Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance Policy
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Car Insurance
What is Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance?
Bumper to Bumper cover is an add-on cover that provides complete coverage to your car irrespective of the depreciation of its parts. It is also known as Nil Depreciation or Zero Depreciation cover. With this add-on cover, if your car sustains any damage or loss due to an accident or a mishap, the insurance company will not deduct the value of depreciation from the coverage (excluding tyres and batteries). The best part of this cover is that your car insurance will pay all the expenses of the replacement of the car body parts.
How Useful Is A Bumper To Bumper Insurance Cover?
It is evident that the inclusion of bumper to bumper add-on cover will bring some advantages that will be over and above the standard car insurance plan. But no benefit comes for free, right. To own this add-on cover, you may have to pay up to a 20% additional premium. It means that you are paying a higher premium already to avoid paying anything during claim settlement in the future. In simple terms, with zero depreciation cover, you are making the payment in advance towards those future costs. It makes the policy affordable and ensures their peace of mind with advance payment. This add-on facility is the best for people with new cars, luxury cars, people driving in accident-prone locations, new or inexperienced car drivers, and so on.
Bumper To Bumper Cover Inclusions and Exclusions
Before opting for a zero depreciation/nil deprecation/bumper to bumper cover, you should understand what is included and excluded under it:
1. Bumper-to-Bumper cover comprises fibreglass components, rubber parts, nylon and plastic parts.
2. The cover can be added to the plan either during the policy purchase or during the renewal.
3. With this add-on cover, the full amount of the claim can be received, while depreciation of up to 40% is applicable under a standard car insurance plan.
4. This add-on cover is more suitable for new cars up to 5 years of age and can be availed for a limited number of times. However, these conditions may differ from insurance company to insurance company.
5. No coverage is provided for normal wear and tear or uninsured perils with this add-on cover.
6. Damages of uninsured items like tyres, bi-fuel kit, mechanical breakdown, etc., are excluded from this cover.
Advantages of Bumper To Bumper Car Insurance Add-on Cover
The benefits of zero depreciation car insurance cover are mentioned below:
1. Increases Coverage: The bumper to bumper add-on cover is beneficial for experienced as well as inexperienced drivers. It enhances the car insurance policy cover to compensate damages or losses of the car sustained in an accident or a mishap.
2. Reduces Repair Cost: The cost of repair arising out of repair or replacement of parts of the insured car is computed without taking the depreciation cost into account. It brings huge benefits for policyholders as it lessens their financial burden to be paid out of pocket.
3. Helps To Save Money: The bumper to bumper cover increases the premium amount of the policy. However, if the insured car gets damaged in an accident, the amount of depreciation will not be taken into consideration while calculating the claim, which makes you get higher compensation, which is generally higher than the add-on premium, which helps you save money.
4. Higher Compensation: With the inclusion of bumper to bumper cover, the amount of the claim is determined without taking the depreciation cost into account. Therefore, it can help you get a higher amount of claims for damages or losses. However, the highest amount of claim that you can get equals the Insured Declare Value and can not surpass that.
5. Peace of Mind: A car insurance policy is designed to give you a layer of protection to policyholders by providing compensation for damage and losses incurred by their cars. It is further strengthened by a bumper to bumper add-on cover that negates the depreciation rate on different parts of the car. It ultimately gets you a higher amount of compensation that brings peace of mind.
Factors Affecting the Premium of Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance Policy
Here are the top factors that will impact the premium of your bumper to bumper add-on cover:
1. Age of the Car
Since the bumper-to-bumper add-on cover is related directly to the depreciation which is applicable with the age of the insured car and its parts, hence, your car’s age play a vital role in determining the premium for your add-on cover.
2. Model of the Car
When it comes to car insurance, the model and variant of a car is also significant as the cost of its parts affects the repair bill, IDV, etc. Hence, the type of car plays an important factor in determining the premium of the bumper to bumper add-on cover.
3. City of the Car
Every city brings some opportunities and risks with it. Hence, in car insurance, the premium of the standard plan and the additional premium of bumper to bumper cover depends on the city you drive your car in.
How to Buy Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance Online?
Bumper-to-bumper car insurance add-on cover can easily be purchased online. One can simply purchase it like a comprehensive car insurance policy. The only difference in the purchase of this cover is that you can include this cover either at the purchase of the policy or at the time of policy renewal. You will have to pay an additional premium to avail of this add-on cover. You can make the payment for its premium online using debit cards, credit cards, net banking, and so on.
Difference Between Comprehensive And Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance
Here are some differences between bumper to the bumper cover and a comprehensive car insurance plan that you should know:
Bumper To Bumper Cover
Comprehensive Car Insurance
It is a car insurance add-on cover that you can opt for by paying an additional premium.
The comprehensive policy premium is lesser than bumper to bumper add-on cover.
Compensation is given to policyholders for the complete repair expenses irrespective of the depreciation costs.
Compensation given under the car insurance plan does not provide the depreciation cost on the car parts.
The insurer gives coverage for the repair and replacement of fibre and plastic components of the insured car.
A partial amount of repair and replacement of plastic, metal, and fibreglass components of the insured car is to be paid.
The coverage is offered to cars of up to 5 years of age.
The insurance cover is provided to cars of up to 15 years of age.
A limited number of claims are allowed under this add-on cover.
An unlimited number of claims are allowed under this car insurance cover.
Bumper to Bumper Cover vs Normal Car Insurance
Let's understand what difference bumper to bumper cover brings into a normal car insurance policy.
