Edelweiss Car Insurance Claim
A claim refers to the right of policyholders to get the reimbursement for the expenses incurred by them in a road accident or an uncertain mishap involving their car. The policyholders can file a claim after an accident, and then the respective insurer will then be liable to disburse the entitled claim amount depending on the damage and as per the applicable terms and conditions of the policy. Claiming for damage and loss with Raheja QBE is a completely hassle-free process. The company offers both reimbursement and cashless claim in over 1,900 authorised network garages.
Documents Required For Edelweiss Car Insurance Claim Settlement
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- A copy of the insurance policy
- A copy of the Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle
- Original driving licence along with a copy
- A copy of FIR/Police Panchanama
- An estimate of the repairs
- Repair bills and payment proof/ Discharge.
- Documents required by AML guideline
- All other necessary documents deemed fit for the situation.
How To Make A Cashless Edelweiss Car Insurance Claim
Step 1) Claim Intimation
Intimate the claim as soon as possible. All you need to do is call Edelweiss at the toll-free number 1800 12000. You will be required to give a few vehicle details to the Edelweiss representative so keep your vehicle documents in hand.
Step 2) Acceptance Of Claim Request
A company representative will stay in touch with you and inform you about the further process. The claim will be initiated and a claim scheme team will handle the rest. If your vehicle is in the condition to drive, you can drive it to the nearest associated workshop and register the claim, Edelweiss will take care of the claim settlement.
Step 3) Arrangement of Surveyor
In case, your vehicle is in no condition to drive, Edelweiss also provides Roadside assistance (RSA). After the claim has been successfully registered, a surveyor will be assigned within 24 hours to assess the damage.
Step 4) Documentation And Repairs
After the inspection, the surveyor will give a damage report to the company, you are required to furnish all the necessary documents to process the claim settlement. Policyholders can avail cashless claim services and the towing charges up to a limit of Rs.1500 will be reimbursed by the company.
Step 5) Final Claim Settlement
The company will pay the entitled claim amount directly to the network garage and then you can take back your vehicle after paying the necessary deductibles.
How To Make Reimbursement Edelweiss Car Insurance Claim
Step 1) Intimate the claim
Inform the company about the accident as soon as possible. Simply, reach out to Edelweiss via the toll-free number 1800 12000. You will be required to present some important vehicle details to the Edelweiss representative so keep your vehicle documents nearby.
Step 2) Registration of Claim Request
An Edelweiss representative will stay in contact with you and guide you with further processing. If your vehicle is in the condition to drive, drive it to the nearest workshop of your preference and register the initiation of the claim.
Step 3) Arrangement of a loss assessor
Edelweiss also provides Roadside assistance (RSA) for vehicles that are in no condition to drive. After successful registration of the claim, a surveyor will be assigned within 24 hours to assess the damage and report it to the company.
Step 4) Submission of documents and repairs
You are required to furnish all the necessary documents to the surveyor who will give the damage report to the company after inspection. Policyholders will have to pay for the repairs directly to the workshop.
Step 5) Final Reimbursement
The insurer will reimburse the repair costs after factoring deductibles. However, you will be required to present all the bills, invoices and receipts to the insurance provider. Like most insurers, edelweiss also reimburses towing charges up to a limit of Rs.1500.
Common Claim Rejection Reasons
- If the accident occurred while the driver was under the influence of intoxicants such as alcohol drugs etc..
- When the car was being driven by a novice driver who holds a learner’s licence in the absence of a valid licence-holder present in the passenger seat.
- In case fabricated/false evidence was provided.
- When there is no evidence to prove the occurrence of the mishap.
- Damage caused due to mindful negligence of the driver.
- Non-accidental damage like usual wear and tear etc.
Explore Edelweiss Car Insurance
- Read More
- Read More
- Read More
Edelweiss Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
439 Edelweiss Cashless Garages in India
Edelweiss Car Insurance Claim FAQs
What additional things do I need to furnish to the company for claim settlement in case of theft of the insured vehicle?
Apart from the necessary documents required, policyholders will be required to submit the entire set of vehicle keys, the Final Report – No Trace Report for the lost vehicle, Indemnity Bond as well as the NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the financer in case of theft of the vehicle.
What is the amount I need to pay during a claim settlement?
The amount you pay for the liabilities on your part, at the time of claim settlement, depending on the type of policy and add-on covers purchased is known as deductibles. Policyholders are liable to pay for deductibles - compulsory and voluntary (if opted for at the time of purchasing the policy).
What are the details and documents required at the time of claim intimation?
You require to provide the following details at the time of claim intimation:
- Insurance policy number
- Contact numbers
- Name of Insured policyholder
- Location of the accident
- Date and time of the accident
- A brief description of how the accident occurred.
- An estimate of the losses
- Place & contact details of the insured person (in case person intimating the claim is other than the policyholder)
Why to Buy Car Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Car Insurance News
- Reasons Why You Need Car Insurance For Autonomous ...
Autonomous vehicles may get you excited with each new car be...17 August 2020
- Top Car Insurance Companies Providing Personal Acc...
On the basis of Health Insurance Claim settlement ratio, her...30 April 2020
- Cashless Car Insurance Policy Usefulness
What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into t...27 April 2020
- Types of Car Insurance Policies in India
Let’s explore about car insurance policy types in India. Aft...24 April 2020
- Return to Invoice Add-On Cover For Car Insurance
Explore return to invoice add-on cover in Car Insurance in ...23 April 2020
- Know What is NCB in Car Insurance Online India
All You Need To Know About No Claim Bonus On Car Insurance O...22 April 2020