Consumables Add On Cover in Two Wheeler Insurance
A consumable add-on cover in two wheeler insurance provides the policyholder with additional coverage for the consumable items (such as bolts ,nuts, engine oil, pipes, grease, etc) that are not covered under a standard two-wheeler insurance plan. As other add-on covers, this too can be purchased along with a comprehensive bike insurance plan and standalone own damage bike 6. insurance plan.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Bike Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 75cc two wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Bike Insurance
Consumables are parts or factors of the bike that when used are completely consumed. These are not reusable and cannot be replenished again. In a bike, consumables can be nuts, bolts, lubricants, screws, brake oil, grease, fuel filter, and gas of the air conditioner. Consumables are small things which can add up to the overall expense. And because two-wheeler insurance companies do not usually cover the expenses related to consumables under standard two wheeler insurance policies, it becomes important to get it as an add-on. Consumables cover add-on can be purchased along with a standard standalone own-damage bike insurance policy or a comprehensive bike insurance policy. But for this, the insurance companies do charge an extra premium. Buying this add-on cover is not mandatory but doing so is a smart option as it covers the insured in difficult times.
What Is Consumables Cover Add-On in Bike Insurance?
Consumables cover add-on in bike insurance offers extra coverage for consumable items that a basic bike insurance policy does not cover. The add-on cover helps the insured save on all the consumable items no matter how small they are. One can purchase this add-on cover voluntarily along with the standard bike insurance policy, which can either be a standalone own-damage bike insurance policy or a comprehensive bike insurance policy. The add-on cover offers complete protection against expenses towards consumables that are unfit to be used in the future, in case the damage has been caused due to an accident. Apart from the items mentioned above, consumables cover also protects the insured against expenses related to clips, distilled water, bearing oil, gearbox oil, radiator coolant, battery, and washers. It is an essential add-on cover that gives additional coverage to the insured’s bike thereby offering him/her a stress-free ride. So, it is a smart option to select this add-on cover as it not only offers peace of mind but also makes the insured super secure.
Who Should Opt for Consumables Add-On Cover?
Consumables Cover Bike Insurance Add-On should ideally be opted by the following:
- A bike owner who wishes to save expenses on small items like engine oil, etc.
- A bike owner whose bike is not more than 5 years old.
- A bike owner who wishes to get complete protection in case of a misfortune event of an accident.
Benefits of Consumable Add-On Cover in Two-Wheeler Insurance
With the help of an add-on, you can enhance your coverage that the standard comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan is not sufficient to provide alone. Although an add-on cover comes at the cost of a slightly additional premium amount, you can stay assured that your bike is covered well when talking about insurance coverage. Although, individual motor vehicle consumables do not cost that much, however, there are various consumable components that you are required to change at the time of getting your vehicle fixed, and they can be pretty costly.
Some of the benefits of Bike consumable add-on cover are as follows:
- Lesser burden financially.
- Coverage for gearbox and engine oil.
- Peace of mind as you are aware that the insurance company will be paying for the consumables.
- End-to-End Protection of your insured vehicle.
- Wider coverage in respect to Claim settlement.
What is Included in a Two-Wheeler Consumable Cover?
The key inclusions of two-wheeler consumable cover are as follows:
- Gearbox Oil
- Engine Oil
- Nut and Bolt
- Distilled Water
- Grease and Lubricants
- Oil Filter
- Brake Oil
Bike Insurance for Popular Bike Models
Bike Insurance Add on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz
- Bharti Axa
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Star City Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Radeon Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Honda SP 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Shine Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Scooty Pep Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Scooty Zest Insurance Quotes
- View TVS XL100 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS iQube Electric Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha MT-15 Version 2.0 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar N160 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha R15 V4 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha FZS-FI V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda H'ness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Yezdi Roadster Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa Perak Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda CB350RS Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Harley Davidson Fat Bob 114 Insurance Quotes
Explore Two Wheeler Insurance
Two Wheeler Insurance Add-ons
Bike Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Consumables cover in Two Wheeler Insurance FAQ
What are consumable items in a bike?
Consumables are parts or factors of the bike that when used are completely consumed. They can not be reused. Materials such as nuts, bolts, lubricants, brake oils, grease, fuel filter, screws etc. are consumables in bikes.
What is a consumable cover add-on in bike insurance?
Consumables cover add-on is an additional benefit that you can purchase along with your standard bike insurance policy. It covers you against the cost of replacement or bike parts like screws, engine oils, grease, nuts and bolts, etc.
Is it mandatory to get consumables cover add-on along with a standard bike insurance policy?
No. It is not mandatory to purchase consumables cover add-on. However, if you wish to, then you can purchase it voluntarily without any influence.
Will I be required to pay an extra premium to get consumables cover add-on?
Yes. As the add-on cover offers you additional coverage, therefore you will be required to pay an extra premium to get it.
I have a standalone own-damage bike insurance policy. Can I purchase the consumables cover add-on benefit?
Yes. You can purchase a consumables cover add-on along with a standalone own-damage bike insurance policy or a comprehensive bike insurance policy.
My bike is 4 years old. Can I purchase the consumables cover add-on for it?
Yes. You can purchase the consumables cover add-on for bikes not older than 5 years.
In which situations can I not make a claim under this add-on?
You can not make a claim under consumable cover add-on if you are driving maliciously, if you are intoxicated, or if the breakdown has happened due to wear and tear of the bike parts.
I own a comprehensive bike insurance policy. Can I get this add-on cover?
Yes. You can purchase this add-on along with a comprehensive bike insurance policy as well as a standalone own-damage bike insurance policy.
When can I purchase a consumables cover add-on?
You can purchase consumables cover add-on when purchasing a new bike insurance policy or at the time of renewal.
Is the consumable cover add-on expensive?
Consumables cover add-on can be purchased at an affordable premium.
Bike Insurance News
- Factors To Consider When Buying An Electronic Two-...
Read this article to learn why getting e-bike insurance from...03 July 2022
- How To Get A Cheap Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy?
Learn how to get a cheap two-wheeler insurance policy here.02 July 2022
- 10 Things to Think About Before Buying a Used Bike
Due to the abundance of good-condition two-wheelers, many in...01 July 2022
- Are Add-On Covers in a Two-Wheeler Insurance Polic...
Insurance for two-wheelers Add-on covers are optional covera...01 July 2022
- Renewing Your Two-Wheeler Insurance in the Most Po...
When insurance was first introduced, the only method to obta...30 June 2022
- How Can You Check Your Bike Insurance Policy's Exp...
Perhaps you're looking for a step-by-step guide on how to ch...14 May 2022
- Renewal Benefits for Two-Wheeler Insurance
Here are some of the benefits of renewing your bike insuranc...06 May 2022
- Learn Everything About Bike Registration Through R...
Read on to learn more about how to register your new bike an...19 May 2022
- Getting Two-Wheeler Insurance for Old Vehicles: A ...
Learn how to obtain two-wheeler insurance for vintage automo...07 May 2022
- Considering Two-Wheeler Insurance? Know About IRDA...
Consider Two-Wheeler Protection. Below are the IRDAI Rules f...05 May 2022