TATA AIG Zero Depreciation Cover
Every auto insurance policy comes with add-on covers. The most popular one among them is the zero depreciation add-on. The zero depreciation add-on, also known as bumper to bumper add-on and nil depreciation add-on, provides coverage against the depreciation applicable on your car and its parts.
In case of no zero depreciation, like all other insurer TATA AIG also deducts the depreciation amount on your car and its parts before acknowledging a claim and thus the cost of depreciation is borne by the policyholder.
Features of Zero Depreciation Cover
- The zero depreciation add-on is available only for cars up to 5 years old. If the insured vehicle has a minimum NCB of 20% then the zero depreciation add-on is available for vehicles aged up to 7 years.
- A maximum of 2 zero depreciation claims are allowed during the policy period.
Benefits of Zero Depreciation
The TATA AIG Zero Depreciation add-on provides you with the following benefits:
- Higher Claim Amount: The TATA AIG zero depreciation enables you to claim a higher amount as it covers the 100% depreciation for all rubber, fibre, plastic and nylon parts of your vehicle. Please note that for tyres, tubes and batteries only 50% of the depreciation value will be covered by the insurer.
- Saves Money: The TATA AIG zero depreciation add-on helps you save money. As the premium charged for this add-on is any day less than the depreciation incurred on a vehicle and its parts.
Depreciation Rate Applicable on Car Without Zero Depreciation Cover
Age of Car
Rate of Depreciation
Under 6 months
6 months to 1 year
Above 10 years
Depreciation Rate Applicable on Different Parts of Car Without Zero Depreciation Cover
Rubber / nylon / plastic parts, tires and tubes, batteries, paint work and airbags
Fibre glass parts
Explore Tata Aig Car Insurance
- Read More
- Read More
- Read More
- Read More
TATA AIG Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
192 Tata Aig Cashless Garages in India
TATA AIG Zero Depreciation Cover FAQs
How to know if I should opt for a zero depreciation add-on?The zero depreciation add-on is an apt option in the following cases:
- Inexperienced/new drivers
- luxurious cars
- New cars
Is Zero Depreciation add-on same as Nil Depreciation add-on?Yes, the zero depreciation is also known as nil depreciation.
Does a comprehensive auto insurance policy comes with the zero depreciation add-on?No, the zero depreciation add-on is not a part of the comprehensive auto insurance policy. You need to opt for it separately.
Can I opt for zero depreciation cover with a third party insurance policy?No. Insurers do not provide any add-on with third party auto insurance policy. If you wish to opt for zero depreciation or any other add-on, you need to purchase a comprehensive auto insurance policy.
Why to Buy Car Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Car Insurance News
- Reasons Why You Need Car Insurance For Autonomous ...
Autonomous vehicles may get you excited with each new car be...17 August 2020
- Top Car Insurance Companies Providing Personal Acc...
On the basis of Health Insurance Claim settlement ratio, her...30 April 2020
- Cashless Car Insurance Policy Usefulness
What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into t...27 April 2020
- Types of Car Insurance Policies in India
Let’s explore about car insurance policy types in India. Aft...24 April 2020
- Return to Invoice Add-On Cover For Car Insurance
Explore return to invoice add-on cover in Car Insurance in ...23 April 2020
- Know What is NCB in Car Insurance Online India
All You Need To Know About No Claim Bonus On Car Insurance O...22 April 2020