Passenger Cover in Car Insurance
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Passenger cover in car insurance is financial coverage for passengers who are travelling in the insured’s car. While it is necessary to have the personal accident cover for the owner-driver of the car, covering passengers is not mandatory. However, the absence of compulsion should not restrict individuals from buying a passenger cover with their car insurance policy as each life is important.
What Is Covered Under A Passenger Cover?
A passenger cover add-on provides coverage of up to Rs. 2 lakh for the following:
1. Medical treatment costs incurred for passengers in case of an unforeseen accident.
2. Disability liability (permanent and temporary disability) cover to the car’s passengers.
3. Financial support in case of the death of any passengers.
What is not covered in the Passenger Cover?
Following are the exclusions of a passenger cover add-on:
1. An accident that has happened while a person is under the influence of alcohol/drugs.
2. Any physical injury caused at the time of attempted suicide is not covered under this add-on.
With Which Car Insurance Plan Can I Purchase A Passenger Cover?
Benefits of Purchasing Passenger Cover
Being a responsible car owner, you have a certain duty towards the passengers if an accident happens to result in injury or disability of the passenger. Having a passenger add-on cover along with the comprehensive car insurance plan, will provide the policyholder and the passengers with wide coverage. Highlighted below are some of the benefits of purchasing passenger cover:
- Offers financial help if the passenger dies due to an accident.
- In case of an accident, coverage for the treatment costs of passengers is offered with this add-on.
- Passengers of the covered car are offered a disability liability cover.
- Financial liabilities get reduced in difficult situations as you can claim for the passenger and driver of the car.
- Helps in reducing the stress if any accidental injuries happen to the passenger and the insured car’s driver.
- Helps in avoiding any legal hassle in case the insured car is a commercial passenger vehicle.
Cost of Passenger Add-On Cover
The cost of passenger add-on cover differs from insurance company to insurance company and it also depends on the sum insured. In case, you wish to know about the cost and any more information regarding passenger add-on cover, you can check the same with the car insurance company.
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Quotes
- View Skoda Rapid Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tigor Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra XUV700 Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Punch Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Fortuner Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Scorpio Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Eeco Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Add-ons
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Very Convenient and Affordable
Easy to renew, very convenient and low premium price. Reminder calls and follow-up help me to renew premium on...
Passenger Cover in Car Insurance FAQ
How many passengers in the car does the passenger add-on cover?
In the case of the private car, the add-on does not cover more than 3 passengers in the car. However, the number of passengers covered depends on the type of vehicle. An insurance company provides coverage as per the seating capacity of the car.
Can I buy the passenger cover with third party insurance?
No, an individual cannot buy the passenger cover with third party car insurance. It can be bought along with the comprehensive or a standalone own-damage car insurance policy.
Does comprehensive car insurance policy cover passenger injuries in an accident?
No, passenger injuries are not covered under the standard comprehensive car insurance in case of an accident. Thus, it is advised to opt for a passenger cover.
Should a commercial driver buy a Passenger Cover in car insurance?
Although it is not necessary, a commercial driver should buy it to ensure the safety of its passengers.
What is the amount of coverage available under a passenger cover?
Coverage of up to Rs. 2 lakh is provided under a passenger cover.
Car Insurance News
- How Many Car Insurance Claims Can Be Made In A Yea...
Regardless of whose automobile insurance policy you have, th...16 January 2022
- What Is The Meaning Of IDV In a Car Insurance Poli...
In the world of auto insurance, the term "Insured Declared V...15 January 2022
- Common Reasons Why Car Insurance Claim May Get Rej...
You must be aware of the conditions that might lead to the r...14 January 2022
- Guide To Get Best Car Insurance Quote In India
Car Insurance is determined by several factors, including yo...14 January 2022
- Important Things You Must Know About Bharat Serie...
In order to ease seamless vehicle transfers, the Transport M...13 January 2022
- How Does Scrapping Your Car Impacts Insurance Poli...
Read this article to know about the impacts of scrapping car...28 November 2021
- Authorised and Local Service Centers - Which To Ch...
If there is a problem with your car you can take it to a loc...17 November 2021
- Documents You Should Always Keep in Your Car
Driving a car is not just fun but also a responsible act. In...18 November 2021
- What is Anti-Theft Device and Its Impact on Car In...
Installing an anti-theft system certified by ARAI prevent ca...19 November 2021
- What Is A Knock-For-Knock-Agreement?
When it comes to auto insurance plans, there are two types o...24 November 2021