Consumables Add On Cover in Two Wheeler Insurance
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Bike Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 75cc two wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Bike Insurance
Consumables are parts or factors of the bike that when used are completely consumed. These are not reusable and cannot be replenished again. In a bike, consumables can be nuts, bolts, lubricants, screws, brake oil, grease, fuel filter, and gas of the air conditioner. Consumables are small things which can add up to the overall expense. And because two-wheeler insurance companies do not usually cover the expenses related to consumables under standard two wheeler insurance policies, it becomes important to get it as an add-on. Consumables cover add-on can be purchased along with a standard standalone own-damage bike insurance policy or a comprehensive bike insurance policy. But for this, the insurance companies do charge an extra premium. Buying this add-on cover is not mandatory but doing so is a smart option as it covers the insured in difficult times.
What Is Consumables Cover Add-On in Bike Insurance?
Consumables cover add-on in bike insurance offers extra coverage for consumable items that a basic bike insurance policy does not cover. The add-on cover helps the insured save on all the consumable items no matter how small they are. One can purchase this add-on cover voluntarily along with the standard bike insurance policy, which can either be a standalone own-damage bike insurance policy or a comprehensive bike insurance policy. The add-on cover offers complete protection against expenses towards consumables that are unfit to be used in the future, in case the damage has been caused due to an accident. Apart from the items mentioned above, consumables cover also protects the insured against expenses related to clips, distilled water, bearing oil, gearbox oil, radiator coolant, battery, and washers. It is an essential add-on cover that gives additional coverage to the insured’s bike thereby offering him/her a stress-free ride. So, it is a smart option to select this add-on cover as it not only offers peace of mind but also makes the insured super secure.
Who Should Opt for Consumables Add-On Cover?
Consumables Cover Bike Insurance Add-On should ideally be opted by the following:
- A bike owner who wishes to save expenses on small items like engine oil, etc.
- A bike owner whose bike is not more than 5 years old.
- A bike owner who wishes to get complete protection in case of a misfortune event of an accident.
Benefits of Consumable Add-On Cover in Two-Wheeler Insurance
With the help of an add-on, you can enhance your coverage that the standard comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan is not sufficient to provide alone. Although an add-on cover comes at the cost of a slightly additional premium amount, you can stay assured that your bike is covered well when talking about insurance coverage. Although, individual motor vehicle consumables do not cost that much, however, there are various consumable components that you are required to change at the time of getting your vehicle fixed, and they can be pretty costly.
Some of the benefits of Bike consumable add-on cover are as follows:
- Lesser burden financially.
- Coverage for gearbox and engine oil.
- Peace of mind as you are aware that the insurance company will be paying for the consumables.
- End-to-End Protection of your insured vehicle.
- Wider coverage in respect to Claim settlement.
What is Included in a Two-Wheeler Consumable Cover?
The key inclusions of two-wheeler consumable cover are as follows:
- Gearbox Oil
- Engine Oil
- Nut and Bolt
- Distilled Water
- Grease and Lubricants
- Oil Filter
- Brake Oil
Bike Insurance for Popular Bike Models
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Star City Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Radeon Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Shine Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda SP 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Scooty Pep Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Scooty Zest Insurance Quotes
- View TVS XL100 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS iQube Electric Insurance Quotes
- View Ola S1 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha R15 V4 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha FZS-FI V3 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Hness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa Perak Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa Insurance Quotes
Explore Two Wheeler Insurance
Two Wheeler Insurance Add-ons
Bike Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Consumables cover in Two Wheeler Insurance FAQ
What are consumable items in a bike?
Consumables are parts or factors of the bike that when used are completely consumed. They can not be reused. Materials such as nuts, bolts, lubricants, brake oils, grease, fuel filter, screws etc. are consumables in bikes.
What is a consumable cover add-on in bike insurance?
Consumables cover add-on is an additional benefit that you can purchase along with your standard bike insurance policy. It covers you against the cost of replacement or bike parts like screws, engine oils, grease, nuts and bolts, etc.
Is it mandatory to get consumables cover add-on along with a standard bike insurance policy?
No. It is not mandatory to purchase consumables cover add-on. However, if you wish to, then you can purchase it voluntarily without any influence.
Will I be required to pay an extra premium to get consumables cover add-on?
Yes. As the add-on cover offers you additional coverage, therefore you will be required to pay an extra premium to get it.
I have a standalone own-damage bike insurance policy. Can I purchase the consumables cover add-on benefit?
Yes. You can purchase a consumables cover add-on along with a standalone own-damage bike insurance policy or a comprehensive bike insurance policy.
My bike is 4 years old. Can I purchase the consumables cover add-on for it?
Yes. You can purchase the consumables cover add-on for bikes not older than 5 years.
In which situations can I not make a claim under this add-on?
You can not make a claim under consumable cover add-on if you are driving maliciously, if you are intoxicated, or if the breakdown has happened due to wear and tear of the bike parts.
I own a comprehensive bike insurance policy. Can I get this add-on cover?
Yes. You can purchase this add-on along with a comprehensive bike insurance policy as well as a standalone own-damage bike insurance policy.
When can I purchase a consumables cover add-on?
You can purchase consumables cover add-on when purchasing a new bike insurance policy or at the time of renewal.
Is the consumable cover add-on expensive?
Consumables cover add-on can be purchased at an affordable premium.
Bike Insurance News
- Top two-wheeler insurance add-on covers offered by...
Read this article to know about the top two-wheeler insuranc...27 October 2021
- How to make two-wheeler insurance claim at Kotak G...
Read this article to know how to make a two-wheeler insuranc...27 October 2021
- All you need to know about Tata AIG two-wheeler in...
Purchasing insurance for your two-wheeler is important and s...26 October 2021
- Kotak Third-Party Bike Insurance Policy Explained
Read this article to know about Kotak’s third-party bike ins...26 October 2021
- How Can I Check My Edelweiss Two-Wheeler Insurance...
Read this article to know how to check the Edelweiss two-whe...25 October 2021
- Benefits of Multi-Year Two-Wheeler Insurance Cover...
Multi-year two-wheeler insurance is quite beneficial for the...18 September 2021
- Top Ways to Save Money on Bike Insurance Renewal
Read to know about some ways to save money on the renewal of...29 August 2021
- Everything About Personal Accident Cover in Bike I...
It offers financial aid to the policyholder against bodily i...17 September 2021
- How To Get Your Bike Insurance Policy Renewed Fast...
To drive a car without holding an insurance policy is a puni...10 September 2021
- Anti-Lock Braking System And Its Important Factors
This article will talk about the many aspects of the Anti-Lo...09 September 2021