Engine Protect Cover Add-on For Two Wheeler Insurance
Bike Engine Protection Cover Addon
Engine is the heart of a bike. It provides the necessary power for its movement. Like other bike parts, the bike’s engine is also vulnerable to damages. An engine damage may occur due to oil leakage or ingression of water.
By default, the standard bike insurance policies, be it comprehensive or standalone own-damage cover, do not provide coverage for your bike’s engine against damages. Thus, in order to insure the engine of your bike, you need to purchase a bike insurance add-on known as Engine Protect cover. This add-on helps you claim compensation for damages sustained by the engine of your bike and the internal parts of the engine.
What is Engine Protect Cover?
Engine Protect cover is a bike insurance add-on which is available for purchase with comprehensive and standalone own-damage insurance plans. This cover helps you get compensation for the damages incurred by your bike’s engine.
Coverage Available Under Engine Protect Cover
- The Engine Protect cover allows you to get an insurance coverage in the following cases:
- Damages sustained by the engine parts due to water ingression.
- Damages incurred to the engine and its parts due to leakage of lubricating oils.
- Physical damages incurred to the differential parts or gearbox.
- Engine failure due to an attempt to start a wet engine.
Who Should Purchase Engine Protect Cover?
The Engine Protect bike insurance add-on is recommended for all bike owners. However, it is highly recommended for people living in flood-prone areas or in or near streets which get water-logged easily during rains. Engine Protect is also highly recommended for owners of premium bikes which come with expensive engine parts.
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Shine Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Passion Pro Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Glamour Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Quotes
- View Suzuki Access 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Dio Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Pleasure Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha Fascino 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS160 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Hness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa Perak Insurance Quotes
- View Suzuki Intruder Insurance Quotes
Bike Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Bike Engine Protection Cover FAQ
Is the Engine Protect add-on available with a third party bike insurance plan?
No. Like all other bike insurance add-ons, the Engine Protect Cover is also available with only comprehensive and standalone own-damage bike insurance plans.
When can I opt for the Engine Protect Cover?
The Engine Protect cover can opt for either at the time of policy purchase or policy renewal. However, some but not all insurance companies do allow addition of the add-on covers even in between the policy period.
Is damage caused due to oil leakage covered under Engine Protect?
Yes, engine damage caused by leakage of lubricating oils is covered under the Engine Protect add-on cover.
Does my standard comprehensive bike insurance plan cover damages incurred by my bike’s engine?
No, by default, a standard comprehensive bike insurance plan does not provide coverage for damages incurred by your bike’s engine.
Can I add other add-ons also along with the Engine Protect Cover to my bike insurance plan?
Yes, you can add as many add-ons as you wish with the Engine Protect Cover to your standard comprehensive/standalone own-damage bike insurance policy.
Is it ideal for me to purchase an engine protect add on cover?Engine protect add on cover is ideal for you in following situations: 1. Individuals living or working in flood-prone areas. 2. Individuals who wish to safeguard themselves against all types of financial risks. 3. Individuals, who own expensive bikes, repair or replacement costs for which would be too expensive.
Is engine protect add on cover necessary?Engine protect cover would safeguard the policyholder against financial crisis that could arise possibly due to replacement or repair expenses, in case the bike’s engine or parts get damaged.
Is my bike’s engine covered under the regular bike insurance policy?No, own damage bike insurance plan or comprehensive bike insurance plan does not provide protection to the bike's engine components in case of any losses or damages.
Why is safeguarding your bike’s engine important?Protecting your bike’s engine is important because of the following reasons: 1. Engine is the most expensive component in the bike. 2. Expenses related to repair or replacement of your bike can be very expensive. 3. Significant labor and material expenses.
How can I buy engine protect add on cover?Engine protect add on cover is an optional coverage along with your basic insurance policy. The policyholder needs to pay an additional premium amount in order to protect their bike’s engine. The insurance company is then made to pay for any kind of damages or losses to the bike’s engine such as lubricating oil, coolants, water ingression in the bike’s engine. This additional coverage helps in protecting the internal components of the bike’s engine.
Bike Insurance News
- Tips To Improve Your Riding Skills
You may be wondering what are some ways to take your riding ...17 January 2021
- Tyre Tread Designs And What They Mean
The different types of tread designs on tyres are an importa...17 January 2021
- Read This If You Are Planning A Road Trip To Ladak...
You may be wondering what is the best way to go about planni...16 January 2021
- All Women Biking Groups That Make India Proud
Here are some of all-women biking groups that make India pro...16 January 2021
- Best Motorcycle Trips Around Pune
Read on to find out about some of the most exciting bike tri...15 January 2021
- How to Check Vehicle Owner Details By Registration...
There are many scenarios in which you may want to find out a...28 November 2020
- Best Electric Two-Wheelers in India in 2021
Electric two wheelers are becoming increasingly popular in t...27 November 2020
- Advantages Of Personal Accident Cover With Two Whe...
Two wheelers are at greater risks for accidents than other v...28 November 2020
- Two-Wheeler Sanitization Checklist
Keeping all your surroundings clean and sanitised is of utmo...29 November 2020
- Important Items In A Biker’s Riding Kit
There may be many instances where you have taken a trip on y...29 November 2020