Tata AIG Two-Wheeler Add-Ons
- No Inspection Needed
- Immediate Policy Issurance
Calculate Your Bike Insurance Premium Online
Select your Two wheeler brand
Which city is your Two wheeler registered in?
When did you buy your Two wheeler?
Tata AIG Bike Insurance Add-On Covers
Add-on covers in bike insurance refer to additional benefits that can be purchased by paying an extra premium amount. While a standard two-wheeler insurance policy only covers damages caused due to accidents, add-on covers offer cover for consequential damages too. Tata AIG offers a number of add-on covers that you can purchase with a standalone own-damage bike insurance policy as well as a comprehensive bike insurance policy.
Tata AIG - 7 Important Add-on Covers For Your Bike Insurance Policy
It is not mandatory to purchase add-covers when buying a bike insurance policy, but if you do then you can surely enjoy wider coverage. Also note that you can only buy add-on covers with a base product and not otherwise. Read below to know more about add-on covers offered by Tata AIG:
- Emergency Medical Expenses: Emergency medical expenses is a very beneficial add-on cover that reimburses emergency incurred in an unfortunate event of an accident. If you buy one, then you will not have to worry about the expenses related to treatment of bodily injury/ies sustained by you in a hospital or a nursing home. It also covers you for reasonable ambulance expenses incurred for transporting the injured from the location where the accident took place to the nearest hospital or nursing home along with other requirements such as wheelchair, artificial limbs, crutches, etc.
- Additional Personal Accident Cover to Owner Driver: As compared to four wheelers, two-wheelers are considered to be at a higher risk of getting involved in an accident. So, two-wheeler owners can purchase this add-on cover offered by Tata AIG that provides them additional personal accident cover in case they get involved in the unfortunate event of an accident.
- Additional Personal Accident Cover to Unnamed Persons: This add-on cover is beneficial for those two-wheeler riders who are worried about other pillion riders, drivers, sidecar passengers who are not covered under your insurance contract. This add-on cover provides the much needed cover to them as well in case of an unfortunate event of an accident leading to an injury or death of a person.
- Consumable Expenses: Yourbike will be covered for the cost of consumables required to be replenished or replaced in case of an accident if you opt for consumable expenses add-on cover. The consumables include gearbox oil, engine oil, nut and bolt, screw, lubricants, grease, oil filter, clip, distilled water, washers, break oil, bearings, and similar items. Note that fuel is not included in consumables.
- Depreciation Allowance: If you opt for the depreciation allowance add-on cover, then you will be paid for the amount of depreciation deducted on the value of the parts that are replaced under your own damage claim. Note that only the first two claims can avail this benefit.
- Return to Invoice: If you opt for this add-on cover, then the insurer will pay you for the financial shortfall between the amount you receive under section 1 (own damage) and the purchase price of your bike as stated in the invoice of sale or current exchange price of the new bike if the same make and model is available, whichever is less. The benefit can be availed in case of total loss or constructive total loss of your bike that follows an accident or gets stolen during the policy term and is not recovered. The insurer also covers you for the first time registration expenses as well as the road tax that is incurred on your bike.
- Additional Third Party Property Damage Cover: If you buy this add-on cover, then the insurer will cover you for the damage caused to the property that does not belong to you or that is held in your custody, control, and trust for up to the limit specified in the policy schedule. The insurer covers you if the damage caused to the property is completely and only caused due to accident by your vehicle. Note that this protection is offered to you over and above what is covered in the base bike insurance policy.
There is no doubt that add-on covers offer you extended coverage, thereby protecting you in major situations. But you must keep in consideration your budget and other requirements when opting for them.
Explore Tata Aig Bike Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Tata Aig Bike Insurance
- Want to get for a duplicate two wheeler insurance copy online? Check out the complete steps to get duplicate insurance copy online instantly. Read now
- Read this article to know about the documents required for Tata AIG bike insurance policy renewal.
- Purchasing insurance for your two-wheeler is important and simple. Read this article to know about TATA AIG two-wheeler insurance.
- Read this article to understand the benefits of purchasing long term bike insurance at TATA AIG.
- All about depreciation shield in two-wheeler insurance explained. It is one of the most popular add-on covers in two-wheeler insurance. Know more.
Tata AIG Bike Insurance User Reviews
- Add On
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Third Party
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
38 Tata Aig Cashless Garages in India
Tata AIG Bike Insurance Add-On Cover FAQs
How many add-on covers are available with the Tata AIG bike insurance plans?
The Tata AIG bike insurance policies are available with 7 bike insurance add-on covers which comprise Emergency Medical Expenses, Additional Personal Accident Cover to Owner Driver, Additional Personal Accident Cover to Unnamed Persons, Consumable Expenses, Depreciation Allowance, Return to Invoice Cover, and Additional Third Party Property Damage Cover.
Will I have to pay for an extra premium cost to avail add-on covers?
Yes, you can opt for add-on covers only by paying an additional premium amount in addition to the regular amount of premium for the base insurance policy.
Is it mandatory to add an add-on cover in my bike insurance policy?
No, it is not compulsory to include an add-on cover in your bike insurance plan. The add-on covers are available as an option to increase the coverage of your insurance policy by offering extended benefits.
When can I purchase add-on covers in my Tata AIG bike insurance plan?
You can opt for the add-on covers in your bike insurance policy either at the time of policy purchase or during the policy renewal time.
How many add-on covers I can include in my policy at a time?
There is no limit to buy add-on covers. You can include as many add-on covers as you want in your bike insurance policy on the basis of your needs and budget.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 50 lakhs happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Bike Insurance News
Check out our list of top models, including prices, features...27 October 2023
Know the key differences between spoke wheels and alloy whee...27 October 2023
Know the RTO rules, guidelines, benefits and highlights for ...27 October 2023
Explore the cheapest and most affordable third-party two-whe...25 October 2023
Looking for the best low maintenance bikes in India in 2023?...25 October 2023