Tyre Protection Add-On in Two Wheeler Insurance
A tyre protection cover under a bike insurance plan is an add-on that offers coverage for the replacement or repair cost of the bike’s tyre. This cover offers coverage against accidental losses or damages or any type of cuts to the tyres along with labour cost incurred at the time of replacement or repair of the tyres. A policyholder can purchase this add-on by paying a slightly higher premium cost with a comprehensive or standalone own damage bike insurance plan.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Bike Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 75cc two wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Bike Insurance
Tyres are the backbone of your car. It is a support system which makes it possible to run on the road. Therefore to enjoy a safe and smooth drive, it is essential to protect it from different road surfaces and conditions. Broken roads, bumpy areas damage the tyre making it unfit to use. Moreover, bike tyres are not that cheap,they involve high costs of replacing. However, standard bike insurance does not provide coverage for tyres of your two-wheelers. Thus, you should buy a tyre protection cover with your standard policy to keep the tyres secured.
What is Tyre Protection Add-On in Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Cover?
Tyre Protection Cover is an add-on which you can avail by paying an additional premium. It offers coverage to your bike tyre from financial expenses incurred due to accident, cut or at the time of replacement and repair of tyre. It can be opted with your comprehensive bike insurance policy as well as a standalone own-damage bike insurance plan. Moreover, with a tyre protect add-on cover, you can remain tension free from all the additional cost that can incur and you may need to pay from your pocket due to the tyre getting damaged while riding your bike on the road, as with this add-on cover, the bike insurance company would compensate you for the tyre replacement cost.
Benefits of Tyre Protection Add-On Cover in Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Cover
The following are the advantages which you can avail yourself after buying this add-on:
1. Covers Replacement Cost
The cost incurred at the time of replacing the old tyre with the new one is covered in this bike insurance add-on.
2. Covers Labor Cost
The labor charges related to removing and refitting of tires is covered under this add-on.
3. Covers Loss/Damage
Accidental loss or damage to tyre and tubes which make it of no use. This includes bulge, cut, bursting of tyre are covered in this add-on.
What is Covered Under Tyre Protect Add-On Cover?
The key inclusions of Tyre protect add-on cover are as follows:
- Replacement cost of the damaged tyre with a new tyre.
- Cost of labour towards removing the tyre, refitting and rebalancing it.
- Accidental damage or loss to tubes and tyres resulting in making them not fit for use. It includes situations like tyre bursting, a bulge in tyre and cut or damage to the bike’s tyre.
What is Not Covered Under Tyre Protect Add-On Cover?
The key exclusions of the tyre protect add on the cover are as follows:
- Cost incurred on puncture or repair of the tyre.
- Damage or loss due to manufacturing faults or services offered by a non-authorized service station.
- Loss or damage incurred due to breach of operating instructions like rally, racing etc.
- Loss or damage incurred due to improper transportation or storage.
Bike Insurance for Popular Bike Models
Bike Insurance Add on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz
- Bharti Axa
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Star City Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Radeon Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon Insurance Quotes
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes
- View Honda SP 125 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Jupiter 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Scooty Pep Plus Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Scooty Zest Insurance Quotes
- View TVS XL100 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS iQube Electric Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha MT-15 Version 2.0 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar N160 Insurance Quotes
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha R15 V4 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes
- View Yamaha FZS-FI V3 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda H'ness CB350 Insurance Quotes
- View Yezdi Roadster Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa Perak Insurance Quotes
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 Insurance Quotes
- View Honda CB350RS Insurance Quotes
- View Harley Davidson Fat Bob 114 Insurance Quotes
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Insurance Quotes
Explore Two Wheeler Insurance
Two Wheeler Insurance Add-ons
Bike Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Tyre Protection Add-On Cover in Bike Insurance FAQ
What is the cost of the Tyre Protection add-on Cover?
Tyre Protection add-on Cover is offered at different rates. Different insurance companies offer different costs for this add-on. You will have to check and contact with the respective insurance provider for the details related to this add-on cover. The cost of the Tyre Protection add-on cover is based on the sum insured as well as the insurance company.
Is normal wear and tear covered in this add-on policy?
No, normal wear and tear are exclusion and therefore it is not covered in this policy. After using a two-wheeler for a longer time, there will be normal wear and tear but it is not covered by an insurance company.
How much compensation will I get under the Tyre Protection add-on Cover?
The compensation offered to you depends upon the sum insured of your standard bike insurance plan. On the basis of that, your reimbursed amount will be calculated.
Does this add-on provide coverage for labor charges?
These are paid to the workers who are employed to do physical work such as removing, refitting the tyre. The labor charges related to removing and refitting of tires are fully covered under this add-on.
What kind of coverage the insurance company will provide under this Tyre Protection add-on cover?
Tyre Protection add-on cover offers additional coverage and benefits to your bike while it is going through a rough surface/road. Some of the important coverages are as follows:
- The cost incurred at the time of replacing the old tyre with the new one is covered in this add-on.
- The labor charges related to removing and refitting of tires is covered under this add-on.
- Accidental loss or damage to tyre and tubes which make it of no use. This includes bulge, cut, the bursting of tyre are covered in this add-on.
Bike Insurance News
- Factors To Consider When Buying An Electronic Two-...
Read this article to learn why getting e-bike insurance from...03 July 2022
- How To Get A Cheap Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy?
Learn how to get a cheap two-wheeler insurance policy here.02 July 2022
- 10 Things to Think About Before Buying a Used Bike
Due to the abundance of good-condition two-wheelers, many in...01 July 2022
- Are Add-On Covers in a Two-Wheeler Insurance Polic...
Insurance for two-wheelers Add-on covers are optional covera...01 July 2022
- Renewing Your Two-Wheeler Insurance in the Most Po...
When insurance was first introduced, the only method to obta...30 June 2022
- Why Shouldn't You Use a Fancy Number Plate On Your...
Know why you shouldn't use a fancy number plate on you bike....04 May 2022
- 10 Tips For Riding In Congested Areas
Here are some tips that will help you manage your bike ridin...04 May 2022
- Renewal Benefits for Two-Wheeler Insurance
Here are some of the benefits of renewing your bike insuranc...06 May 2022
- How Can You Check Your Bike Insurance Policy's Exp...
Perhaps you're looking for a step-by-step guide on how to ch...14 May 2022
- Learn Everything About Bike Registration Through R...
Read on to learn more about how to register your new bike an...19 May 2022