Engine Protect Cover Add-on in Two Wheeler Insurance
Engine Protect add-on cover offers the policyholder coverage against loss or damages incurred by your bike’s engine because of lubricating oil leakage, water ingression, physical damages to gearbox or differential parts and engine failure because of an attempt to start a wet engine. This add-on cover can be bought along with a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan and standalone own damage two-wheeler insurance plan.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Bike Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 75cc two wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Bike Insurance
The engine is the heart of a bike. It provides the necessary power for its movement. Like other bike parts, the bike’s engine is also vulnerable to damages. Engine damage may occur due to oil leakage or ingression of water.
By default, the standard two-wheeler insurance policies, be it comprehensive or standalone own-damage cover, do not provide coverage for your bike’s engine against damages. Thus, in order to insure the engine of your bike, you need to purchase a bike insurance add-on known as Engine Protect cover. This add-on helps you claim compensation for damages sustained by the engine of your bike and the internal parts of the engine.
What is Engine Protect Cover?
Engine Protect cover is a bike insurance add-on which is available for purchase with comprehensive and standalone own-damage insurance plans. This cover helps you get compensation for the damages incurred by your bike’s engine.
Coverage Available Under Engine Protect Cover
The Engine Protect cover allows you to get insurance coverage in the following cases:
- Damages sustained by the engine parts due to water ingression.
- Damages incurred to the engine and its parts due to leakage of lubricating oils.
- Physical damages incurred to the differential parts or gearbox.
- Engine failure due to an attempt to start a wet engine.
What is Not Covered Under Engine Protect Add-on Cover?
The engine protection add-on cover can be purchased along with a comprehensive insurance plan or with a standalone own damage insurance plan. The following are not covered under engine protect add-on cover for two-wheeler insurance:
- Loss or damage including corrosion of the engine or/and the gearbox because of delay in informing the bike insurance provider.
- Replacement or repair of internal components of the engine caused because of the delay in retrieving the two-wheeler from the water-logged region.
- Damage or loss to the two-wheeler because of the individual riding the insured bike in an intoxicating condition.
- Replacement or repair of the engine.
- Loss or Damage caused to the insured bike riding the vehicle in an illegal race.
- Loss or Damage caused to a bike in case riding it without a valid driving license.
- Lubricants cost in the event of loss because of leakage.
- Any claim being raised after a specific time duration is set by the insurance company.
- Any claim, wherein the repair process takes place before intimating the insurance provider.
- Any claims being raised because of damage or loss caused owing to regular wear and tear.
Who Should Purchase Engine Protect Cover?
The Engine Protect bike insurance add-on is recommended for all bike owners. However, it is highly recommended for people living in flood-prone areas or in or near streets which get water-logged easily during rains. Engine Protect is also highly recommended for owners of premium bikes which come with expensive engine parts.
Bike Insurance for Popular Bike Models
Bike Insurance Add on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz
- Bharti Axa
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Star City Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Radeon Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Honda SP 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Scooty Pep Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Scooty Zest Insurance Quotes
- View TVS XL100 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS iQube Electric Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha MT-15 Version 2.0 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar N160 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha R15 V4 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha FZS-FI V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda H'ness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Yezdi Roadster Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa Perak Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda CB350RS Insurance Quotes
- View Harley Davidson Fat Bob 114 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Insurance Quotes
Explore Two Wheeler Insurance
Two Wheeler Insurance Add-ons
Bike Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Bike Engine Protection Cover FAQ
Is the Engine Protect add-on available with a third party bike insurance plan?
No. Like all other bike insurance add-ons, the Engine Protect Cover is also available with only comprehensive and standalone own-damage bike insurance plans.
When can I opt for the Engine Protect Cover?
The Engine Protect cover can opt for either at the time of policy purchase or policy renewal. However, some but not all two wheeler insurance companies do allow the addition of the add-on covers even in between the policy period.
Is damage caused due to oil leakage covered under Engine Protect?
Yes, engine damage caused by leakage of lubricating oils is covered under the Engine Protect add-on cover.
Does my standard comprehensive bike insurance plan cover damages incurred by my bike’s engine?
No, by default, a standard comprehensive bike insurance plan does not provide coverage for damages incurred by your bike’s engine.
Can I add other add-ons also along with the Engine Protect Cover to my bike insurance plan?
Yes, you can add as many add-ons as you wish with the Engine Protect Cover to your standard comprehensive/standalone own-damage bike insurance policy.
Is it ideal for me to purchase an engine protect add on cover?
Engine protect add on cover is ideal for you in the following situations:
1. Individuals living or working in flood-prone areas.
2. Individuals who wish to safeguard themselves against all types of financial risks.
3. Individuals, who own expensive bikes, repair or replacement costs for which would be too expensive.
Is engine protect add on cover necessary?Engine protect cover would safeguard the policyholder against financial crisis that could arise possibly due to replacement or repair expenses, in case the bike’s engine or parts get damaged.
Is my bike’s engine covered under the regular bike insurance policy?No, own damage bike insurance plan or comprehensive bike insurance plan does not provide protection to the bike's engine components in case of any losses or damages.
Why is safeguarding your bike’s engine important?
Protecting your bike’s engine is important because of the following reasons:
1. Engine is the most expensive component in the bike.
2. Expenses related to repair or replacement of your bike can be very expensive.
3. Significant labor and material expenses.
How can I buy engine protect add on cover?
Engine protect add-on cover is an optional coverage along with your basic insurance policy. The policyholder needs to pay an additional premium amount in order to protect their bike’s engine. The insurance company is then made to pay for any kind of damages or losses to the bike’s engine such as lubricating oil, coolants, water ingression in the bike's engine. This additional coverage helps in protecting the internal components of the bike’s engine.
Bike Insurance News
- Factors To Consider When Buying An Electronic Two-...
Read this article to learn why getting e-bike insurance from...03 July 2022
- How To Get A Cheap Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy?
Learn how to get a cheap two-wheeler insurance policy here.02 July 2022
- 10 Things to Think About Before Buying a Used Bike
Due to the abundance of good-condition two-wheelers, many in...01 July 2022
- Are Add-On Covers in a Two-Wheeler Insurance Polic...
Insurance for two-wheelers Add-on covers are optional covera...01 July 2022
- Renewing Your Two-Wheeler Insurance in the Most Po...
When insurance was first introduced, the only method to obta...30 June 2022
- Why Shouldn't You Use a Fancy Number Plate On Your...
Know why you shouldn't use a fancy number plate on you bike....04 May 2022
- 10 Tips For Riding In Congested Areas
Here are some tips that will help you manage your bike ridin...04 May 2022
- Renewal Benefits for Two-Wheeler Insurance
Here are some of the benefits of renewing your bike insuranc...06 May 2022
- How Can You Check Your Bike Insurance Policy's Exp...
Perhaps you're looking for a step-by-step guide on how to ch...14 May 2022
- Learn Everything About Bike Registration Through R...
Read on to learn more about how to register your new bike an...19 May 2022