No Claim Bonus (NCB) in Two Wheeler Insurance
No Claim Bonus Protect Cover Add-on in Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
A No Claim Bonus (NCB) is a discount offered as a reward by the insurance company to the policyholder on the own-damage premium amount of the bike insurance policy. This reward is offered for not making a claim during the entire tenure of the bike insurance policy. The NCB discount percentage ranges between 20%-50% depending on the number of claim-free years. The NCB discount is available at the time of policy renewal.
Number of Claim-Free Years
NCB Offered on Own-Damage Premium
(NCB Percentage is set by IRDAI)
NCB is available only if the policyholder has not made even a single claim during the entire policy period. Thus, if a policyholder makes even one claim, he/she is not entitled to the NCB. However, by opting for a bike insurance add-on cover known as the NCB Protect, a policyholder can keep his/her NCB safe and intact even after making a claim during the tenure of the policy.
Benefits of No Claim Bonus in Bike Insurance
The benefits of No claim bonus in bike insurance is mentioned below:
- Retain NCB: The policyholder can retain the No claim bonus on their bike but not raise claim during their plan term.
- Transferable: The NCB can be transferred to a different insurer in case if the policyholder does not file for any claim as it belongs solely to them. The benefits of No claim bonus can be availed of at the time of renewal of the two wheeler insurance plan.
- Reduces Premium: If there is no claim raised by the policyholder during the entire insurance plan tenure, the collected NCB can be used as a discount at the time of payment of premium for policy renewal.
- Offers Reward: NCB can be used for giving rewards to the insurer for safely driving and filing a claim during the policy tenure. It is given in the form of a discount to encourage the policyholder to drive their bike safely on the road.
Who Should Get A No Claim Bonus Protect Cover?
Ideally, all bike owners should opt for the NCB Protection cover, however, it is more recommended for the following:
- New riders
- Bike owners who wish to save the reward for not making many claims.
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Shine Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Passion Pro Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Glamour Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Quotes
- View Suzuki Access 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Dio Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Pleasure Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS XL100 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS160 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Hness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa Perak Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes
Add-on Covers For Your Bike Insurance Policy
Bike Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
NCB in Two Wheeler Insurance FAQ
When can I opt for the NCB Protect cover?
The NCB Protect cover can be opted for either at the time of policy purchase or policy renewal. Also, there are some insurance companies which allow addition of add-on covers in between the policy period.
Is the NCB Cover add-on available with a third party bike insurance plan?
No. Like all other bike insurance add-ons, the NCB Protect cover is also available with only comprehensive and standalone own-damage bike insurance plans and not with a third party bike insurance plan.
How many claims are allowed with the NCB Protect cover?
The number of claims allowed with the NCB Protect cover vary from insurance company to insurance company. However, generally up to 2 claims are allowed with the NCB Protect cover.
Can I add other add-ons also along with the NCB Protect cover to my bike insurance plan?
Yes, you can add as many add-ons as you wish with the NCB Protect Cover to your standard comprehensive/standalone own-damage bike insurance policy.
When am I entitled to receive the NCB on the own-damage premium of my bike insurance policy?
The NCB on the own-damage premium of your bike insurance policy is available to you at the time of policy renewal.
What are the documents required for transferring No claim bonus?Although, the set of documents can be altered as per the different insurers. However, the following documents are needed for transfer of NCB existing insurance to new two wheeler insurance: Seller/Buyer Agreement (Form 30 and Form 29), Transfer Certificate of NCB, Copy of Delivery Note (if selling an old bike), Booking Receipt Copy (If purchasing a new two wheeler), Bike Insurance Photocopy
How can I calculate No Claim Bonus for Bike Insurance?The No claim bonus calculation is done on the basis of the claim free years. To simplify, the discount percentage is subject to the number of claim free years.
What situations can lead to termination of NCB?Under the below circumstances NCB can get terminated: 1. The insurance plan renewal should be done within the 90 days of policy expiry date, failing to which the No Claim Bonus can get terminated. 2. If at the time of policy tenure, a claim has been filed by the policyholder, it leads to termination of NCB as the benefits of the bonus cannot be availed now.
Can NCB be transferred at the time of purchasing a new two-wheeler?The NCB is transferable from your old two wheeler to new one, if you decide to purchase a new vehicle provided you remain the policyholder. No claim bonus is for the policyholder and not for the two wheeler.
Is it possible to use NCB for multiple two wheelers?NO, NCB is offered for just a single insured bike. The benefits for one policy cannot be used for another policy.
Bike Insurance News
- Guide To Buy Bike Insurance For Old Bikes
Are you planning on buying insurance for an old bike? This p...20 January 2021
- Planning To Buy A Second Hand Motorcycle? Here Are...
Looking for a second hand motorcycle? This post is for you!20 January 2021
- How To Reduce Premium Of Your Bike Insurance Polic...
You may be wondering if there is a way to reduce the premium...19 January 2021
- Top 5 Things To Keep In Mind When Renewing Bike In...
Planning to renew your bike insurance? Read this post.19 January 2021
- Tips To Choose The Best Protective Gear For Riding...
Let’s read all about how to choose the best protective gear ...18 January 2021
- How to Check Vehicle Owner Details By Registration...
There are many scenarios in which you may want to find out a...28 November 2020
- Best Electric Two-Wheelers in India in 2021
Electric two wheelers are becoming increasingly popular in t...27 November 2020
- Advantages Of Personal Accident Cover With Two Whe...
Two wheelers are at greater risks for accidents than other v...28 November 2020
- Two-Wheeler Sanitization Checklist
Keeping all your surroundings clean and sanitised is of utmo...29 November 2020
- Important Items In A Biker’s Riding Kit
There may be many instances where you have taken a trip on y...29 November 2020