Shriram Comprehensive Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy
Shriram General Insurance is a fast-growing insurance company that has supported its policyholders during the unforeseen events of life. Shriram comprehensive bike insurance helps to deal with the liabilities arising from accident, damage or theft of the insured’s bike. It takes care of the third party liabilities as well as the damage occurred to the insured’s bike. It provides financial security and peace of mind to the policyholders.
Shriram Comprehensive Bike Insurance vs Third Party Bike Insurance
Comprehensive Bike insurance
Third Party Bike insurance
It provides coverage for the financial liabilities to the third party as well as own damage to the insured’s bike.
Third party bike insurance policy provides coverage only for the third party liabilities incurred due to the insured’s bike.
Comprehensive bike insurance comes with a variety of add-on covers. The policyholders can choose add-ons as per own preference.
Third party insurance does not offer any add-on cover.
The comprehensive policy is relatively expensive as it provides extensive coverage to the policyholders.
The third party policy is cost-effective due to its limited coverage.
What All is Covered Under Shriram Comprehensive Bike Insurance Plan?
Shriram comprehensive bike insurance provides coverage for the following.
- Coverage for third party liabilities: The policyholder receives coverage for the financial and legal liabilities towards the third party caused by the insured’s bike. The insurer provides compensation up to Rs. 1 lakh for the property or vehicle damage of the third party. In case of bodily injury, disability or death of the third party, the compensation amount is decided by the court of law.
- Protection against natural calamities: The plan provides coverage for damages incurred by the insured bike due to natural calamities such as flood, earthquake etc.
- Protection against man-made disaster: The insurer covers the own damage incurred by the insured bike due to riots, strikes, fire and any other man-made disaster.
- Theft of the insured’s bike: The plan provides insurance cover in case the insured’s bike gets stolen.
What All Is Not Covered Under Shriram Comprehensive Bike Insurance Plan?
Shriram comprehensive bike insurance policy refrains from providing coverage under the following circumstances.
- Normal wear and tear
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown
- For an accident due to contractual agreement
- If the bike was not driven by the described person at the time of the accident
- For driving under the influence of alcohol or intoxicating drugs
- Absence of valid license while driving
- In case of conflict or war, mutiny or nuclear risk.
Benefits of Shriram Comprehensive Bike Insurance Policy
Shriram comprehensive bike insurance policy provides the following advantages to its policyholder.
- The insurer provides financial and legal assistance to the policyholder for the third party liabilities
- The insurer compensates for the damage or theft of the insured bike
- The coverage of the policy can be extended by availing add-on covers
- The policy provides free repairs for the insured’s bike in the network garages
- Round the clock helpdesk service
- Quick claim settlement.
Explore Shriram Bike Insurance
Shriram Bike Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
Shriram Comprehensive Bike Insurance FAQs
What are the factors on which the premium of Shriram comprehensive insurance policy depends on?
The premium of Shriram comprehensive insurance policy depends on the following factors.
- Cubic capacity of the engine
- Carrying capacity or the gross weight of the vehicle
- Age of the bike
- Place of registration
- Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the bike.
Can I stretch the coverage of Shriram comprehensive bike insurance policy?
Yes, you can stretch the coverage of comprehensive bike insurance policy by opting for different add-ons offered by Shriram General Insurance. The add-ons can be chosen as per the requirement and preference of the policyholder.
Can Add-ons be added in the middle of the policy period?
Yes, you can opt for add-ons in the middle of the policy period. However, the insurance company may conduct an inspection before providing the add-on cover.
What coverage will Shriram comprehensive policy provide outside the geographical area?
Any damage occurred to the insured bike outside the geographical area does not get covered under the Shriram comprehensive bike insurance policy. The insurer sets a predetermined geographical area for each policyholder and the coverage is limited to that area.
Can I get coverage under Shriram comprehensive bike insurance policy if the bike is damaged due to a landslide?
Yes, Shriram comprehensive bike Insurance policy provides coverage for any damage caused to the insured bike due to landslide or any other natural calamities.
Why Choose Bike Insurance from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Bike Insurance News
- Insurance For Second Hand Two Wheeler Explained
Why get a second-hand bike insured? What is a Second-hand Bi...18 September 2020
- Benefits of Timely Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal
Learn benefits of timely online two wheeler insurance renewa...17 September 2020
- Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Rejection Reasons
Learn 7 reasons for rejection of two-wheeler insurance claim...15 September 2020
- How to Change Two Wheeler Insurance
If you want to change your insurer in the middle of your pol...14 September 2020
- Everything About Bike Insurance Types, Benefits an...
What are the types of two-wheeler insurance in India? Why is...11 September 2020
- Understand Theft Cover of Two-Wheeler Insurance Pl...
Understand Theft Cover of Two-Wheeler Insurance Plans10 September 2020