Return To Invoice Cover (RTI) in Two Wheeler Insurance
Return to Invoice is an optional add-on that meets the gap between the invoice price of your bike and the Insured Declared Value or IDV in addition to registration and other taxes as applicable. This add-on cover can be availed by the policyholder with standalone own damage policy or comprehensive bike insurance policy. This insurance cover is applicable if the policyholder’s bike is extremely damaged and cannot be used further. However, for small loss or damage, this add-on is not applicable.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Bike Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 75cc two wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Bike Insurance
Return To Invoice Cover in Bike Insurance - A standard two-wheeler insurance plan, be it a comprehensive plan or a standalone own-damage plan, provides you insurance coverage for the own damages sustained by your bike in case of mishaps such as road accidents, natural/man-made calamities, fire, theft, riots, etc.
In case of a constructive total loss, i.e, when the insured’s bike is damaged beyond repair (more than 70% damage) or when the insured’s bike gets stolen, the insurer offers Insured Declared Value of the bike as compensation. IDV refers to the market price of the insured’s bike less depreciation.
However, this IDV is lesser than the invoice amount which the policyholder had actually paid at the time of purchasing the bike. The invoice price includes registration charges as well as road tax charges in addition to the selling price of the bike.
When you opt for a Return To Invoice (RTI) bike insurance add-on cover, you can bridge the gap between the IDV and the invoice price. Return To Invoice cover, also known as Invoice Protection Cover, helps you to receive the invoice price and not the IDV as the claim amount. With this add-on clubbed with a comprehensive or standalone own-damage bike insurance plan, you can receive an amount equivalent to the on-road price of your bike in the case of total loss or theft.
Features of Return To Invoice Cover
- Like all other bike insurance add-on covers, Return to Invoice cover is available with comprehensive bike insurance plans and standalone own-damage bike insurance plans.
- This add-on costs around 10% more than standard comprehensive and standalone own-damage policy but helps the policyholder get registration charges, depreciation amount as well as road tax charges in addition to the selling price of the bike in case of total loss or theft.
- This add-on is applicable only if the insured’s bike is extremely damaged and is not in usable condition. It is not applicable in case of minor damages.
Also read: List of Two-Wheeler Insurance Add-ons
Benefits of Return to Invoice Cover
Return to Invoice cover is offered by the two-wheeler insurance company to the policyholder in order to bridge the gap between the two-wheeler’s invoice value and its IDV or Insured Declared Value. In case you avail RTI Cover, then you are eligible to get reimbursement for the total loss incurred i.e. the showroom price paid for the bike, in case the bike gets stolen.
Some of the benefits of Return to Invoice cover in two-wheeler insurance are as follows:
- Return to Invoice cover helps in enhancing the coverage of your two-wheeler insurance policy as it offers your bike better protection against theft or complete damage/ loss to your vehicle.
- It offers protection to you against losses incurred in the event when your insured two-wheeler gets stolen. This is due to the fact that as a benefit derived from RTI cover, the insurance company would compensate for your vehicle according to the last invoice value, without taking into account depreciation.
- If your insured bike gets damaged to a point where repair is not possible, then with the help of Return to Invoice cover, you can get the similar or same model of your bike, at the last invoice value of the insured vehicle.
- Return to Invoice cover is beneficial especially for the new bikes as it offers the owner with much-needed peace of mind that could get disturbed in case their bike gets stolen or damaged beyond repair.
Who Should Opt For Return To Invoice Cover?
Ideally, the Return To Invoice cover should be opted by all bike owner, however, it is extremely important for the following people:
- People who have purchased a brand new two-wheeler/bike.
- People living in areas where bike theft is common.
- People who do not have secure parking spaces.
- People who travel for long distances regularly and are vulnerable to road accidents.
- People who own a bike, which is not more than three years old.
Bike Insurance for Popular Bike Models
Bike Insurance Add on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz
- Bharti Axa
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Star City Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Radeon Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Honda SP 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Scooty Pep Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Scooty Zest Insurance Quotes
- View TVS XL100 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS iQube Electric Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha MT-15 Version 2.0 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar N160 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha R15 V4 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha FZS-FI V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda H'ness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Yezdi Roadster Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa Perak Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda CB350RS Insurance Quotes
- View Harley Davidson Fat Bob 114 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Insurance Quotes
Explore Two Wheeler Insurance
Two Wheeler Insurance Add-ons
Bike Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Return To Invoice Cover (RTI) in Bike Insurance FAQ
Can I opt for a Return To Invoice add-on with a third party bike insurance plan?
No. The Return To Invoice (Invoice Protection) add-on is not available with a third party bike insurance plan.
Can I add other add-ons also along with the Return To Invoice cover to my bike insurance plan?
Yes, you can add as many add-ons as you wish with the Return To Invoice cover to your standard comprehensive or standalone own-damage bike insurance plan.
Can I use my Return To Invoice cover in case of minor damages?
No, the Return To Invoice cover is applicable only in case of total case i.e. when the cost of repair is more than 70% of the IDV.
When can I opt for the Return To Invoice cover?
You can opt for the Return To Invoice cover either at the time of policy purchase or its renewal.
Will the Return To Invoice cover compensate for the road tax paid by me at the time of purchase of my bike?
Yes, the Return To Invoice cover will provide a compensation amount equivalent to the amount mentioned in the invoice which includes bike registration charges and applicable taxes.
Bike Insurance News
- Factors To Consider When Buying An Electronic Two-...
Read this article to learn why getting e-bike insurance from...03 July 2022
- How To Get A Cheap Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy?
Learn how to get a cheap two-wheeler insurance policy here.02 July 2022
- 10 Things to Think About Before Buying a Used Bike
Due to the abundance of good-condition two-wheelers, many in...01 July 2022
- Are Add-On Covers in a Two-Wheeler Insurance Polic...
Insurance for two-wheelers Add-on covers are optional covera...01 July 2022
- Renewing Your Two-Wheeler Insurance in the Most Po...
When insurance was first introduced, the only method to obta...30 June 2022
- Why Shouldn't You Use a Fancy Number Plate On Your...
Know why you shouldn't use a fancy number plate on you bike....04 May 2022
- 10 Tips For Riding In Congested Areas
Here are some tips that will help you manage your bike ridin...04 May 2022
- Renewal Benefits for Two-Wheeler Insurance
Here are some of the benefits of renewing your bike insuranc...06 May 2022
- How Can You Check Your Bike Insurance Policy's Exp...
Perhaps you're looking for a step-by-step guide on how to ch...14 May 2022
- Learn Everything About Bike Registration Through R...
Read on to learn more about how to register your new bike an...19 May 2022