Age of Car
Depreciation Rate Without Zero Depreciation Cover
Depreciation Rate With Zero Depreciation Cover
Under 6 months
6 months to 1 year
Above 10 years
Part of Car
Depreciation Rate Without Zero Depreciation Cover
Depreciation Rate With Zero Depreciation Cover
Tyres and Tubes, Batteries and Airbags parts
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Quotes
- View Skoda Rapid Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Punch Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra XUV700 Insurance Quotes
- View MG Astor Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Nexon Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Eeco Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Add-ons
Learn about Bumper to Bumper Insurance
- Are zero depreciation and bumper to bumper cover different? Well, the answer to this question is NO. They are just the two names for the same add-on.
- Confused what the bumper to bumper add-on cover offers? Read this article to clear all your doubts.
- To learn about bumper to bumper car insurance, read along.
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance FAQs
Can the wear and tear of tyres and tubes of the insured car be covered under the bumper to bumper cover?
No, the bumper to bumper add-on cover does not provide any coverage for wear and tear of tyre and tube. To cover the tyre and tube of your car, you need to opt for other add-on covers.
What is the process to make claim insurance for bumper to bumper insurance cover?
You can raise the claim request for bumper to bumper cover is exactly the same as comprehensive cover. The most important thing considered under this add-on cover is that no depreciation cost is taken into account while deciding the Insured Declared Value (IDV) which enables you to get the full market value of the car. Some common steps to claim this car insurance policy are:
- Inform your Insurance Company at the earliest and raise the claim
- Send your car for the assessment of the extent of the damage. Confirm if you are going to get the full compensation
- Get your car repaired at the network garage of your insurance company where the repair expenses will be directly settled
- Sign and submit the customer satisfaction voucher and get your car to the home.
Are bumper to bumper cover and comprehensive insurance policy the same?
No, they are not the same. A comprehensive car insurance policy is the basic car insurance cover while the bumper to bumper cover is an add-on cover. You cannot buy a bumper to bumper cover without owning a comprehensive car insurance policy but you can buy the comprehensive cover without this add-on cover.
Does bumper to bumper add-on cover is worth claiming for car scratches?
Since the bumper to bumper cover can be claimed only a limited number of times in a policy year, it clearly means that you should refrain from raising small claims such as scratches, etc. By bearing those small car insurance claims, you can get the opportunity to raise the claim for major damages.
Should I purchase the bumper to bumper add-on cover for used cars?
Bumper to bumper add-on cover also known as zero depreciation cover is generally recommended for new or costly cars that ask for higher maintenance. However, you are suggested to buy this cover only if your car is less than 5 years of age, otherwise, no should not go for it as it will only increase your car insurance premium.
Can I claim bumper to bumper add-on to cover the dents of my car?
Yes, you can raise the claim for bumper to bumper add-on to cover your car dents. The bumper to bumper add-on cover provides coverage for the repair dents and bumps. In addition to this, the add-on cover also gives coverage for plastic, rubber, nylon, metal and fibreglass parts of your car.
What is not covered by Bumper to Bumper car insurance add-on cover?
The bumper to bumper car insurance does not give cover to some of the points given below:
- No coverage for damages incurred due to mechanical breakdowns
- No coverage will be given to the damages sustained by the accessories
- No coverage for engine damages, tyres, batteries, glass, bearings, and so on.
My car got hit while it was parked in the parking zone, so can I raise a claim under bumper to bumper add-on cover?
Yes, you are allowed to raise the claim with bumper to bumper add-on to cover the cost of repair or for the replacement of the parts damaged at the time of being parked in a parking space. The bumper-to-bumper add-on cover only ensures that no depreciation cost is accounted for during the payout of the claim.
Can I raise a claim for damage to the car’s gearbox under the bumper to bumper add-on cover?
No, bumper to bumper car insurance does not give coverage to damages incurred by the gearbox of the insured car.
What is the cost of bumper to bumper add-on cover?
The bumper to bumper is a car insurance add-on cover designed to help you get 100% coverage towards the damage to the fibre, metal, and rubber parts of your car by not allowing depreciation cost to be considered during the claim settlement. It can be opted by paying an additional premium along with the standard car insurance premium. The bumper to bumper cover is a little bit expensive and costs at least 20% to 30% higher than a standard comprehensive car insurance policy.
Car Insurance News
- What To Do If Magma HDI Car Insurance Policy Gets ...
Purchasing insurance for your car is important as per the la...22 October 2021
- How To Claim Car Insurance After an Accident from ...
Read this article to know how to claim car insurance after a...22 October 2021
- How to Make a Third-Party Car Insurance Claim from...
Read this article to know how to make a third-party car insu...21 October 2021
- What Are the Benefits of Purchasing Car Insurance ...
Read this article to know about the benefits of purchasing c...21 October 2021
- How Can I Reduce the Premium of Cholamandalam Car ...
Read this article to know how to reduce the premium of Chola...20 October 2021
- How To Check HDFC ERGO General Insurance Claim Sta...
Checking HDFC ERGO General Insurance is not that difficult. ...24 September 2021
- How to Find Your Car Insurance Policy Number?
Read to know ways through which you can find your car insura...27 August 2021
- Why Buying The Lowest-Priced Car Insurance May Be ...
Read to know some of the reasons why you should not purchase...26 August 2021
- Reasons Why You Should Renew Your Car Insurance Po...
Read more to know why you should renew your car insurance po...30 August 2021
- A Guide To Different Types Of Car Insurance Polici...
This article covers the types of policies that are offered i...03 September 2021