Passenger Cover in Car Insurance
What Is Passenger Cover In Car Insurance?
Passenger cover in car insurance is financial coverage for passengers who are travelling in the insured’s car. While it is necessary to have the Personal Accident cover for the owner-driver of the car, covering passengers is not mandatory. However, the absence of compulsion should not restrict individuals from buying a passenger cover with their car insurance policy as each life is important.
What Is Covered Under A Passenger Cover?
A passenger cover add-on provides coverage of up to Rs. 2 lakh for the following:
1. Medical treatment costs incurred for passengers in case of an unforeseen accident.
2. Disability liability (permanent and temporary disability) cover to the car’s passengers.
3. Financial support in case of the death of any passengers.
What is not covered in the Passenger Cover?
Following are the exclusions of a passenger cover add-on:
1. An accident that has happened while a person is under the influence of alcohol/drugs.
2. Any physical injury caused at the time of attempted suicide is not covered under this add-on.
With Which Car Insurance Plan Can I Purchase A Passenger Cover?
There are two types of car insurance plans with which you can opt for a passenger cover namely standalone own-damage car insurance plans as well as comprehensive car insurance plans.
Benefits of Purchasing Passenger Cover
Being a responsible car owner, you have certain duty towards the passengers if an accident happens resulting in injury or disability of the passenger. Having a passenger add-on cover along with the comprehensive car insurance plan, will provide the policyholder and the passengers with a wide coverage. Highlighted below are some of the benefits of purchasing passenger cover:
- Offers financial help if the passenger dies due to an accident.
- In case of an accident, coverage for treatment cost of passengers is offered with this add-on.
- Passengers of the covered car are offered a disability liability cover.
- Financial liabilities get reduced in difficult situations as you can claim for the passenger and driver of the car.
- Helps in reducing the stress if any accidental injuries happen to the passenger and the insured car’s driver.
- Helps in avoiding any legal hassle in case the insured car is a commercial passenger vehicle.
Cost of Passenger Add-On Cover
The cost of passenger add-on cover differs from insurance company to insurance company and it also depends on the sum insured. In case, you wish to know about the cost and any more information regarding passenger add on cover, you can check the same with the insurance company.
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Alcazar Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Sonet Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Scorpio Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Eeco Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Add-ons
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Passenger Cover in Car Insurance FAQ
How many passengers in the car does the passenger add-on cover?
In the case of the private car, the add-on does not cover more than 3 passengers in the car. However, the number of passengers covered depends on the type of vehicle. An insurance company provides coverage as per the seating capacity of the car.
Can I buy the passenger cover with third party insurance?
No, an individual cannot buy the passenger cover with third party car insurance. It can be bought along with the comprehensive or a standalone own-damage car insurance policy.
Does comprehensive car insurance policy cover passenger injuries in an accident?
No, passenger injuries are not covered under the standard comprehensive car insurance in case of an accident. Thus, it is advised to opt for a passenger cover.
Should a commercial driver buy a Passenger Cover in car insurance?
Although it is not necessary, a commercial driver should buy it to ensure the safety of its passengers.
What is the amount of coverage available under a passenger cover?
Coverage of up to Rs. 2 lakh is provided under a passenger cover.
Car Insurance News
- Why Should You Opt For Universal Sompo Car Insuran...
Universal Sompo is a leading firm that provides affordable a...22 June 2021
- Parameters To Consider While Purchasing Car Insura...
This article will provide you with the top 6 key points that...22 June 2021
- Significant Features And Benefits of SBI Car Insur...
Read this article to find out significant features and benef...21 June 2021
- How To Renew Oriental Car Insurance Plans?
Read this article to get simple steps to renew your car insu...21 June 2021
- Types of Car Insurance Policies Offered By Nationa...
Read this article to explore policies offered by National In...20 June 2021
- How To Apply For Driving License In India?
Want to apply for driving license? Read more to know about h...04 May 2021
- Everything About Loss Of Personal Belongings Add-O...
Read more to know everything about loss of personal belongin...03 May 2021
- 5 Best Car Insurance Companies In India In 2021
This article consists of top 5 car insurance companies in In...31 May 2021
- Difference Between Private and Commercial Car Insu...
Read along to know the difference between private and commer...09 May 2021
- Guide To Clear Misconceptions About Car Insurance
Here is the guide to clear misconceptions about car insuranc...29 April 2021