Passenger Cover in Car Insurance
Passenger cover gives financial coverage for passengers who are travelling in the insured’s car. However, covering passengers is not mandatory, but it is highly recommended to opt for this cover as apart from driver or owner’s life, passenger’s life is equally important. This cover gives coverage of up to Rs. 2 lakh for medical treatment costs, disability liability (permanent and temporary disability) cover or financial support in case of the death of any passengers.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Passenger cover in car insurance is financial coverage for passengers who are travelling in the insured’s car. While it is necessary to have the personal accident cover for the owner-driver of the car, covering passengers is not mandatory. However, the absence of compulsion should not restrict individuals from buying a passenger cover with their car insurance policy as each life is important.
What Is Covered Under A Passenger Cover?
A passenger cover add-on provides coverage of up to Rs. 2 lakh for the following:
1. Medical treatment costs incurred for passengers in case of an unforeseen accident.
2. Disability liability (permanent and temporary disability) cover to the car’s passengers.
3. Financial support in case of the death of any passengers.
What is not covered in the Passenger Cover?
Following are the exclusions of a passenger cover add-on:
1. An accident that has happened while a person is under the influence of alcohol/drugs.
2. Any physical injury caused at the time of attempted suicide is not covered under this add-on.
With Which Car Insurance Plan Can I Purchase A Passenger Cover?
Benefits of Purchasing Passenger Cover
Being a responsible car owner, you have a certain duty towards the passengers if an accident happens to result in injury or disability of the passenger. Having a passenger add-on cover along with the comprehensive car insurance plan, will provide the policyholder and the passengers with wide coverage. Highlighted below are some of the benefits of purchasing passenger cover:
- Offers financial help if the passenger dies due to an accident.
- In case of an accident, coverage for the treatment costs of passengers is offered with this add-on.
- Passengers of the covered car are offered a disability liability cover.
- Financial liabilities get reduced in difficult situations as you can claim for the passenger and driver of the car.
- Helps in reducing the stress if any accidental injuries happen to the passenger and the insured car’s driver.
- Helps in avoiding any legal hassle in case the insured car is a commercial passenger vehicle.
Cost of Passenger Add-On Cover
The cost of passenger add-on cover differs from insurance company to insurance company and it also depends on the sum insured. In case, you wish to know about the cost and any more information regarding passenger add-on cover, you can check the same with the car insurance company.
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
Car Insurance Add on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz
- Bharti Axa
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Volkswagen Virtus Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tigor Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Kiger Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Scorpio Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Brezza Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra XUV700 Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Venue Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Add-ons
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Passenger Cover in Car Insurance FAQ
How many passengers in the car does the passenger add-on cover?
In the case of the private car, the add-on does not cover more than 3 passengers in the car. However, the number of passengers covered depends on the type of vehicle. An insurance company provides coverage as per the seating capacity of the car.
Can I buy the passenger cover with third party insurance?
No, an individual cannot buy the passenger cover with third party car insurance. It can be bought along with the comprehensive or a standalone own-damage car insurance policy.
Does comprehensive car insurance policy cover passenger injuries in an accident?
No, passenger injuries are not covered under the standard comprehensive car insurance in case of an accident. Thus, it is advised to opt for a passenger cover.
Should a commercial driver buy a Passenger Cover in car insurance?
Although it is not necessary, a commercial driver should buy it to ensure the safety of its passengers.
What is the amount of coverage available under a passenger cover?
Coverage of up to Rs. 2 lakh is provided under a passenger cover.
Car Insurance News
- When buying a Tata AIG car insurance policy, avoid...
Car insurance is not difficult to obtain. You should get aut...05 July 2022
- You'll find everything you need to know about vehi...
Do you want to keep your auto insurance coverage with you at...05 July 2022
- What You Should Know About the PUC Certificate on ...
Every automobile owner in India should have a PUC (Pollution...04 July 2022
- Is insurance required to test drive a vehicle?
This article will help you understand why you need to ensure...04 July 2022
- Why Will Insurance For Electric Vehicles Be More E...
Learn why insurance for electric vehicles will be more expen...03 July 2022
- How Do I Get an Online Car Pollution Certificate?
The Pollution Under Control Certificate, or PUC certificate,...16 May 2022
- 10 Ways To Save Money On Car Insurance
Let’s discuss some tricks on how to get the best deal on you...06 May 2022
- What is a Cashless Car Insurance Policy, And How D...
The cashless auto insurance function is quite helpful in the...14 May 2022
- Suggestions for Increasing Bike Fuel Efficiency
Check out the 10 tried-and-true tips below if you've ever wo...13 May 2022
- What You Should Know About Total Loss Car Insuranc...
"Total loss" in car insurance is one such word that might be...09 May 2022