Edelweiss Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance plan known as Edelweiss Private Car Package Insurance policy provides a policyholder with financial assistance for third party liabilities as well as own damage sustained by his/her car in an unfortunate event. The Edelweiss Package Policy thus provides its policyholder with a sense of financial security and peace of mind.
Edelweiss Comprehensive car Insurance vs Third Party car Insurance
Comprehensive car insurance
Third Party car insurance
It covers liabilities to the “Third Party” as well as “Own Damage”
Third party car insurance policy provides coverage only for third party liabilities.
The coverage of the policy can be stretched by opting for various add-ons.
Add-ons are not available with a third party insurance plan.
The comprehensive policy is relatively high-priced as it provides an extensive coverage.
The third party policy is reasonably priced due to its limited coverage.
What Is Covered Under Edelweiss Comprehensive Car Insurance Plan?
Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance provides coverage for the following:
- Third party liabilities: The insurer provides coverage for bodily injuries, death, permanent disability and property damage incurred by a third party due to the insured’s car. The third party property damage cover is limited to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
- Own damage caused by natural calamities: Any damage caused to the insured’s car due to any natural calamities such as flood, earthquake, landslide etc. is covered under the Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance.
- Own damage caused by man-made disasters: The insurer provides coverage for any damage to the insured’s car in man-made disasters such as riot, strike, fire, terrorist activities etc.
- Theft: The theft of the insured’s car is covered by the insurer under this plan.
What Is Not Covered Under Edelweiss Comprehensive car Insurance?
Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance policy does not provide coverage for the following.
- Normal wear and tear
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown
- Any damage caused due to contractual liability
- In case of willful negligence
- Liabilities occuring when driving without a valid licence
- Liabilities occuring when driving under the influence of alcohol or intoxicating drugs.
- Damage occurred during war, nuclear risk, mutiny rebellion or any such situation
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Benefits of Edelweiss Comprehensive car Insurance
Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance provides the following benefits to its policyholders:
- The insurer relieves the policyholder from third party liability and own damage expenses.
- Availability of a variety of add-on options ensures extensive coverage.
- Cashless repair and replacement service at the network garages all over India.
- Availability of helpful customer assistance service.
- Swift and easy claim settlement process.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Edelweiss Car Insurance
Edelweiss Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
Good support for policy renewal by Loknath. He patiently explained all the queries and pros and cons of each p...
438 Edelweiss Cashless Garages in India
Edelweiss Car Insurance FAQs
What are the factors influencing the premium amount of Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance policy?
The factors influencing the premium amount of Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance policy are as follows.
- Make, Model, Variant of your car
- RTO location
- Car’s engine capacity
- Your choice of add-on covers
- The desired tenure of insurance policy, etc.
How can I get a duplicate copy of the policy documents if I lose the original one?
If you lose the original policy document, you can contact Edelweiss General Insurance at their toll-free number 1800-12000 or write to them at email@example.com.
Are passengers of the insured’s car covered under the comprehensive car insurance plan?
Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance policy covers only insured’s car and third party liabilities in case of an accident or any other mishap. To get an insurance cover for unnamed passengers, you can buy the Edelweiss Personal Accident Cover for everybody else travelling in your car, up to Rs. 2,00,000 per person.
Is it mandatory to have a comprehensive car insurance policy?
No, according to the Indian Motor Tariff, every car owner should have their car insured with at least a third party/liability only insurance policy. Thus, a comprehensive cover is not mandatory a mandatory requirement but it is a recommended plan as it insures you against the own-damages of your car in addition to third party liabilities.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- How To Buy New Car Insurance Online?
In order to purchase a car insurance plan online, you need ...02 February 2023
- How to Get the Best Car Insurance Quote?
Read on for a detailed guide on how to get the best car insu...01 February 2023
- 10 Must-have Accessories To Have When Going On A L...
Read on to know all about these car accessories for long dri...31 January 2023
- Guide To Choose The Right Car Insurance Plan
Read on to learn more about how to easily choose the right c...30 January 2023
- NOC process in car insurance
Read on to understand all about the NOC process in car insur...27 January 2023