details to the Edelweiss representative so keep your vehicle documents nearby.
Step 2) Registration of Claim Request
An Edelweiss representative will stay in contact with you and guide you with further processing. If your vehicle is in the condition to drive, drive it to the nearest workshop of your preference and register the initiation of the claim.
Step 3) Arrangement of a loss assessor
Edelweiss also provides Roadside assistance (RSA) for vehicles that are in no condition to drive. After successful registration of the claim, a surveyor will be assigned within 24 hours to assess the damage and report it to the company.
Step 4) Submission of documents and repairs
You are required to furnish all the necessary documents to the surveyor who will give the damage report to the company after inspection. Policyholders will have to pay for the repairs directly to the workshop.
Step 5) Final Reimbursement
The insurer will reimburse the repair costs after factoring deductibles. However, you will be required to present all the bills, invoices and receipts to the insurance provider. Like most insurers, edelweiss also reimburses towing charges up to a limit of Rs.1500.
Common Claim Rejection Reasons
- If the accident occurred while the driver was under the influence of intoxicants such as alcohol drugs etc..
- When the car was being driven by a novice driver who holds a learner’s licence in the absence of a valid licence-holder present in the passenger seat.
- In case fabricated/false evidence was provided.
- When there is no evidence to prove the occurrence of the mishap.
- Damage caused due to mindful negligence of the driver.
- Non-accidental damage like usual wear and tear etc.
Edelweiss No Claim Bonus
If you own a car insurance plan, then on the basis of your claim history, Edelweiss General Insurance will provide you with an attractive No Claim Bonus (NCB) benefit during the time of car insurance policy renewal. It is a reward which is offered in terms of discount that increases progressively with every claim free year from 20% up to a maximum of 50%. If you do not claim any claim in the preceding year or years, you will be entitled to a no claim bonus on a standalone own-damage car insurance plan or own-damage (OD) component of a comprehensive car insurance policy.
However, to secure the NCB and continue to avail it, you must keep renewing your car insurance plan before its expiry date without any break, otherwise, you will lose this benefit. It is a bonus which is transferable in nature which means you can transfer it to your new car insurance policy or for insuring your new car after selling the old one. It is possible as it belongs to policyholders and not to the car. You can also opt for an NCB Protect add-on cover, which is designed to help you to retain the existing NCB discount even after raising up to 2 claims in a policy tenure.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Edelweiss Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Edelweiss Car Insurance
- Read this article to know how to make a third-party car insurance claim from Edelweiss.
- Go through this article to take a note of the things roadside assistance cover by Edelweiss General Insurance.
Edelweiss Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
Experience with Insurancedekho
Its a good experience. The person interacted with, provided the accurate details and is knowledgeable person. ...
438 Edelweiss Cashless Garages in India
Edelweiss Car Insurance Claim FAQs
What additional things do I need to furnish to the company for claim settlement in case of theft of the insured vehicle?
Apart from the necessary documents required, policyholders will be required to submit the entire set of vehicle keys, the Final Report – No Trace Report for the lost vehicle, Indemnity Bond as well as the NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the financer in case of theft of the vehicle.
What is the amount I need to pay during a claim settlement?
The amount you pay for the liabilities on your part, at the time of claim settlement, depending on the type of policy and add-on covers purchased is known as deductibles. Policyholders are liable to pay for deductibles - compulsory and voluntary (if opted for at the time of purchasing the policy).
What are the details and documents required at the time of claim intimation?
You require to provide the following details at the time of claim intimation:
- Insurance policy number
- Contact numbers
- Name of Insured policyholder
- Location of the accident
- Date and time of the accident
- A brief description of how the accident occurred.
- An estimate of the losses
- Place & contact details of the insured person (in case person intimating the claim is other than the policyholder)
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- Renewal of Vehicle Insurance in 5 Easy Steps
Are you thinking of renewing your insurance policy? In 5 sim...27 May 2022
- Is It Possible To Include Your GST Number In Your...
Is it possible to include your GST number in your car insura...27 May 2022
- Everything You Need to Know About Car Insurance's...
Here's everything you need to know about vehicle insurance'...26 May 2022
- Why Should You Purchase Long-Term Car Insurance?
Long-term or multi-year car insurance policies allow policyh...26 May 2022
- What You Should Know About Total Loss Car Insuranc...
Continue reading to learn about total loss car insurance cla...25 May 2022
- The Advantages of Buying HDFC ERGO Car Insurance O...
In the market, HDFC ERGO offers a wide range of products.04 April 2022
- What Is IDV and How Does It Work?
The IDV Calculator is an online tool that determines the mar...30 March 2022
- Some Car Insurance Add-On Covers to Think About
Car insurance add-ons are available from one insurer to the ...02 April 2022
- Changing Car Insurance: A Step-by-Step Guide
It might be an expensive error to keep paying your vehicle i...28 March 2022
- CNG Kit Installation: Everything You Need to Know
Before you install a CNG kit in your vehicle, there are seve...31 March 2022