Engine Protect Cover Add-on For Two Wheeler Insurance
Bike Engine Protection Cover Addon
Engine is the heart of a bike. It provides the necessary power for its movement. Like other bike parts, the bike’s engine is also vulnerable to damages. An engine damage may occur due to oil leakage or ingression of water.
By default, the standard bike insurance policies, be it comprehensive or standalone own-damage cover, do not provide coverage for your bike’s engine against damages. Thus, in order to insure the engine of your bike, you need to purchase a bike insurance add-on known as Engine Protect cover. This add-on helps you claim compensation for damages sustained by the engine of your bike and the internal parts of the engine.
What is Engine Protect Cover?
Engine Protect cover is a bike insurance add-on which is available for purchase with comprehensive and standalone own-damage insurance plans. This cover helps you get compensation for the damages incurred by your bike’s engine.
Coverage Available Under Engine Protect Cover
- The Engine Protect cover allows you to get an insurance coverage in the following cases:
- Damages sustained by the engine parts due to water ingression.
- Damages incurred to the engine and its parts due to leakage of lubricating oils.
- Physical damages incurred to the differential parts or gearbox.
- Engine failure due to an attempt to start a wet engine.
Who Should Purchase Engine Protect Cover?
The Engine Protect bike insurance add-on is recommended for all bike owners. However, it is highly recommended for people living in flood-prone areas or in or near streets which get water-logged easily during rains. Engine Protect is also highly recommended for owners of premium bikes which come with expensive engine parts.
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Shine Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Passion Pro Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Glamour Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View Suzuki Access 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Dio Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Pleasure Plus Insurance Quotes
- View Ather 450X Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha FZS-FI V3 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 125 Insurance Quotes
- View KTM RC 200 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Hness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa Perak Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes
Bike Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Bike Engine Protection Cover FAQ
Is the Engine Protect add-on available with a third party bike insurance plan?
No. Like all other bike insurance add-ons, the Engine Protect Cover is also available with only comprehensive and standalone own-damage bike insurance plans.
When can I opt for the Engine Protect Cover?
The Engine Protect cover can opt for either at the time of policy purchase or policy renewal. However, some but not all insurance companies do allow addition of the add-on covers even in between the policy period.
Is damage caused due to oil leakage covered under Engine Protect?
Yes, engine damage caused by leakage of lubricating oils is covered under the Engine Protect add-on cover.
Does my standard comprehensive bike insurance plan cover damages incurred by my bike’s engine?
No, by default, a standard comprehensive bike insurance plan does not provide coverage for damages incurred by your bike’s engine.
Can I add other add-ons also along with the Engine Protect Cover to my bike insurance plan?
Yes, you can add as many add-ons as you wish with the Engine Protect Cover to your standard comprehensive/standalone own-damage bike insurance policy.
Is it ideal for me to purchase an engine protect add on cover?Engine protect add on cover is ideal for you in following situations: 1. Individuals living or working in flood-prone areas. 2. Individuals who wish to safeguard themselves against all types of financial risks. 3. Individuals, who own expensive bikes, repair or replacement costs for which would be too expensive.
Is engine protect add on cover necessary?Engine protect cover would safeguard the policyholder against financial crisis that could arise possibly due to replacement or repair expenses, in case the bike’s engine or parts get damaged.
Is my bike’s engine covered under the regular bike insurance policy?No, own damage bike insurance plan or comprehensive bike insurance plan does not provide protection to the bike's engine components in case of any losses or damages.
Why is safeguarding your bike’s engine important?Protecting your bike’s engine is important because of the following reasons: 1. Engine is the most expensive component in the bike. 2. Expenses related to repair or replacement of your bike can be very expensive. 3. Significant labor and material expenses.
How can I buy engine protect add on cover?Engine protect add on cover is an optional coverage along with your basic insurance policy. The policyholder needs to pay an additional premium amount in order to protect their bike’s engine. The insurance company is then made to pay for any kind of damages or losses to the bike’s engine such as lubricating oil, coolants, water ingression in the bike’s engine. This additional coverage helps in protecting the internal components of the bike’s engine.
Bike Insurance News
- Want To Buy A Second Hand Honda Activa? Here Is A ...
This article mentions the checklist that an individual shoul...09 April 2021
- Tips To Maintain A Royal Enfield Bike
This article mentions the top 5 tips for maintaining a Royal...09 April 2021
- Best Royal Enfield Bikes Under INR 2 Lakh In India...
This article mentions the best Royal Enfield bikes available...08 April 2021
- What Does A Motorcycle Tune Up Include?
This article mentions what the process of a motorcycle tune ...08 April 2021
- Best Two Wheeler Insurance Plans In India 2021
This article highlights the best two wheeler insurance plans...07 April 2021
- Registration Certificate (RC): Check Vehicle Regis...
It is important to know how you can access vehicle registrat...13 February 2021
- PUC Certificate: Check Your Vehicle Pollution Cert...
Have you ever wondered your pollution certificate status onl...16 March 2021
- How to Find A Bike’s Registration Number And Chass...
Check this post if you want to learn how to find a bike's re...20 February 2021
- Steps To Check Bike Insurance Policy Status Online...
It has never been easier to check your insurance policy stat...16 February 2021
- Traffic Fines in 2021: New Rules, Applicable Penal...
In this article, we have listed the applicable fines and pen...04 March 2021