No Claim Bonus (NCB) in Two Wheeler Insurance
No Claim Bonus Protect Cover Add-on in Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
A No Claim Bonus (NCB) is a discount offered as a reward by the insurance company to the policyholder on the own-damage premium amount of the bike insurance policy. This reward is offered for not making a claim during the entire tenure of the bike insurance policy. The NCB discount percentage ranges between 20%-50% depending on the number of claim-free years. The NCB discount is available at the time of policy renewal.
Number of Claim-Free Years
NCB Offered on Own-Damage Premium
(NCB Percentage is set by IRDAI)
NCB is available only if the policyholder has not made even a single claim during the entire policy period. Thus, if a policyholder makes even one claim, he/she is not entitled to the NCB. However, by opting for a bike insurance add-on cover known as the NCB Protect, a policyholder can keep his/her NCB safe and intact even after making a claim during the tenure of the policy.
Benefits of No Claim Bonus in Bike Insurance
The benefits of No claim bonus in bike insurance is mentioned below:
- Retain NCB: The policyholder can retain the No claim bonus on their bike but not raise claim during their plan term.
- Transferable: The NCB can be transferred to a different insurer in case if the policyholder does not file for any claim as it belongs solely to them. The benefits of No claim bonus can be availed of at the time of renewal of the two wheeler insurance plan.
- Reduces Premium: If there is no claim raised by the policyholder during the entire insurance plan tenure, the collected NCB can be used as a discount at the time of payment of premium for policy renewal.
- Offers Reward: NCB can be used for giving rewards to the insurer for safely driving and filing a claim during the policy tenure. It is given in the form of a discount to encourage the policyholder to drive their bike safely on the road.
Who Should Get A No Claim Bonus Protect Cover?
Ideally, all bike owners should opt for the NCB Protection cover, however, it is more recommended for the following:
- New riders
- Bike owners who wish to save the reward for not making many claims.
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Shine Insurance Quotes
- View Honda SP 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Passion Pro Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View Suzuki Access 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Dio Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Pleasure Plus Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Chetak Insurance Quotes
- View Ather 450X Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha FZS-FI V3 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 200 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Hness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Triumph Rocket 3 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa Perak Insurance Quotes
Bike Insurance Add-ons
Bike Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
NCB in Two Wheeler Insurance FAQ
When can I opt for the NCB Protect cover?
The NCB Protect cover can be opted for either at the time of policy purchase or policy renewal. Also, there are some insurance companies which allow addition of add-on covers in between the policy period.
Is the NCB Cover add-on available with a third party bike insurance plan?
No. Like all other bike insurance add-ons, the NCB Protect cover is also available with only comprehensive and standalone own-damage bike insurance plans and not with a third party bike insurance plan.
How many claims are allowed with the NCB Protect cover?
The number of claims allowed with the NCB Protect cover vary from insurance company to insurance company. However, generally up to 2 claims are allowed with the NCB Protect cover.
Can I add other add-ons also along with the NCB Protect cover to my bike insurance plan?
Yes, you can add as many add-ons as you wish with the NCB Protect Cover to your standard comprehensive/standalone own-damage bike insurance policy.
When am I entitled to receive the NCB on the own-damage premium of my bike insurance policy?
The NCB on the own-damage premium of your bike insurance policy is available to you at the time of policy renewal.
What are the documents required for transferring No claim bonus?Although, the set of documents can be altered as per the different insurers. However, the following documents are needed for transfer of NCB existing insurance to new two wheeler insurance: Seller/Buyer Agreement (Form 30 and Form 29), Transfer Certificate of NCB, Copy of Delivery Note (if selling an old bike), Booking Receipt Copy (If purchasing a new two wheeler), Bike Insurance Photocopy
How can I calculate No Claim Bonus for Bike Insurance?The No claim bonus calculation is done on the basis of the claim free years. To simplify, the discount percentage is subject to the number of claim free years.
What situations can lead to termination of NCB?Under the below circumstances NCB can get terminated: 1. The insurance plan renewal should be done within the 90 days of policy expiry date, failing to which the No Claim Bonus can get terminated. 2. If at the time of policy tenure, a claim has been filed by the policyholder, it leads to termination of NCB as the benefits of the bonus cannot be availed now.
Can NCB be transferred at the time of purchasing a new two-wheeler?The NCB is transferable from your old two wheeler to new one, if you decide to purchase a new vehicle provided you remain the policyholder. No claim bonus is for the policyholder and not for the two wheeler.
Is it possible to use NCB for multiple two wheelers?NO, NCB is offered for just a single insured bike. The benefits for one policy cannot be used for another policy.
Bike Insurance News
- How to Save Money While Purchasing Bike Insurance?
Read this post to know how to save money while purchasing bi...19 April 2021
- Top Best Sports Bikes In India 2021
Let us find out the top best sports bikes in India 2021.19 April 2021
- Best Bajaj Pulsar Models With The Best Mileage
Read this article to learn about best Bajaj Pulsar models wi...18 April 2021
- Best Bajaj Pulsar Variants Under Rs. 1 Lakh
Check this article for the best Bajaj Pulsar variants under ...18 April 2021
- List of Bike Insurance Companies List In India
Are you choosing the ideal bike or scooter model? Here is a ...17 April 2021
- PUC Certificate: Check Your Vehicle Pollution Cert...
Have you ever wondered your pollution certificate status onl...16 March 2021
- Traffic Fines in 2021: New Rules, Applicable Penal...
In this article, we have listed the applicable fines and pen...04 March 2021
- How to Find A Bike’s Registration Number And Chass...
Check this post if you want to learn how to find a bike's re...20 February 2021
- How To Search Bike Owner Details With The Help of ...
This article mentions how you can check the vehicle registra...07 March 2021
- Why Is a VIN or a Chassis Number Important?
Know all about the VIN and chassis number of your bike04 March 2021