Return To Invoice Cover (RTI) in Two Wheeler Insurance
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Bike Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 75cc two wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Bike Insurance
Return To Invoice Cover in Bike Insurance - A standard two-wheeler insurance plan, be it a comprehensive plan or a standalone own-damage plan, provides you insurance coverage for the own damages sustained by your bike in case of mishaps such as road accidents, natural/man-made calamities, fire, theft, riots, etc.
In case of a constructive total loss, i.e, when the insured’s bike is damaged beyond repair (more than 70% damage) or when the insured’s bike gets stolen, the insurer offers Insured Declared Value of the bike as compensation. IDV refers to the market price of the insured’s bike less depreciation.
However, this IDV is lesser than the invoice amount which the policyholder had actually paid at the time of purchasing the bike. The invoice price includes registration charges as well as road tax charges in addition to the selling price of the bike.
When you opt for a Return To Invoice (RTI) bike insurance add-on cover, you can bridge the gap between the IDV and the invoice price. Return To Invoice cover, also known as Invoice Protection Cover, helps you to receive the invoice price and not the IDV as the claim amount. With this add-on clubbed with a comprehensive or standalone own-damage bike insurance plan, you can receive an amount equivalent to the on-road price of your bike in the case of total loss or theft.
Features of Return To Invoice Cover
- Like all other bike insurance add-on covers, Return to Invoice cover is available with comprehensive bike insurance plans and standalone own-damage bike insurance plans.
- This add-on costs around 10% more than standard comprehensive and standalone own-damage policy but helps the policyholder get registration charges, depreciation amount as well as road tax charges in addition to the selling price of the bike in case of total loss or theft.
- This add-on is applicable only if the insured’s bike is extremely damaged and is not in usable condition. It is not applicable in case of minor damages.
Also read: List of Two-Wheeler Insurance Add-ons
Benefits of Return to Invoice Cover
Return to Invoice cover is offered by the two-wheeler insurance company to the policyholder in order to bridge the gap between the two-wheeler’s invoice value and its IDV or Insured Declared Value. In case you avail RTI Cover, then you are eligible to get reimbursement for the total loss incurred i.e. the showroom price paid for the bike, in case the bike gets stolen.
Some of the benefits of Return to Invoice cover in two-wheeler insurance are as follows:
- Return to Invoice cover helps in enhancing the coverage of your two-wheeler insurance policy as it offers your bike better protection against theft or complete damage/ loss to your vehicle.
- It offers protection to you against losses incurred in the event when your insured two-wheeler gets stolen. This is due to the fact that as a benefit derived from RTI cover, the insurance company would compensate for your vehicle according to the last invoice value, without taking into account depreciation.
- If your insured bike gets damaged to a point where repair is not possible, then with the help of Return to Invoice cover, you can get the similar or same model of your bike, at the last invoice value of the insured vehicle.
- Return to Invoice cover is beneficial especially for the new bikes as it offers the owner with much-needed peace of mind that could get disturbed in case their bike gets stolen or damaged beyond repair.
Who Should Opt For Return To Invoice Cover?
Ideally, the Return To Invoice cover should be opted by all bike owner, however, it is extremely important for the following people:
- People who have purchased a brand new two-wheeler/bike.
- People living in areas where bike theft is common.
- People who do not have secure parking spaces.
- People who travel for long distances regularly and are vulnerable to road accidents.
- People who own a bike, which is not more than three years old.
Bike Insurance for Popular Bike Models
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Star City Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Radeon Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Shine Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda SP 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Scooty Pep Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Scooty Zest Insurance Quotes
- View TVS XL100 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS iQube Electric Insurance Quotes
- View Ola S1 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha R15 V4 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha FZS-FI V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Hness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa Perak Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Insurance Quotes
Explore Two Wheeler Insurance
Two Wheeler Insurance Add-ons
Bike Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Return To Invoice Cover (RTI) in Bike Insurance FAQ
Can I opt for a Return To Invoice add-on with a third party bike insurance plan?
No. The Return To Invoice (Invoice Protection) add-on is not available with a third party bike insurance plan.
Can I add other add-ons also along with the Return To Invoice cover to my bike insurance plan?
Yes, you can add as many add-ons as you wish with the Return To Invoice cover to your standard comprehensive or standalone own-damage bike insurance plan.
Can I use my Return To Invoice cover in case of minor damages?
No, the Return To Invoice cover is applicable only in case of total case i.e. when the cost of repair is more than 70% of the IDV.
When can I opt for the Return To Invoice cover?
You can opt for the Return To Invoice cover either at the time of policy purchase or its renewal.
Will the Return To Invoice cover compensate for the road tax paid by me at the time of purchase of my bike?
Yes, the Return To Invoice cover will provide a compensation amount equivalent to the amount mentioned in the invoice which includes bike registration charges and applicable taxes.
Bike Insurance News
- Engine Protection Add-on Cover in Two-Wheeler Insu...
Read this article to know more about engine protection add-o...19 October 2021
- Keep Pillion Rider Safe During Long Distance Bikin...
Keeping Pillion Rider Safe during long-distance biking is no...19 October 2021
- Top Reasons To Purchase Bike Insurance At Oriental...
Top reasons to buy bike insurance from Oriental Insurance. R...18 October 2021
- Transferring Your Bike’s Ownership And Its Insuran...
Read this article to take a note of the things that you shou...18 October 2021
- Top Reasons for Bike Insurance Claim Rejection
Read this article to understand the reasons why bike insuran...17 October 2021
- Benefits of Multi-Year Two-Wheeler Insurance Cover...
Multi-year two-wheeler insurance is quite beneficial for the...18 September 2021
- Should I Purchase Two-Wheeler Insurance Online?
Read this article to know if you should consider purchasing ...22 August 2021
- Top Ways to Save Money on Bike Insurance Renewal
Read to know about some ways to save money on the renewal of...29 August 2021
- Everything About Personal Accident Cover in Bike I...
It offers financial aid to the policyholder against bodily i...17 September 2021
- How To Get Your Bike Insurance Policy Renewed Fast...
To drive a car without holding an insurance policy is a puni...10 September 2021