TATA AIG Comprehensive Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy
TATA AIG comprehensive bike insurance policy provides a monetary shield against the risks associated with road accidents. It ensures the coverage for “Third Party” as well as “Own Damage” of the policyholder at any unforeseen circumstances.
TATA AIG comprehensive bike insurance relieves its policyholder from the financial and legal burden of the third party incurred due to insured’s bike. It also helps to combat the loss due to damage or theft of the insured bike.
TATA AIG Comprehensive Bike Insurance vs Third Party Bike Insurance
Comprehensive Bike insurance
Third Party Bike insurance
A comprehensive policy provides coverage for the financial and legal obligations of the third party as well as the own damages incurred by the insured’s bike.
It provides financial and legal liabilities of the third party in case of an accident.
The coverage of the policy can be stretched by opting for add-on covers such as zero depreciation, pillion cover etc.
A third party insurance plan provides no add-ons.
A comprehensive plan is relatively costlier due to its wide range of coverage.
The premium of a third party plan is economical due to its limited coverage.
What All is Covered Under TATA AIG Comprehensive Bike Insurance Plan?
TATA AIG comprehensive bike insurance provides coverage for the following:
- Coverage for Third party liabilities: The policyholder receives coverage for the financial and legal liabilities towards the third party incurred due to the insured bike. The insurer provides compensation up to Rs. 1 lakh for the property or vehicle damage of the third party. In case of bodily injury/ disability/ death of the third party, the compensation amount is decided by a court of law.
- Protection against natural calamities: The plan provides coverage for damages incurred by the insured bike due to natural calamities such as flood, earthquake etc.
- Protection against man-made disaster: The insurer covers the own damage incurred by the insured bike due to riots, strikes, fire and any other man-made disaster.
- Theft of insured bike: The plan provides insurance cover in case the insured bike gets stolen.
What All Is Not Covered Under TATA AIG Comprehensive Bike Insurance?
TATA AIG comprehensive bike insurance refrains from providing coverage under the following circumstances.
- For an accident beyond the predetermined geographical extent.
- For an accident due to contractual agreement.
- If the bike was not driven by the described person at the time of the accident
- For accident caused due to alcoholism or intoxication
- Absence of valid licence of the insured bike driver
- In case of conflict or war, mutiny or nuclear risk
Benefits of TATA AIG Comprehensive Bike Insurance
TATA AIG comprehensive bike insurance provides the following advantages to its policyholder.
- The insurer provides financial and legal assistance to the policyholder for the third party liabilities.
- The insurer compensates for the damage or theft of the insured bike.
- The coverage of the policy can be extended by availing add-on covers.
- The plan provides free repairs for the insured bike in the network garages.
- Round the clock helpdesk service.
- Quick claim settlement.
Explore Tata Aig Bike Insurance
- Read More
- Read More
- Read More
TATA AIG Bike Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
39 Tata Aig Cashless Garages in India
TATA AIG Comprehensive Bike Insurance FAQs
How can I check the status of the policy after I have made the purchase?
After the purchase of the TATA AIG comprehensive, you get a registered username. You can check the policy status by logging in using the username and password on their official website.
How do I get in touch with TATA AIG immediately after an accident?
You can get in touch with TATA AIG immediately after an accident in the following ways.
- By dialling their official number: 1800 266 7780
- By visiting the nearest branch
What is the maximum tenure for TATA AIG comprehensive bike insurance policy?
The maximum tenure for TATA AIG comprehensive bike insurance policy is 3 years.
Can Add-ons be added in the middle of the policy period?
Yes, you can opt for add-ons in the middle of the policy period. However, the insurance company may conduct an inspection before including the add-on cover.
Does the change in my location affect my TATA AIG comprehensive bike insurance policy?
Every policy has its predetermined geographical extent. A change of your location would not affect your TATA AIG comprehensive bike insurance policy if it is not beyond the designated geographical boundary.
Why Choose Bike Insurance from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Bike Insurance News
- Advantage of Add-on Covers in Two-wheeler Insuranc...
Learn advantage of add-on covers in two-wheeler insurance po...21 September 2020
- Insurance For Second Hand Two Wheeler Explained
Why get a second-hand bike insured? What is a Second-hand Bi...18 September 2020
- Benefits of Timely Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal
Learn benefits of timely online two wheeler insurance renewa...17 September 2020
- Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Rejection Reasons
Learn 7 reasons for rejection of two-wheeler insurance claim...15 September 2020
- How to Change Two Wheeler Insurance
If you want to change your insurer in the middle of your pol...14 September 2020
- Everything About Bike Insurance Types, Benefits an...
What are the types of two-wheeler insurance in India? Why is...11 September 2020