Roadside Assistance in Two Wheeler Insurance
Roadside Assistance add-on cover provides the policyholder with on the spot assistance in case their two-wheeler gets broken down in the middle of the path. This add-on cover offers the insured with services like tyre puncture, jump start, etc even if a small accident happens. A policyholder can avail this add on cover by paying a little extra premium over and above the premium paid towards your bike insurance plan.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Bike Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 75cc two wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Bike Insurance
Malfunctioning of bikes is common and can put anyone in a situation where they require urgent help in order to be rescued. In such situations, visiting the regular garage may not always be possible. Therefore, getting a roadside assistance add-on cover is of prime importance. The bike insurance add-on cover offers much-needed protection to the insured when he/she is stuck on the road. One can avail of the benefit by simply calling the roadside assistance number provided by the insurer, and the designated person will reach out for help within the stipulated time. With a roadside assistance add-on cover, one can easily escape from all the hassles irrespective of the place the breakdown has happened, as far as the claim is in accordance with the terms and conditions of the two wheeler insurance policy.
What Is Roadside Assistance in Bike Insurance?
Roadside assistance in bike insurance is an add-on cover that anyone can purchase voluntarily along with a standard bike insurance policy by paying an extra bike insurance premium. Be it a flat tyre or if your bike has been towed, the roadside assistance add-on cover offers complete coverage at all times. Other facilities that the insured can enjoy with this add-on cover include repair on the spot, puncture assistance, emergency fuel delivery, vehicle key lock-out assistance, cab service, accommodation, shipment of spares, teleassistance, route guidance, and relay of the emergency message. The add-on cover offers additional coverage at an affordable premium so that the insured can experience a smooth and stress-free ride. Note that a roadside assistance add-on cover can only be purchased with a standalone own-damage bike insurance policy or a comprehensive bike insurance policy.
Benefits of Buying Roadside Assistance Add-On in Bike Insurance
Some of the benefits of purchasing a roadside assistance add-on cover are as follows:
Peace of Mind
Just the thought of knowing that your two-wheeler insurance company has got your back if the bike breaks down while on the journey is very much comforting. With a Roadside Assistance cover, you can easily ride your bike without having to worry much about what you are going to do in case your bike faces any problem while on the road.
Instant Help from Insurer
After you have intimated the insurance company regarding your location, they will instantly arrange for a mechanic. The mechanic will examine the bike at the breakdown spot, in case, it can’t get repaired on the spot, then it will be towed to a nearby workshop for repair purposes. With a Roadside Assistance Add-On cover you are not required to manage such incidents, the insurance company would do it in your place.
Roadside Assistance Add-On covers are not at all costly, instead, they add value to your hard-earned money. Although, including them in your comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan will result in a slight increase in payable premium yet by paying such a small cost can help you in accessing valuable service during the time of emergency.
Roadside Assistance Bike Insurance Add-On Cover should ideally be purchased by the following:
- Bike owners who travel often.
- Bike owners with a bike that is less than 5 years old.
- Someone who can not imagine having even minor repairs done to their bike.
Bike Insurance for Popular Bike Models
Bike Insurance Add on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz
- Bharti Axa
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Star City Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Radeon Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Honda SP 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Scooty Pep Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Scooty Zest Insurance Quotes
- View TVS XL100 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS iQube Electric Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha MT-15 Version 2.0 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar N160 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha R15 V4 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha FZS-FI V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda H'ness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Yezdi Roadster Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa Perak Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda CB350RS Insurance Quotes
- View Harley Davidson Fat Bob 114 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Insurance Quotes
Explore Two Wheeler Insurance
Two Wheeler Insurance Add-ons
Bike Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Roadside assistance in Two Wheeler Insurance FAQ
Is roadside assistance add-on cover the same as the breakdown cover?
Yes. The roadside assistance cover is the same as the breakdown cover.
What is included under roadside assistance add-on cover?
Roadside assistance add-on cover protects you in case of a flat tyre, flat battery, spare keys, minor repairs, urgent message to the relatives, fuel assistance, medical coordination, cab service, emergency fuel delivery, route guidance, and puncture assistance.
Is there any limit on the number of times the add-on cover of roadside assistance can be used?
Yes. The limit on the number of times the add-on cover of roadside assistance can be used differs may vary with different insurers, but is specified in the policy document. Usually, the limit is set for up to 2 times in a year.
How does roadside assistance add-on cover work?
In times of trouble, all you need to do is call on the number provided to you by the insurer and wait till you receive help. Note that you will be required to keep your policy details handy as the insurer will ask you about the same.
Can the insurance company reject my claim made under roadside assistance add-on cover?
Yes. If the claim is not made as per the terms and conditions of the policy, then the insurance company can reject it. Also, you will not be covered for any expenses if found driving drunk or without a valid driving license.
What is the flat tyre benefit under roadside assistance add-on cover?
In case you are stranded with your bike due to a flat tyre and have nowhere to run for help, then your insurer will help you by arranging the right technicians who will fix the problem.
I want to purchase a roadside assistance cover. What are the factors that I should consider?
The factors that you should consider when purchasing a roadside assistance add-on cover are-how easily you can reach out to your insurer, coverage benefits, service benefits, and if it comes with 24*7 support or not.
Will I be required to pay an extra premium to get roadside assistance add-on cover?
Yes. You will be required to pay an extra premium to get roadside assistance add-on cover along with your standard bike insurance policy.
How much premium will I be required to pay to buy roadside assistance add-on cover?
Roadside assistance add-on cover can be purchased at an affordable premium.
Is it mandatory to buy this add-on cover?
No. It is not mandatory to purchase a roadside assistance add-on cover. You can purchase this voluntarily as per your requirement.
Bike Insurance News
- Factors To Consider When Buying An Electronic Two-...
Read this article to learn why getting e-bike insurance from...03 July 2022
- How To Get A Cheap Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy?
Learn how to get a cheap two-wheeler insurance policy here.02 July 2022
- 10 Things to Think About Before Buying a Used Bike
Due to the abundance of good-condition two-wheelers, many in...01 July 2022
- Are Add-On Covers in a Two-Wheeler Insurance Polic...
Insurance for two-wheelers Add-on covers are optional covera...01 July 2022
- Renewing Your Two-Wheeler Insurance in the Most Po...
When insurance was first introduced, the only method to obta...30 June 2022
- 10 Tips For Riding In Congested Areas
Here are some tips that will help you manage your bike ridin...04 May 2022
- Why Shouldn't You Use a Fancy Number Plate On Your...
Know why you shouldn't use a fancy number plate on you bike....04 May 2022
- Renewal Benefits for Two-Wheeler Insurance
Here are some of the benefits of renewing your bike insuranc...06 May 2022
- How Can You Check Your Bike Insurance Policy's Exp...
Perhaps you're looking for a step-by-step guide on how to ch...14 May 2022
- Learn Everything About Bike Registration Through R...
Read on to learn more about how to register your new bike an...19 May 2022